2022 EBC Baseball thread

I was at the Salem game last night, my boy and his buddy wanted to go so I said I'd take them. Salem started off slow, had quality at bats but couldn't string anything together. Salem's pitcher looked impressive. Sometimes lost control a little bit and gave some free passes. I think he will settle down with more experience and as the season goes on. On the other note, Canton South's pitcher threw a pretty solid 4 1/3 innings. Their defense was good through 4 innings then they started kicking the ball around a little bit. That opened doors for Salem and the executed on those chances. Salem looked better then I thought and South is no slouch either. I was telling my son's friend on the way home, he is a pitcher for WB, to just be careful pitching to Salem. They have a very deep lineup, and for South it looks like their lineup is very top heavy and they like to try and get bunts down to stress the defense and turn it back over to the top. Going to have to field his position well and throw strikes against South. I am so excited the season is finally underway!

I was at the Salem game last night, my boy and his buddy wanted to go so I said I'd take them. Salem started off slow, had quality at bats but couldn't string anything together. Salem's pitcher looked impressive. Sometimes lost control a little bit and gave some free passes. I think he will settle down with more experience and as the season goes on. On the other note, Canton South's pitcher threw a pretty solid 4 1/3 innings. Their defense was good through 4 innings then they started kicking the ball around a little bit. That opened doors for Salem and the executed on those chances. Salem looked better then I thought and South is no slouch either. I was telling my son's friend on the way home, he is a pitcher for WB, to just be careful pitching to Salem. They have a very deep lineup, and for South it looks like their lineup is very top heavy and they like to try and get bunts down to stress the defense and turn it back over to the top. Going to have to field his position well and throw strikes against South. I am so excited the season is finally underway!
Hit the nail on the head. I was also there. Quakers looked good in both games vs the Wildcats, things just didn't go their way game 1. Once they found the holes in the defense they looked great. They have a great amount of intensity and I love to see that. They are always talking in the dugout and they always find a way. The Quakers have impressed me so far. I thought they might have a down year.

On the other hand, my Alma Mater, Alliance, looks great too. I have been watching their games through GameChanger, etc. I try to only attend EBC games because I think they are most exciting. But, by the things I have seen, Alliance is no slouch either. Should be a great year for the EBC.

Hit the nail on the head. I was also there. Quakers looked good in both games vs the Wildcats, things just didn't go their way game 1. Once they found the holes in the defense they looked great. They have a great amount of intensity and I love to see that. They are always talking in the dugout and they always find a way. The Quakers have impressed me so far. I thought they might have a down year.

On the other hand, my Alma Mater, Alliance, looks great too. I have been watching their games through GameChanger, etc. I try to only attend EBC games because I think they are most exciting. But, by the things I have seen, Alliance is no slouch either. Should be a great year for the EBC.
That is good to hear. I have not seen or heard much on Alliance other then just scores and what not. I think the more competitive the league is and more teams that can possibly compete, the better. Right now the only bad thing is that the top 4 teams are far ahead the bottom 3 teams.

That is good to hear. I have not seen or heard much on Alliance other then just scores and what not. I think the more competitive the league is and more teams that can possibly compete, the better. Right now the only bad thing is that the top 4 teams are far ahead the bottom 3 teams.
Alliance hasn't played the best teams, but they get the job done, no messing around.

Marlington looked really good but they played Carrollton which they looked like a decent jv team not a varsity team. so that could be deceiving. Talked to an old guy there because Carrollton had some really good youth teams a few years ago and it just didn’t seem like the same group. They said the coaches have ran most the good athletes away from the program. Explains why they didn’t look so good.

Marlington looked really good but they played Carrollton which they looked like a decent jv team not a varsity team. so that could be deceiving. Talked to an old guy there because Carrollton had some really good youth teams a few years ago and it just didn’t seem like the same group. They said the coaches have ran most the good athletes away from the program. Explains why they didn’t look so good.
I have a feeling the Dukes can make a lot teams look like JV teams, Carrollton beat New Philadelphia 3-1 in Saturday so they must be decent.

There's only three kids not playing that I'm aware of from the travel teams the last three seasons, one junior and two sophomores and I'd say none of them were game changers when they quit. I think this year we're a pretty solid team but probably not deep enough to compete with the top teams in the area. Still should be a fun season

The classic coach excuse, my least favorite in the book. Dads think coaches don't want to win.

Alliance did not play against Lake Friday due to weather. Caught Marlington against Woodridge Saturday morning. 10-0 in 6 innings. Dukes can put the bat on the ball and have a great infield
The infield Marlington has is legit. Top of the lineup can hit the ball that is one thing that is for certain.

There's only three kids not playing that I'm aware of from the travel teams the last three seasons, one junior and two sophomores and I'd say none of them were game changers when they quit. I think this year we're a pretty solid team but probably not deep enough to compete with the top teams in the area. Still should be a fun season
And that is all sports are about, have fun and make memories!

I'm not certain.
I think you're correct. I am not sure if he is better then Salem or Alliance's second arm. Skelding vs Rhodes will be the game of the year if the coaches allow them to throw against each other. I would love to see ace vs ace but sometimes the top arm only throws home games and the second arm gets the away games. At least that is how WB is.

I think you're correct. I am not sure if he is better then Salem or Alliance's second arm. Skelding vs Rhodes will be the game of the year if the coaches allow them to throw against each other. I would love to see ace vs ace but sometimes the top arm only throws home games and the second arm gets the away games. At least that is how WB is.
That would be a great one to see. Odey threw Marlington's home game last week. So maybe we will see Kentucky commit vs. the Tech commit. Would be awesome!

That would be a great one to see. Odey threw Marlington's home game last week. So maybe we will see Kentucky commit vs. the Tech commit. Would be awesome!
Sweet heavens, I'd love to see that. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make that because my boy will play tomorrow. Will never miss one of my sons games. Someone make sure the give an update on Weds.

Sweet heavens, I'd love to see that. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make that because my boy will play tomorrow. Will never miss one of my sons games. Someone make sure the give an update on Weds.
I know the Rhodes kid throws at home, so, that Marlington @ Salem is Wednesday.

I agree. Carrollton has a solid team. They got swept by an excellent Marlington team and will struggle with Salem, just like everyone else. They just beat New Philadelphia and they are usually decent. They can win some league games this year. Minerva and Carrollton are the in Eastern District and the rugged EBC will help them in the tournament.