2022 Elder Baseball

He’s the transfer from X. Elder had an impressive pair of wins yesterday and didn’t throw Sandhas.

Correct.
Ramsey the transfer from Moeller threw 4 innings against Bowling Green giving up 2 runs and getting the win.
Wood the transfer from St. Xavier threw 7 shutout innings against Lou. X.

That was the first game Ramsey has started this season. He pitched several in a relief role this season.
That was the third game Wood has started.

It looks like Wood or Ramsey will be the #2 come tournament time. They have other options also. Wood definitely took a step forward in being that guy.

Pretty good effort from Elder last night, but they fell short to the #1 team in the state, Moeller 4-2. Senior Alex Riesenbeck started and pitched well for Elder. A couple breaks go Elder's way and they could have pulled off the upset. They play Moeller again at home Wednesday 5pm.

No. It was a screamer down the third base line that landed just a little foul. Elder had men on first and second and it looked to me like the ball would have been trouble for the left fielder which could have allowed both runners to score. The game would have at least been tied.

No. It was a screamer down the third base line that landed just a little foul. Elder had men on first and second and it looked to me like the ball would have been trouble for the left fielder which could have allowed both runners to score. The game would have at least been tied.
I believe the runners were on second and third at the time.

Correct.
Ramsey the transfer from Moeller threw 4 innings against Bowling Green giving up 2 runs and getting the win.
Wood the transfer from St. Xavier threw 7 shutout innings against Lou. X.

That was the first game Ramsey has started this season. He pitched several in a relief role this season.
That was the third game Wood has started.

It looks like Wood or Ramsey will be the #2 come tournament time. They have other options also. Wood definitely took a step forward in being that guy.
Prior to the year, I was told Ramsey was only eligible for the first half of the season because of OHSAA transfer rules. Maybe it's a date or maybe its number of games, etc.

Hopefully this has changed and Elder will have him for the entirety of the season and playoffs. Can anyone shed some light on this?

It's pretty obvious Elder has the talent to get back to where they were last year. Anyone that follows high school baseball knows they have a team that can beat anyone on any given day. Even with their early struggles, the talent is there.

More than any other, the baseball tournament is where anything can happen because it's just one game. Takes a good team and alot of good fortune.

It's pretty obvious Elder has the talent to get back to where they were last year. Anyone that follows high school baseball knows they have a team that can beat anyone on any given day. Even with their early struggles, the talent is there.

More than any other, the baseball tournament is where anything can happen because it's just one game. Takes a good team and alot of good fortune.

Agreed and Elder/Moeller have a lot more to worry about than each other in the tournament. Mason, Butler, Centerville all stand in the way also.

Prior to the year, I was told Ramsey was only eligible for the first half of the season because of OHSAA transfer rules. Maybe it's a date or maybe its number of games, etc.

Hopefully this has changed and Elder will have him for the entirety of the season and playoffs. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I don't know. If true, I think April 30th would be the last game he will appear in. It most likely depends if they moved or not for full eligibility.

There was a wild pitch over the batters head the pitch before the line drive foul ball where the runners moved to second and third, wasn’t there
You may be correct. I remember 3 or 4 pitches over the batters head. Tramontana usually has pretty good control. I was surprised how wild he was at times. GBM

You’ve got to be f’n kidding me. There’s zero consistency on these transfer rules.

I think Curliss being moved up has been a big help.

I think Curliss being moved up has been a big help.

I heard one of the announcers say Curlis was hurt or banged up at the beginning of the season. The plan may have been him to start all along if not banged up. Either way, his defense is an upgrade I think.

Elder beat Turpin yesterday 5-4 in 9 innings. Turpin got 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th to tie it 4-4.

Elder is now 11-7 overall and 8-1 vs. non-conference opponents.

The baseball sectional brackets are out. Elder is the #5 seed in Cincinnati and chose the Cincinnati 5 sectional and a first round bye. Elder will face the winner of Anderson vs. Talawanda on Thursday, May 19 at 5:00 PM. On the other side of the sectional is the #7 seed Kings.

If Elder wins their sectional, they'll face the winner of the Dayton 1 sectional which features Dayton's top two teams Vandalia Butler and Centerville.

The baseball sectional brackets are out. Elder is the #5 seed in Cincinnati and chose the Cincinnati 5 sectional and a first round bye. Elder will face the winner of Anderson vs. Talawanda on Thursday, May 19 at 5:00 PM. On the other side of the sectional is the #7 seed Kings.

If Elder wins their sectional, they'll face the winner of the Dayton 1 sectional which features Dayton's top two teams Vandalia Butler and Centerville.
I hate that they already had the drawings. I would understand next Sunday but Elder has 3 games this week and 2 the following week. They’ve played 20 or so games up to this point, so you’re making nearly 1/4 of the season pointless.

Doing the baseball draw about a week and a half before the start of the tournament is pretty similar to basketball. At least in this case, Elder doesn't have any GCLS games remaining because I dislike it in basketball how the final week or two of conference play isn't included in the seeding. I guess coaches want the opportunity to scout their opponent in person and ADs/facilities people probably want plenty of time to prepare to host games.

They "should" win the sectional draw they received. After that who knows? They have been pretty inconsistent this year. I guess it will come up to pitching matchups and if they can get hot? They have the talent and experience to make a nice little run.

If Elder is able to win their sectional and everything in the Dayton 1 sectional goes according to seed, it's reasonable to assume Butler and Centerville will both throw their #1 pitchers when the teams face one another on Tuesday, May 24. In that scenario, Elder would likely face the winning team's #2 pitcher on Thursday, May 26. Elder would probably also go with their #2 pitcher that day as well since historically Coach Thompson starts Elder's #1 pitcher in the first game of a district/regional/state round.

Also, for what it's worth, Elder is the only GCLS team on their side of the regional bracket. The winner of Elder's district will likely face #2 seed Mason in the regional semifinal round.