2022 EBC Baseball thread

Louisville would have been at worst 2nd in track. They competed with the 2nd and 3rd place EBC track teams (Alliance and Marlington) in the Stark County Championships and scored more than both of them combined.
Louisville would have been 2nd in XC. They beat #2 Minerva in the Stark County Cross Country Championships.
I'm taking both boys and girls sports into consideration with this. In XC boys they're behind Marlington and in girls behind Minerva and Salem and about level with Marlington so 2.5/3rd overall. In boys track they're behind Salem and in girls behind Salem, Alliance, Minerva, and Marlington so 3.5/4th there. In baseball top 2, in softball 4th, in Boys basketball 3rd, in girls 3/4th..... This isn't the Louisville of 10 years ago, the shine has come off completely and they're performing just like a typical school of their size does. There's absolutely no question they are a perfect fit for the EBC now but because of how parents and admins handled the top years of their programs and the years following their exile there's next to no chance they'll be brought back because nobody wants to help them out of the hole they've dug for themselves

Last edited:
I'm taking both boys and girls sports into consideration with this. In XC boys they're behind Marlington and in girls behind Minerva and Salem and about level with Marlington so 2.5/3rd overall. In boys track they're behind Salem and in girls behind Salem, Alliance, Minerva, and Marlington so 3.5/4th there. In baseball top 2, in softball 4th, in Boys basketball 3rd, in girls 3/4th..... This isn't the Louisville of 10 years ago, the shine has come off Compton and they're performing just like a typical school of their size does. There's absolutely no question they are a perfect fit for the EBC now but because of how parents and admins handled the top years of their programs and the years following their exile there's next to no chance they'll be brought back because nobody wants to help them out of the hole they've dug for themselves
This isn’t the Louisville of 10 years ago because they are playing much better teams. It’s really that simple.

So I'll split the difference between ShootNation (on the low side) and Pressem2019 (on the high side) and come up with Louisville as 2/3 in most sports the EBC as currently constituted, with an occasional 1st or 4th. How did Louisville stack up vs. EBC in performance during the post-season tournaments... basketball (g/b), baseball, softball, etc.?

Last edited:
So I'll split the difference between ShootNation (on the low side) and Pressem2019 (on the high side) and come up with Louisville as 2/3 in most sports the EBC as currently constituted, with an occasional 1st or 4th. How did Louisville stack up vs. EBC in performance during the post-season tournaments... basketball (g/b), baseball, softball, etc.?
So I figured I would do a little of my own research, mostly making use of the Louisville website. Clearly the girls' teams struggled in the tournaments, and weren't competitive in D1 during the post-season. On the boys' side, though, outside of football, it looks like Louisville did just fine... actually better than fine. I saw that Marlington took the D2 boys XC championship. Congrats to them.

Boys:
Football - D3 didn't make playoffs
B Soccer - D2 lost in District Final
B XC - D1 4th at State
B Basketball - D2 lost in Regional Final (Top 8 in State)
Wrestling - D2 3rd at State
B T&F - D1 14th at Regionals
Baseball - D2 District Champions (TBD)

Girls:
G Soccer - D1 lost in 2nd Round
G XC - D1 didn't make it out of Districts
G VB - D1 lost in 1st Round
G Basketball - D1 lost in 1st Round
G T&F - D1 32nd at Regionals
Softball - D1 lost in District Semis

Last edited:
So I figured I would do a little of my own research, mostly making use of the Louisville website. Clearly the girls' teams struggled in the tournaments, and weren't competitive in D1 during the post-season. On the boys' side, though, outside of football, it looks like Louisville did just fine... actually better than fine. I saw that Marlington took the D2 boys XC championship. Congrats to them.

Boys:
Football - D3 didn't make playoffs
B Soccer - D2 lost in District Final
B XC - D1 4th at State
B Basketball - D2 lost in Regional Final (Top 8 in State)
Wrestling - D2 3rd at State
B T&F - D1 14th at Regionals
Baseball - D2 District Champions (TBD)

Girls:
G Soccer - D1 lost in 2nd Round
G XC - D1 didn't make it out of Districts
G VB - D1 lost in 1st Round
G Basketball - D1 lost in 1st Round
G T&F - D1 32nd at Regionals
Softball - D1 lost in District Semis
The biggest fall off has been girl's sports, in the past that was the reason given when you asked why Louisville was booted but Alliance wasn't despite them being very similar in size. The boys teams are producing more than the girls are but nothing spectacular. Obviously wrestling is a power there and seemingly will be for seasons to come but is there anything else they are going to be a dominant force in? Doesn't seem super likely

This isn’t the Louisville of 10 years ago because they are playing much better teams. It’s really that simple.
The best fit for all involved would be for Louisville to be in the the EBC/NBC. Yes they will be at the top 3rd in most sports just like the past, but i really think them being in the conference is the best fit for everyone involved. But I don't think it will happen until the blow up the entire EBC and start from scratch. The group effected but this is the group the nobody talks about, the kids at Louisville. Not being in a conference, not getting a chance to be league champs, not upsetting a team in the league, not having a chance to be all league -that all stinks for the Louisville kids.

The best fit for all involved would be for Louisville to be in the the EBC/NBC. Yes they will be at the top 3rd in most sports just like the past, but i really think them being in the conference is the best fit for everyone involved. But I don't think it will happen until the blow up the entire EBC and start from scratch. The group effected but this is the group the nobody talks about, the kids at Louisville. Not being in a conference, not getting a chance to be league champs, not upsetting a team in the league, not having a chance to be all league -that all stinks for the Louisville kids.
If they do blow up the EBC that will be the end of most of these teams playing each other. Salem and West Branch both have logical places to go, Minerva does as well. That leaves Alliance, Carrollton, and Marlington without a paddle and nowhere to go. Carrollton is so far away from any other schools of similar sizes I can't imagine many conferences jumping to get them added to their schedules, Marlington and their financial uncertainty would make any conference weary to add them as a member, and Alliance would almost certainly be forced to go be a small fish in a big pond or try a run at going independent. It's because of how bad the circumstances could be for half the league if they were to dissolve it that I think that's exactly why it'll stay together for much longer than others seem to think on here

Louisville is still rolling. I would like to see them make it to next weekend.

The ride came to an end yesterday. So, state finishes include a top 8 in D2 baseball, top 8 in D2 boys basketball, 4th place in D1 boys XC, and 3rd place in D2 wrestling. I'd still say that is a pretty good overall year for the Louisville boys.