2022 Elder Football

I feel so enlightened for having read this post. Thank you Omy!
Despite your unwarranted sarcasm, it’s a valid point. There’s too many different variables combined with a limited sample size to make any kind of judgement.

What Sophs play up? I think Selle, Williams (if he chooses to play Football), James, Yerian all have a good chance. Selle would be the most Varsity ready, but there’s a lot of depth at OLB/DE, not sure he gets much PT this year. Same with Yerian. However, I think Williams and James would have a real shot to actually contribute.

Hopefully, with an improved OL they’ll be able to target him more downfield this year. This is elite level speed Elder usually doesn’t have at skill positions.

I saw this game last year with a Moeller friend and we were commenting most of the game that the kid was open but never thrown to. Then he catches one over the middle and goes untouched for like 80 yards. If you have kids this fast, you have to get them the ball. He has Tennell Bryant speed. He seemed very under-utilized. Is he an under-classman?

I saw this game last year with a Moeller friend and we were commenting most of the game that the kid was open but never thrown to. Then he catches one over the middle and goes untouched for like 80 yards. If you have kids this fast, you have to get them the ball. He has Tennell Bryant speed. He seemed very under-utilized. Is he an under-classman?
He’ll be a Sr this coming season. He was underutilized mostly bc he’s a vertical threat and Elder’s QB had no time to throw last yr. Hopefully, he’ll get more targets this season.

What Sophs play up? I think Selle, Williams (if he chooses to play Football), James, Yerian all have a good chance. Selle would be the most Varsity ready, but there’s a lot of depth at OLB/DE, not sure he gets much PT this year. Same with Yerian. However, I think Williams and James would have a real shot to actually contribute.
Maddox Arnold will have the best chance of pt out of the soph class. Although LB's will probably be pretty good with Hornschmeyer, Dugan, Volkerding and Arnold all in the mix.

Maddox Arnold will have the best chance of pt out of the soph class. Although LB's will probably be pretty good with Hornschmeyer, Dugan, Volkerding and Arnold all in the mix.
Since he played as a Frosh, I left him out. He’ll start at LB, but I hope he gets reps at RB too.

Anyone have any info on the offensive line this year? They will go as far as their offensive line will take them.

Anyone have any info on the offensive line this year? They will go as far as their offensive line will take them.
Should be vastly improved. it’s hard to say who will play which position, but if I had to guess you’ll see a combination of:

James- Sr
Schorsch
Bass
Weidner
James- Soph

I’m not going to single any player out, but if you’re under 200 lbs, you have no business playing OL on Varsity. Honestly, you probably shouldn’t be playing on the OL at all if you’re under 225. Height, weight, arm length, strength, footwork all matter more than trying hard.

Onorato, Ruwe, Ruwe and Ginn will all get a chance before the sophomore. And there is an excess of talent at DL and LB too. Some of them might move around.

Onorato, Ruwe, Ruwe and Ginn will all get a chance before the sophomore. And there is an excess of talent at DL and LB too. Some of them might move around.
James isn’t a typical Sophomore. With his size and training, he’s about as prepared as any Soph could be to play on the Varsity OL.

Also, Special Teams still matter. They should have a solid Kicker, whomever it ends up being. However, they could really use an effective Punter. It’s no secret, field position is important, but when you factor in that Defenses are more “bend but don’t break”, making an offense start at the 35 instead of 45 is huge.

James isn’t a typical Sophomore. With his size and training, he’s about as prepared as any Soph could be to play on the Varsity OL.
The whole O Line get special training or just a James? Also, what’s the difference between the Training he receive as opposed to other lineman?

The whole O Line get special training or just a James? Also, what’s the difference between the Training he receive as opposed to other lineman?
His two brothers are recent 3 yr starters, I think having that insight would help a great deal.

?. You’re kidding right? The James boys are born to block and they are probably family trained from the time they start crawling. So yes, he probably has received special training the rest of Elder’s oline didn’t get.

?. You’re kidding right? The James boys are born to block and they are probably family trained from the time they start crawling. So yes, he probably has received special training the rest of Elder’s oline didn’t get.
I sense your sarcasm but having two older brothers who have recently been 3 yr starters on the OL is an advantage.

I sense your sarcasm but having two older brothers who have recently been 3 yr starters on the OL is an advantage.
Not being sarcastic at all. I am assuming the James boys we are talking about are members of THE James family. If so I stand by my comments.

Taking a guess at the oline.

LT Evan James SR.
LG Austin Bass SR.
C Andrew Onorato SR.
RG Cameron James SO.
RT Jacob Schorsch JR.

Andrew and Austin Ruwe both Seniors will be in the mix too. I think you can add Colton Ginn Junior if they decide to move him from Defensive line. They return 3 starters on the defensive line so they can afford to move him to offensive line if they need to. I understand some might want to see a bigger center, but it's not that simple. Someone has to prove they can get the snaps back cleanly and know their blocking assignments.

I think the offensive line will be much better than it was last year.

I think Sandhas, Roden, Schneider, Palicki, Cowans, Selle could be possibilities to suit up on Varsity. I'm sure there's a few others I'm not thinking of. For real playing time, I think only Arnold and James as possible starters. Arnold a lock for starting.

I think Sandhas, Roden, Schneider, Palicki, Cowans, Selle could be possibilities to suit up on Varsity. I'm sure there's a few others I'm not thinking of. For real playing time, I think only Arnold and James as possible starters. Arnold a lock for starting.
If Cam Williams sticks with Football, I have to think he’ll at least dress for Varsity.

Taking a guess at the oline.

LT Evan James SR.
LG Austin Bass SR.
C Andrew Onorato SR.
RG Cameron James SO.
RT Jacob Schorsch JR.

Andrew and Austin Ruwe both Seniors will be in the mix too. I think you can add Colton Ginn Junior if they decide to move him from Defensive line. They return 3 starters on the defensive line so they can afford to move him to offensive line if they need to. I understand some might want to see a bigger center, but it's not that simple. Someone has to prove they can get the snaps back cleanly and know their blocking assignments.

I think the offensive line will be much better than it was last year.
I know it’s not that simple, but that’s why you have Summer Practices. Last season, we saw how negatively an undersized OL can impact an Offense.

I’ll say it for the thousandth time, Paul Daughtery is a moron. He might write some ball washing article about how tough Elder’s undersized Center is, but that’s bc he doesn’t understand the sport. He doesn’t get that Defenses are going to stunt or blitz the hell out of the A Gap and create pressure that’s actually more disruptive than off the edge (reference the SBs where the NY Giants beat Tom Brady and the Patriots).

I find it funny how the 4th post says Elder only plays CovCath when we are confident we can beat them. We play anybody anytime anywhere. Look at the rest of the schedule.

Interesting that someone from this area in Louisville would make a comment about Price Hill BA952AFB-3AE9-496A-912E-99FD153869C8.png

I find it funny how the 4th post says Elder only plays CovCath when we are confident we can beat them. We play anybody anytime anywhere. Look at the rest of the schedule.
More like Cov Cath and Highlands only when a play Elder when they think they can win! This is a really tough Schedule for Elder! Next season should be fun and interesting.