2022 Elder Football

There was a doubleheader planned--and half announced--for week 1 of the 2021 season consisting of Elder vs. Cov Cath and St. Xavier vs. Lakota West at TQL Stadium. However, the games were moved back on campus because of the USMNT match vs. Mexico.
Did not know that, thanks for sharing! Definitely surprised during their MLS season. Pretty cool though.

I don't have dates, but this is what I have heard.

Week 1 vs CovCath (game site unknown possibly TQL)
Week 2 vs Pick Central @ Elder
Week 3 OPEN
Week 4 @ Lakewood St Eds
Week 5 Louisville X @ Elder
Week 6 X @ Elder
Week 7 @ Moeller (game site unknown)
Week 8 @ Roncalli
Week9 OPEN
Week 10 LaSalle @ Elder

Elder has had home and aways with Pick Central, Louisville X, and Roncalli. We are still in the long term contract with Eds. I talked to Tom Gamble at the Darius Rucker concert and he said we are playing CovCath in the showdown week 1. Said might be at TQL, but FCC is also a clown show in the office, so he doesn't know where the game will be. CovCath really doesn't want to come back to Elder.

Rumor is the schedule is set. Anyone care to reveal week 3 and week 9 opponents? I assume Football North for week 9. Is Cathedral or Trinity back on the schedule?

Rumor is the schedule is set. Anyone care to reveal week 3 and week 9 opponents? I assume Football North for week 9. Is Cathedral or Trinity back on the schedule?
I have heard a GWOC school in week 3, that we have not played before. I have not heard official yet.

I believe in 2022 Football North would no longer be eligable for Harbin Points so I don't know if they will change things.

I have heard a GWOC school in week 3, that we have not played before. I have not heard official yet.

I believe in 2022 Football North would no longer be eligable for Harbin Points so I don't know if they will change things.

Springboro is showing week 3 open on their schedule. Might be them. It would make sense since we scrimmaged them last year and Middletown was their week 3 last year which can't happen this season.

Week 1 vs CovCath (game site unknown possibly TQL)

I don't see FCC allowing a football game to be played on TQL grass in the middle of their MLS Season. Don't see them risking the wear and tear but that would be cool!
That’s the only thing that stadium is useful for.

They never offered many points to begin with. But f**k the OHSAA. They’re deliberately making it impossible for the large private schools to put together a decent schedule. What if all those schools decide to go independent? See what happens to their budget after that, those worthless mother f’s

That’s the only thing that stadium is useful for.
You been down there? Pretty sharp. Shame they couldn't get it bigger, so they won't be eligible to host World Cup matches, maybe some Gold Cup or Copa Cup matches down the line though.

You been down there? Pretty sharp. Shame they couldn't get it bigger, so they won't be eligible to host World Cup matches, maybe some Gold Cup or Copa Cup matches down the line though.
I’m sure it’s looks nice, but it used for soccer, so it has no real value.

The US-Mexico World Cup Qualifier down there was an incredible, incredible atmosphere. Probably the closest it'll get to a World Cup match, but, man, with more seating to allow for an actual World Cup match...that'd be unreal.

I was playing around looking for something else and I backed into the Week 9 game.

8/19/22 vs CovCath (game site unknown possibly TQL)
8/26/22 vs Pick Central @ Elder
9/2/22 @ Springboro
9/10/22 @ Lakewood St Eds
9/16/22 vs Louisville St X @ Elder
9/23/22 vs St @ Elder
9/30/22 @ Moeller (where ever Moeller puts the game)
10/7/22 @ Indy Roncalli
10/14/22 vs Indy Chatard @ Elder
10/21/22 vs LaSalle @ Elder.

Mmm...pretty sure it's pretty valuable, no matter how outdated your views on soccer are. Very early 2000's of you
Not sure the Omar boys elevator goes all the way to the top floor. FC Cincinnati is obviously way more valuable than Elder Football.

I was playing around looking for something else and I backed into the Week 9 game.

9/2/22 @ Springboro
9/23/22 vs St @ Elder
10/7/22 @ Indy Roncalli

Charade would be a great addition

9/2/22 @ Springboro
9/23/22 vs St @ Elder
10/7/22 @ Indy Roncalli

That's a good schedule. These are all actual high schools that generally play under the same rules. There is only one long trip, and that is heading to Lakewood. Not an easy schedule by any means, but these should mostly be competitive. I have a feeling a few of these contracts might expire after this season. Let's hope something similar can continue beyond 2022. Good job to Elder AD and whoever else involved getting a good schedule together.

Who needs the GMC and ECC? They can continue to play in their own little bubble and get bounced early from Region 4 as usual.

That's a good schedule. These are all actual high schools that generally play under the same rules. There is only one long trip, and that is heading to Lakewood. Not an easy schedule by any means, but these should mostly be competitive. I have a feeling a few of these contracts might expire after this season. Let's hope something similar can continue beyond 2022. Good job to Elder AD and whoever else involved getting a good schedule together.

Who needs the GMC and ECC? They can continue to play in their own little bubble and get bounced early from Region 4 as usual.
The GCL games and St Eds are probably back on for 2023.
I would guess Springboro and Chatard are 2 years deals so they should be back for 2023.

CovCath, Pick Central, Louisville X, and Roncalli are 50/50 for a 2023 game. I would guess Louisville X has the highest probability of return in 2023. The other three are almost certainly gone.

You do realize almost all of their Non GCL and Eds contracts expire after this year. They’re going to have to fill 5-6 open dates in ‘23. That’s insanely hard with no local options.

You do realize almost all of their Non GCL and Eds contracts expire after this year. They’re going to have to fill 5-6 open dates in ‘23. That’s insanely hard with no local options.

Yes, that's why I said a few of these contracts might expire after this season. Chatard and Springboro are probably but not necessarily a home and home. They would be on the schedule in 2023 if they are home/home.

Yes, that's why I said a few of these contracts might expire after this season. Chatard and Springboro are probably but not necessarily a home and home. They would be on the schedule in 2023 if they are home/home.
That means at best, they’ll have 4 open weeks. As I’ve said for years, the OHSAA should add Harbin points for public schools scheduling private schools. I don’t know the Harbin math well enough to give a number, but just guaranteeing them so points should provide some incentive.

That means at best, they’ll have 4 open weeks. As I’ve said for years, the OHSAA should add Harbin points for public schools scheduling private schools. I don’t know the Harbin math well enough to give a number, but just guaranteeing them so points should provide some incentive.
Just bring back L3 points and close the loopholes that come with them. Isn't that why L3 points were dropped?

Last edited: