2022 Elder Football

pantherland

Looks like captains were selected for the 2022 season. Evan James, Zach Gutekunst, Luke Flowers, and Samari Freeman. Congratulations.

There will be several question marks and a lot of room for improvement next season.

Defense

Have to replace two very solid cbs in Kammerer and Thomas.

The Dline and lb's should be pretty good and improved with plenty of guys back and in the mix.

Flowers/Gutekunst would be best suited as safeties to help the defense out.

Offense

Need to replace Hambleton who was a very good 2 yr starter at QB. Schoester, Brass, Schachleiter, Rueter will all be in the pre season mix.

Oline needs to improve. Evan james, Austin Bass, and Onorato all started/Played a lot. Several candidates will be in the mix to fill the voids; Ginn, Ruwes. All options should be explored to get the best 5 guys on the line.

Brownie and Re will be starting at TE and WR as two locks for those positions.

Looks like captains were selected for the 2022 season. Evan James, Zach Gutekunst, Luke Flowers, and Samari Freeman. Congratulations.

There will be several question marks and a lot of room for improvement next season.

Defense

The Dline and lb's should be pretty good and improved with plenty of guys back and in the mix.

Offense

Need to replace Hambleton who was a very good 2 yr starter at QB. Schoester, Brass, Schachleiter, Rueter will all be in the pre season mix.

Oline needs to improve. Evan james, Austin Bass, and Onorato all started/Played a lot. Several candidates will be in the mix to fill the voids; Ginn, Ruwes. All options should be explored to get the best 5 guys on the line.

I don’t like the idea of a Sr QB not being a Captain. I’m not putting them on blast, but it makes me think one of the Jrs is going to step up and win the job.

I don’t like the idea of a Sr QB not being a Captain. I’m not putting them on blast, but it makes me think one of the Jrs is going to step up and win the job.
I don't think Ramsey knows who the clear cut qb is going to be next year? Your assumption could be right. You want your captains to be starting and on the field, not holding a clipboard.

I don't think Ramsey knows who the clear cut qb is going to be next year? Your assumption could be right. You want your captains to be starting and on the field, not holding a clipboard.
I get that, but even in years past, the Sr QB has still been named a Captain. If one of the two Srs win the job, I hope they can get that bump. You really need your QB to be a team leader.

I get that, but even in years past, the Sr QB has still been named a Captain. If one of the two Srs win the job, I hope they can get that bump. You really need your QB to be a team leader.
Captains are voted on by the team. These four all started this year, shoot three of the four started as sophomores right?

Well that's your opinion, but also not your call.
I understand, but I don’t like the dynamic it creates. There’s been 1 yr Sr Starting QBs that have been named Captain before.

I get why neither rising Sr QB would’ve been chosen since neither played much. However, I hope if one of them wins the job, they can a spot as Captain at some point.

Defense

Offense

Also, Schorsch and the youngest James should start on the OL. If Rueter doesn’t end up QB, I’d like to see if he could play Corner. Maybe he can’t, but he’s a good athlete and it’s worth considering. I feel the same about Summers.

I don't have dates, but this is what I have heard.

Week 1 vs CovCath (game site unknown possibly TQL)
Week 2 vs Pick Central @ Elder
Week 3 OPEN
Week 4 @ Lakewood St Eds
Week 5 Louisville X @ Elder
Week 6 X @ Elder
Week 7 @ Moeller (game site unknown)
Week 8 @ Roncalli
Week9 OPEN
Week 10 LaSalle @ Elder

Elder has had home and aways with Pick Central, Louisville X, and Roncalli. We are still in the long term contract with Eds. I talked to Tom Gamble at the Darius Rucker concert and he said we are playing CovCath in the showdown week 1. Said might be at TQL, but FCC is also a clown show in the office, so he doesn't know where the game will be. CovCath really doesn't want to come back to Elder.

I don't have dates, but this is what I have heard.

Week 2 vs Pick Central @ Elder
Week 3 OPEN
Week 4 @ Lakewood St Eds
Week 5 Louisville X @ Elder
Week 6 X @ Elder
Week 7 @ Moeller (game site unknown)
Week 8 @ Roncalli
Week9 OPEN
Week 10 LaSalle @ Elder

Elder has had home and aways with Pick Central, Louisville X, and Roncalli. We are still in the long term contract with Eds. I talked to Tom Gamble at the Darius Rucker concert and he said we are playing CovCath in the showdown week 1. Said might be at TQL, but FCC is also a clown show in the office, so he doesn't know where the game will be. CovCath really doesn't want to come back to Elder.
If TQL doesn’t work, it’ll probably be at Princeton or Mason. Cov Cath has a nice stadium, but it can’t handle the crowd this game would bring.

I’d like to see Flowers stay on Defense full time. Meier has a similar skill set to replace him as the main RB. I’d also like to see what Arnold could do at RB with a few carries a game.

maybe elder could pick up img on one of those open dates like lasalle did?

also, if i was cov cath the game would be played at their home field. why do they need to coddle the visitors?

jtk
()

btw, before pboy goes crazy, i was lol on the first point.

the second though, im not. why should cov cath give up a true home game?

jtk
()

btw, before pboy goes crazy, i was lol on the first point.

the second though, im not. why should cov cath give up a true home game?

jtk
()
It’s for their own fans. If they want a true Home game, a lot of their own fans wouldn’t be able to go.

Agree, surprising.

I'd thought OH has been pointing to this upcoming year for awhile as kids who could win some games. Evidently this group was good in 7th and 8th grade.

Agree, surprising.

I'd thought OH has been pointing to this upcoming year for awhile as kids who could win some games. Evidently this group was good in 7th and 8th grade.
This group meaning juniors and seniors? If so, I'd imagine they were all on varsity last year and, well, that didn't go so well.

Agree, surprising.

Senior class or junior class? Or both? I don’t know much about the senior class but the junior class was pretty good. But a few of their best players in that grade have ended up at Elder.

It is the Oak Hills junior class. They were undefeated a couple years in a row, and I think they had a close loss to one of Lakota West's junior high teams their 8th grade year. I have no idea if the class fell apart football wise. They were much more competitive this past season, but it sounds like either some players didn't develop, players went to different schools?, or players chose other sports. Maybe, they will be better this season as Seniors.

I don't see FCC allowing a football game to be played on TQL grass in the middle of their MLS Season. Don't see them risking the wear and tear but that would be cool!

I don't see FCC allowing a football game to be played on TQL grass in the middle of their MLS Season. Don't see them risking the wear and tear but that would be cool!
There was a doubleheader planned--and half announced--for week 1 of the 2021 season consisting of Elder vs. Cov Cath and St. Xavier vs. Lakota West at TQL Stadium. However, the games were moved back on campus because of the USMNT match vs. Mexico.