2022 EBC Baseball thread

Minerva has some kids that played a lot of high quality baseball over the summers. They do have have 5 quality senior baseball players and a couple of pretty good juniors. They do not have a lot of depth but teams cannot just throw their gloves on the field and expect to win. I am not saying the Lions will compete for a league title but the EBC is more balanced this year. I think WB got the lead early yesterday and relaxed a bit and Minerva hit the ball very well. I have a feellng WB will come to play today..
I sure hope you're right. WB needs to get this split. But I also agree, like I have said earlier on this thread, NO GAME IS A GIMME. Minerva can upset some people. I have a feeling they have a chance to split a lot of league series. Their ace and his brother are pretty good. But on the same foot, some of the errors will start to add up and burn them one of these games.

Most of those errors were on very softly hit ground balls with rushed throws that may have been infield hits anyways so the 6 errors is deceiving. and the runners did not advance on those errors, they really didn't hurt other than adding to our Ace's pitch count. I really think there were more like 2 or 3 errors and those were on pick off attempts. Minerva played fairly well in the field but they do need to improve and make some plays on those slow rollers. Also the 1st 5 Minerva hitters hit the ball extremely well. there were no cheap hits and they really looked good at the plate. There were a lot of line drives all over the field.

But I will say that WB they did not look like a typical WB team. They may be a little down this year. WB fans said that their ACE is pitching today so it willl be a different game.
Makes more sense, West Branch is not a good team this year like they normally are. But, if WB #2 arm is getting hit all over the yard by Minerva, then they might not win an EBC game all year. Their #1 is supposedly a sophomore, I don't remember him pitching too much last year...

Makes more sense, West Branch is not a good team this year like they normally are. But, if WB #2 arm is getting hit all over the yard by Minerva, then they might not win an EBC game all year. Their #1 is supposedly a sophomore, I don't remember him pitching too much last year...
Never count any team out this year. Especially WB

I'm going to count out WB first...
Well I just got word that the game is on tonight and will be played on the turf in Minerva again. So tonight will tell us a lot about WB. Minerva used their 1 and 2 yesterday and will be startng their #3 with no varsity experience. this game is set up for WB to win. I think MInerva's 2 can still pitch due to a low pitch count yesterday. I really think this will be interesting. Minerva needs to get some wins this week. Next week they have New Philadeliphia and 2 against Louisville.

Well I just got word that the game is on tonight and will be played on the turf in Minerva again. So tonight will tell us a lot about WB. Minerva used their 1 and 2 yesterday and will be startng their #3 with no varsity experience. this game is set up for WB to win. I think MInerva's 2 can still pitch due to a low pitch count yesterday. I really think this will be interesting. Minerva needs to get some wins this week. Next week they have New Philadeliphia and 2 against Louisville.
That game is still on, and I know for a fact Salem @ Canton South is on... I think Alliance and Marlington also have games. PLAY BALL!!

you see what Canton South did to Salem's #1 today?
I am about positive that is not Salem's #1... I was at the game, Salem hit the ball on the screws all day just couldn't find a hole. Sure, the pitching could have been better but the umpires didn't help them either. Salem is still the Salem team I remember, they will be perfectly fine.

I hear the flamethrower VT soph commit pitches for Salem vs Canton South in 2nd game. I hear he is incredible. He committed as a freshman to to VT and throws 92. I watched him as a freshman in 1 game in the finals of region. Can he throw strikes?
He struggled at the beginning of last year but got into a groove in the tournament, should be a fun watch.

a no hitter is a no hitter so props to those kids. St Thomas maybe the worst team in the nation. I hear they asked kids from the football and basketball team to play so they would have a team. I am not shading Alliance but that team should not even be playing freshman ball.
Finally something we can agree on. Hit it on the head. This was almost like a Jv vs Varsity scrimmage for Alliance.

a no hitter is a no hitter so props to those kids. St Thomas maybe the worst team in the nation. I hear they asked kids from the football and basketball team to play so they would have a team. I am not shading Alliance but that team should not even be playing freshman ball.
STA even had enough for a baseball team?? Lol.

I am about positive that is not Salem's #1... I was at the game, Salem hit the ball on the screws all day just couldn't find a hole. Sure, the pitching could have been better but the umpires didn't help them either. Salem is still the Salem team I remember, they will be perfectly fine.
Happens in baseball, from the sounds of it nothing went the Quakers way. Anyone that knows a lick of baseball or sports in general you know sometimes it is just not your day. And even with that being said, I hear they really played pretty solid ball. Hits just did not fall. I am close with one of the dads of a Salem player. I don't like Salem but I still wouldn't count them out. Maybe this will level their heads a little bit.

Happens in baseball, from the sounds of it nothing went the Quakers way. Anyone that knows a lick of baseball or sports in general you know sometimes it is just not your day. And even with that being said, I hear they really played pretty solid ball. Hits just did not fall. I am close with one of the dads of a Salem player. I don't like Salem but I still wouldn't count them out. Maybe this will level their heads a little bit.
When I tell you they couldn't catch a break I mean it. I mean their 1-8 can just flat out hit, balls in play all day, hard hit balls everywhere... Canton South had at least two hits I can think of that shouldn't have been. One in the bottom of the 6th where the kid hit a little blooper in the infield but the first basemen was playing up for a bunt and it barely got over his head. That's the game of baseball. Salem looked was more impressive than Canton South.

no
the league proved early that anyone can win on any given day. I still like Salem to contend at the end.

Agreed, wouldn't be surprised to see the winner end with a loss or two. That's how good the EBC is this year. No free ones this year.
Think you might be forgetting about Marlington I see them going undefeated in the EBC. After watching Salem lose to Canton South that was just the icing on the cake that the dukes are sweeping them along with all the other teams.

Think you might be forgetting about Marlington I see them going undefeated in the EBC. After watching Salem lose to Canton South that was just the icing on the cake that the dukes are sweeping them along with all the other teams.
We've brought up Marlington many times in this thread. We've said them and Salem will be competing for the title. You must be new...

And it is a very long season, it has only just begun.

nobody on this thread is forgetting about Marlington. Most see it as a 2 team race but a more balanced league. Marlington handled Carrolton pretty easily and Salem bounced back and shutout South in 5 innings. The Marlington - Salem match up will be fun to watch. Especially if there is a Kentucky commit vs Virginia Tech commit machup..

No hiding that you're a little biased. I wouldn't count any team out this year. Don't get too big headed over there in Marlington.

nobody on this thread is forgetting about Marlington. Most see it as a 2 team race but a more balanced league. Marlington handled Carrolton pretty easily and Salem bounced back and shutout South in 5 innings. The Marlington - Salem match up will be fun to watch. Especially if there is a Kentucky commit vs Virginia Tech commit machup..
I would like to think neither pitcher would shy away from that opportunity. Hopefully the cards fall right for it to happen.

Alliance does't seem to be messing around this year. I think I have them sweeping South next week. But it could easily go the other way. Going to be two good games.

Can you give it a rest? We get that you like West Branch and think they're good despite all the information suggesting the opposite. Let a few more games get played and then if your Warriors are top half of the league we can reassess
Listen, I don't think they are having their normal year where they are above average. But I do think they shouldn't be a team that should be overlooked. They won an EBC game 10-0, that shouldn't be ignored. I think they are middle of the pack in the league. Am I wrong?

I didn't even see the nickname... might be a little bias! Lol.