2022 EBC Baseball thread

It is pretty ridiculous that a D1 top 5 school in the nation commit did not even get honorable mention considerations. On a different not anyone know of any Carrollton players on the all league teams? We're seemingly the only team in the conference without anything posted online about it
I mean, you shouldn't get accolades just because of where you are committed... I'm not saying that I don't think he deserved a spot, because I do.
But nothing about being committed to VT should even matter. There is a certain youngster pitching for Hoban that is committed to Vanderbilt but gets lit up fairly consistently and seems to never have a dominant outing. Should he get postseason recognition "because he's committed to Vanderbilt?" I think not.

I mean, you shouldn't get accolades just because of where you are committed... I'm not saying that I don't think he deserved a spot, because I do.
But nothing about being committed to VT should even matter. There is a certain youngster pitching for Hoban that is committed to Vanderbilt but gets lit up fairly consistently and seems to never have a dominant outing. Should he get postseason recognition "because he's committed to Vanderbilt?" I think not.
You are right, you shouldn't get accolades just because of previous accolades or commitments. And with how those two programs have performed this year, being committed to Vandy isn't as impressive as VT lol.. Either way, these two young studs are committed to these top schools for a reason. They're REALLY good. I can understand that an upperclassmen that is near the top of his abilities that is not committed to play collegiately could have the equivalent performance to a younger player that is committed to a D1 school due to their unfathomably high ceiling. But you mean to tell me that there were 20 guys better than Rhodes this year? Yeah, no. The bashing that Salem has received in the league voting was blatant and the coaches behind the such should be ashamed of themselves. Whether they don't like they players, the coaches, etc. Salem has easily 4 or 5 guys that are worthy of being first or second teamers at the least. I won't disclose of any names out of respect, but just from watching games against Marlington and a few other conference H2H games, there were some noticeable all-league nominees that were undeserving.
Nonetheless, this has to fuel a fire under Salem heading into the post season. And not only that, the coaches that were most likely the reasoning for this blasphemous voting have to feel a bit of guilt - hence their karma, losing early in the postseason.

I agree, but Rhodes had a good year. ERA right around 1 and batting avg. above .400. from what I have read. I think that is good enough.

Guys, I said I agree he should have been recognized. Lol.
But yeah, commitments/offers or wherever you may be going after high school should have absolutely ZERO to do with it.
Should be in-season numbers only and, again, I agree that his should have earned him a spot.

100% agree. My boy is on the team and I am not a coach. He is one of few.
Good luck to you and your boy! Hope he does well! I had to watch Ricky mismanage his teams for 3 years while my boy played for him. I hear Marlington and Salem have nice programs...just sayin'.

Good luck to you and your boy! Hope he does well! I had to watch Ricky mismanage his teams for 3 years while my boy played for him. I hear Marlington and Salem have nice programs...just sayin'.
I am considering taking my kid over there, seriously. If he would want to of course.

100% agree. My boy is on the team and I am not a coach. He is one of few.
I know WB fans were not happy with the coaches when Minerva beat them game 1. As an outsider It looked like WB had a nice year and kept improving?? Also, I think coaches kids are usually pretty good players too. So it looked like the coaches did a pretty good job with a fairly young team. What I don’t know is if they lost players from the program because of poor leadership? WB was awfully young this year.

Made it out to watch the Dukes take on the Leopards tonight while getting a chance to see some old friends. Louisville played a solid game. I give credit to their pitcher, he battled all night. The defense was also solid the entire game. That bomb the cleanup hitter hit was also a no doubter in the first. The Dukes have a nice shortstop and I know the Skelding kid is a nice pitcher. I like the pitcher who pitched tonight. Outside of that though, in my opinion that’s all the Dukes really had. I read somewhere on Yappi that the second basemen is going to Bowling Green?? At the game a friend of mine told me that he is batting like 260 on the year?? Can anyone confirm this?

Made it out to watch the Dukes take on the Leopards tonight while getting a chance to see some old friends. Louisville played a solid game. I give credit to their pitcher, he battled all night. The defense was also solid the entire game. That bomb the cleanup hitter hit was also a no doubter in the first. The Dukes have a nice shortstop and I know the Skelding kid is a nice pitcher. I like the pitcher who pitched tonight. Outside of that though, in my opinion that’s all the Dukes really had. I read somewhere on Yappi that the second basemen is going to Bowling Green?? At the game a friend of mine told me that he is batting like 260 on the year?? Can anyone confirm this?
Averages are deceiving in high school baseball- a one week slump can drop you 100 points- I heard he is committed to BG and I saw him pound one over the bullpen in Minerva last year to win the game- as a sophomore. He is a very good all around player from what I saw in limited action

Wow Louisville still runs the EBC and they aren’t even in it
It is a shame they aren’t still in the league. 2 great games against Salem and Marlington in the tournament, would have been a even a more entertaining league with the addition of Louisville.

Outside of wrestling this year Louisville would have been middle of the pack in basically every sport
You do know they just won district championships in basketball and baseball right? Alliance and Marlington beat them in basketball this year, but if Louisville was in the league they would have either of won it or been right behind Alliance. Football was down, but that is a different animal. Playing Fed teams is going to beat you up. Maybe the EBC should bring Lousiville back in???

You do know they just won district championships in basketball and baseball right? Alliance and Marlington beat them in basketball this year, but if Louisville was in the league they would have either of won it or been right behind Alliance. Football was down, but that is a different animal. Playing Fed teams is going to beat you up. Maybe the EBC should bring Lousiville back in???
the EBC is searching for a school or 2, probably a D3 or D4 in football, D2 in the rest of the sports. Hopefully a school that is close. Louisville is the obvious choice but a lot of administrators will have to be willing to look like fools and that won't happen.!! I don't that to get this topic started on this thread. Good luck to Louisville in the tournament, I hope they make a deep run.

It’s not that Marlington lost to a bad team. They had a impressive season with both teams having nice players and it was a fun game to watch. The pitcher from Louisville is actually pretty good, he was a second team All District Pitcher last year that was 7-2 with an ERA of around 1.6 and is like 5-2 this year and being around 1.8. Talking to his dad, who is a very nice guy and was a heck of a multi-sport athlete himself, it’s just been one of those years where his son has been dealing with nagging injuries all year. The Odey kid threw a nice game also. Best of luck to all the kids.

It’s not that Marlington lost to a bad team. They had a impressive season with both teams having nice players and it was a fun game to watch. The pitcher from Louisville is actually pretty good, he was a second team All District Pitcher last year that was 7-2 with an ERA of around 1.6 and is like 5-2 this year and being around 1.8. Talking to his dad, who is a very nice guy and was a heck of a multi-sport athlete himself, it’s just been one of those years where his son has been dealing with nagging injuries all year. The Odey kid threw a nice game also. Best of luck to all the kids.
I watched both teams and both are very good teams, along with Salem. I thought both teams may have put up more runs but Odey is the kid nobody really talks about and one of the best in the area. And Morley is obviously really good too to shut down Marlington’s offense

the EBC is searching for a school or 2, probably a D3 or D4 in football, D2 in the rest of the sports. Hopefully a school that is close. Louisville is the obvious choice but a lot of administrators will have to be willing to look like fools and that won't happen.!! I don't that to get this topic started on this thread. Good luck to Louisville in the tournament, I hope they make a deep run.
If Louisville is really a school that would finish 3-5 in most sports in the EBC, then this should be an easy choice.

They would have been 4th in football, 3rd in basketball, 3/4th in track, 3rd in XC. And despite all that, they still won't be back in the league because their administrators and parents burnt that bridge

They would have been 4th in football, 3rd in basketball, 3/4th in track, 3rd in XC. And despite all that, they still won't be back in the league because their administrators and parents burnt that bridge
Louisville would have been at worst 2nd in track. They competed with the 2nd and 3rd place EBC track teams (Alliance and Marlington) in the Stark County Championships and scored more than both of them combined.
Louisville would have been 2nd in XC. They beat #2 Minerva in the Stark County Cross Country Championships.

They would have either have won it or came in 2nd in basketball, won it or came in 2nd in baseball, wrestling would have definitely won it, cross country and track would have been toward the top.

Football is hard to compare right now because of the level of competition they are having to play week in and week out. One could say well they only beat Alliance by 1 point. Well that was week 9 and Lousiville was really banged up by the end of the year. If Louisville was put back in the EBC it would be just like it was before.

Football is hard to compare right now because of the level of competition they are having to play week in and week out. One could say well they only beat Alliance by 1 point. Well that was week 9 and Lousiville was really banged up by the end of the year.

I think this may be a decent point. If that is true, the first 3 weeks are probably more indicative. There was week 1, where Louisville was decisively beaten (26-7) by a good Barberton team, followed by two close losses to Poland and Wooster.

They would have either have won it or came in 2nd in basketball, won it or came in 2nd in baseball, wrestling would have definitely won it, cross country and track would have been toward the top.

Football is hard to compare right now because of the level of competition they are having to play week in and week out. One could say well they only beat Alliance by 1 point. Well that was week 9 and Lousiville was really banged up by the end of the year. If Louisville was put back in the EBC it would be just like it was before.
Louisville built very good programs while in the NBC. They are a bit down in football with the coaching turnover in the last few years. I don’t think they would have beaten West Branch in football the last 2 years and would have had good games and Salem, Carrollton and Alliance. School size, location and some natural rivalries make then a perfect fit for the EBC/NBC. I may be the minority but I think it was dumb for them to get the boot.

Louisville built very good programs while in the NBC. They are a bit down in football with the coaching turnover in the last few years. I don’t think they would have beaten West Branch in football the last 2 years and would have had good games and Salem, Carrollton and Alliance. School size, location and some natural rivalries make then a perfect fit for the EBC/NBC. I may be the minority but I think it was dumb for them to get the boot.

I am a Louisville alum, but they are now my secondary rooting interest, and I've moved away to suburban Columbus. That all said, I think it was dumb for them to get the boot. Did they have the best athletic department in the NBC, as it was constituted at the time? Undoubtedly. That said, there was plenty of competition in the NBC (especially with Alliance and Marlington), and the football program was riding a crest that was going to subside anyhow. People can complain about Louisville parents and admin burning bridges (and I wasn't there, so maybe there was an overreaction on their part), but let's be honest here, the other schools in the league had a hand in this by locking them out of the NBC (EBC).