2022 EBC

Sportsnut1975

Who’s looking forward to the upcoming football season. A lot of changes in the league new coaching changes, and and graduation coming up! Who will be the big players for this season? What teams will be on the top this year?

Who’s looking forward to the upcoming football season. A lot of changes in the league new coaching changes, and and graduation coming up! Who will be the big players for this season? What teams will be on the top this year?
I know the West Branch qb is back as is the Carrollton running back.

Is the WB o-line really good like last year? It’s truly amazing and fun watching the kids grow into what they are today!
Carrolltons o-line should be pretty good. Curious whom they will have at QB. They will have a RB2 this year to help with the load.

WB should be solid, lose some big time weapons tho. I would imagine alliance will be better as well. Salem will be tough as well with the Johnson kid back

Now that they will have 5, how are the OOC schedules looking for the EBC schools? Any wow games? Still like to see mores head to head competition with the NE8 teams.

Now that they will have 5, how are the OOC schedules looking for the EBC schools? Any wow games? Still like to see mores head to head competition with the NE8 teams.
Looking for like this league will be done sooner then later. Sad it was starting to be very competitive

Looking for like this league will be done sooner then later. Sad it was starting to be very competitive
6 team leagues can work out just as good as an eight team league. I kinda like the 5 OOC set up. The Federal league would be better with just 6 teams.

6 team leagues can work out just as good as an eight team league. I kinda like the 5 OOC set up. The Federal league would be better with just 6 teams.
The federal league is perfectly fine the way it is. Having more teams in a league creates more rivalries and better gates. Having 6 teams in a league can work, but I don’t think the EBC will be around much longer.

There are going to be some really good players in the league this year. The top players in no particular order are:

1) Deshields from West Branch
2) Zurburgg (sp?) from Alliance
3) Kaiden Davis from Alliance
4) Johnson from Salem
5) RB from Carrollton. Can’t remember the name.

All of these guys will give their team a chance to win on any given night

I think honestly you can look at this in 2 ways.

The Haves
-West Branch (Return a good amount back. Could they repeat?)
-Salem (Johnson and some starters are back)
-Carrollton (Have become the Perry of the EBC with their power run offense. tough out for anyone)
-Alliance (Return a great amount of skill, can they block and win the LOS?)

The have nots
- Marlington (Normally I would be defending them. But I honestly don’t see much from the Dukes. Mauro bounces after one or two years tops)
-Minerva (I’d like for them to win a few Non League games. Let’s see how Speakman does year one. They have kids coming in younger grades)

Minerva might be alright. Heard they hired Bob Altenhof as their defensive coordinator.

Minerva is facing the challenge of the current players wanting to stick to their other sports and not come play in the fall.

Minerva might be alright. Heard they hired Bob Altenhof as their defensive coordinator.

Minerva is facing the challenge of the current players wanting to stick to their other sports and not come play in the fall.
I always hated that. Playing more sports helps a ton, most professional athletes will tell you that. The issue is coaches from different sports try and turn kids against other sports at times because they “don’t want them to get hurt” but it’s only hurting them in the long run by not playing

There are going to be some really good players in the league this year. The top players in no particular order are:

1) Deshields from West Branch
2) Zurburgg (sp?) from Alliance
3) Kaiden Davis from Alliance
4) Johnson from Salem
5) RB from Carrollton. Can’t remember the name.

All of these guys will give their team a chance to win on any given night
Hopefully some of these guys get looks from colleges this season. Zurbrugg is the only one with any real offers and he was arguably the fourth most productive QB in the league last year

I think the issue with the other QBs is their size
The size narrative is fading faster than ever, I think it's more the stigma around how the kids play. I could see a recruiter thinking it would be hard for Deshields or Snyder to have the same success with their legs at the next level and both of those guys rely on that more than Zurbrugg does

The size narrative is fading faster than ever, I think it's more the stigma around how the kids play. I could see a recruiter thinking it would be hard for Deshields or Snyder to have the same success with their legs at the next level and both of those guys rely on that more than Zurbrugg does
Size is still important. Watch a college game on Saturday and tell me how many QBs there are under 6’1 or 6’2. I would say a QB that is able to also use their legs is more important than ever. I think Snyder, along with Johnson, are great high school QBs. Unfortunately, they are undersized to be a D1 prospect. Deshields does have the size and the athleticism. If I had to bet, I think Deshields will end up with a D1 offer. However, that offer will be to play receiver or corner. Zurburgg has the size and even though he doesn’t run much, he is very fast. Zurburgg I feel like also has the most upside. All are great players that is for sure!

Size is still important. Watch a college game on Saturday and tell me how many QBs there are under 6’1 or 6’2. I would say a QB that is able to also use their legs is more important than ever. I think Snyder, along with Johnson, are great high school QBs. Unfortunately, they are undersized to be a D1 prospect. Deshields does have the size and the athleticism. If I had to bet, I think Deshields will end up with a D1 offer. However, that offer will be to play receiver or corner. Zurburgg has the size and even though he doesn’t run much, he is very fast. Zurburgg I feel like also has the most upside. All are great players that is for sure!
Both starting QBs in the 2022 National Title game were under 6'0 tall.

Both starting QBs in the 2022 National Title game were under 6'0 tall.
That’s true but they arnt even comparable especially Bryce young being the elite of the elite since 8 grade he was holding big time offers. More often then not size can be a determining factor, is it right? No I don’t believe so, but what’s right doesn’t always translate to what it is. More often then not I think mark porter has stated it many times if you don’t have a D1 offer going into your senior year youre 99.9 percent not going to get one

My brothers youngest kid plays for Minerva. He said that despite the winless (or almost winless) past few seasons, he really thinks that it feels a little different this year