Whysoserious

My way to early prediction
Salem and Marlington battle it out for the crown
Canton South
West Branch
Carrollton
Minerva
Alliance

Salem has Wilms and Rhodes back on the mound Johnson and exline are their top skill guys
Marlington is loaded with talent probably the best number 1 in the league their main question is number 2 starter and where to play all the skill guys at

the rest will struggle in my opinion
I feel as if Marlington should win the league early prediction as well
Skelding POY
Jones COY

Canton South
West Branch
Carrollton
Minerva
Alliance

Salem has Wilms and Rhodes back on the mound Johnson and exline are their top skill guys
Marlington is loaded with talent probably the best number 1 in the league their main question is number 2 starter and where to play all the skill guys at

Skelding POY
Jones COY
Evanich will be back for Marlington and I heard Bates transferred there from Alliance. Look for Salem and Marlington to battle it out but look out for west Branch, they should have some solid pitchers . I think the league will be solid from top to bottom.

WB lost Cunningham- whos projected to replace him as their number 1 ?
WB will come up wtth someone. They have another DeShields and Alesus and really good pitching coaches. They will have some pitching but i have to think Salem and Marlington are the teams to beat. I really don't think they will be any pushovers this season. Carrollton was young last year and Minerva has some really good pitching coming back with the Lautsenhiezers coming back. I think, like football, the league will be much improved this year.

Evanich will be back for Marlington and I heard Bates transferred there from Alliance. Look for Salem and Marlington to battle it out but look out for west Branch, they should have some solid pitchers . I think the league will be solid from top to bottom.
Marlington is going to be tough. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Canfield a run for their money in the district tournament. I am assuming that Canfield is still the favorite but this Marlington team could have the most skill in school history. My hometown team, West Branch, does have a good pitching rotation with Deshields and Alazaus. The freshman coming in are very very talented. The coaches son is coming up and he's the real deal. I have heard rumblings that he can be a better player then his old man, and he was a 1st team all state selection. The EBC this year solid top to bottom, but Alliance losing Caden Bates, Bowling Green commit, will really take a hit to their team. My top three will be the Dukes, Quakers, and Warriors of West Branch, in that order. But I would also not count out any team in the league.

I just got a glance at Marlington's schedule, I am not too sure what they are thinking. As I said, who is going to pitch when Skelding can't? I see they have Badin and Walsh Jesuit scheduled. Very shocked and not too sure why they are scheduling those teams.

My predictions for records in the EBC

Canton South (11-1). Have a lot of young guys and a great coaching system.
Alliance Aviators (9-3). Have a great player in Ryan Bruni and a great pitching staff.
Marlington (9-3). The dukes have many great players, but who to pitch after Skelding?
Salem Quakers (7-5). I don't think they can make a run like last year without Lane Rhodes.
West Branch Warriors (6-6). Not too sure what they have over there.
Carrollton Warriors (3-9). Again, don't know what they have
Minerva Lions (1-11). It's Minerva, they have nothing coming up for them and they were not good last year.
Salem is still the team to beat in my opinion. They were not a 1 man team last year and have a lot returning from one of the best teams in the state. This could be the most balanced league in years. I heard Bates moved from Alliance to Marlington so I think they will battle for top spot. It should be a fun year!!

Canton South
West Branch
Carrollton
Minerva
Alliance

Skelding POY
Jones COY

No way Alliance finishes dead last. Not saying they are winning the league but they have plenty of pitching and athleticism. The question for the Aviators will be the bats

No way Alliance finishes dead last. Not saying they are winning the league but they have plenty of pitching and athleticism. The question for the Aviators will be the bats
Here is how I see it:
Marlington and Salem will battle for #1, Getting Evanich back and Bates from Alliance may push them over the edge. But I really like what Salem has coming back. This is a toss up but I will go with Salem to repeat.

West Branch
Canton South
Alliance
These 3 teams can finish in any order but I like it like this.

Carrollton
Minerva
I think Carrolloton was young last year and can be good, MInerva has some pretty good pitching and can be in some games but don't have horses to compete for the top 3rd of the league.

I think the league will be fairly balanced in 2022.

I agree. I does seem like Alliance always has talented players but never really contend for the championship.

I don't know what you know or what inside source you have, but from my analysis they have neither pitching or athleticism. They had one pitcher last year and he is now gone. And one other good player and he is also gone. Ryan Bruni is a nice little solid player but he is nowhere in the same galaxy as his brother. With that being said I think Alliance will have a nice time battling for the spot in the cellar.

Here is how I see it:
Marlington and Salem will battle for #1, Getting Evanich back and Bates from Alliance may push them over the edge. But I really like what Salem has coming back. This is a toss up but I will go with Salem to repeat.

West Branch
Canton South
Alliance
These 3 teams can finish in any order but I like it like this.

Carrollton
Minerva
I think Carrolloton was young last year and can be good, MInerva has some pretty good pitching and can be in some games but don't have horses to compete for the top 3rd of the league.

I think the league will be fairly balanced in 2022.
I like this take. Agreed, but don't be surprised to see West Branch as the dark horse of the EBC.

I don't know what you know or what inside source you have, but from my analysis they have neither pitching or athleticism. They had one pitcher last year and he is now gone. And one other good player and he is also gone. Ryan Bruni is a nice little solid player but he is nowhere in the same galaxy as his brother. With that being said I think Alliance will have a nice time battling for the spot in the cellar.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who I am.

Jeff Graffice has been the head coach at Alliance for over 15 years and I believe he has finished under .500 maybe once or twice during that span. He has a good group of assistant coaches who understand the game and care about our kids.

Alliance lost out on their best team in 2020 where they had a great senior class with experience, and throw in Gavin Bruni as a Junior they could have made a run with Bruni and Nathan Heater as their two starting pitchers.

Neither Pitching or Athleticism? They have a handful of good arms like: Young, Bennett, Biggers, Blatt, Bell, and Williams. All of which got plenty of experience since Bruni last year was on a pitch count. Having Bugara and Bell with experience in the Outfield, both of which are athletes that can run.

Losing a good bat and glove in Caden Bates hurts the Aviators, but they have a solid group of kids who played a lot of baseball last year. They also have Ryan Bruni who caught all of last year as a freshman and provides a big bat in the lineup. He might be the most underrated player in the league.

I think they will have a solid Baseball team that will be a tough out for anyone in the league. They lost a handful of games last year 1-0, 2-1 because they struggled to hit the baseball in crucial times.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who I am.

Jeff Graffice has been the head coach at Alliance for over 15 years and I believe he has finished under .500 maybe once or twice during that span. He has a good group of assistant coaches who understand the game and care about our kids.

Alliance lost out on their best team in 2020 where they had a great senior class with experience, and throw in Gavin Bruni as a Junior they could have made a run with Bruni and Nathan Heater as their two starting pitchers.

Neither Pitching or Athleticism? They have a handful of good arms like: Young, Bennett, Biggers, Blatt, Bell, and Williams. All of which got plenty of experience since Bruni last year was on a pitch count. Having Bugara and Bell with experience in the Outfield, both of which are athletes that can run.

Losing a good bat and glove in Caden Bates hurts the Aviators, but they have a solid group of kids who played a lot of baseball last year. They also have Ryan Bruni who caught all of last year as a freshman and provides a big bat in the lineup. He might be the most underrated player in the league.

I think they will have a solid Baseball team that will be a tough out for anyone in the league. They lost a handful of games last year 1-0, 2-1 because they struggled to hit the baseball in crucial times.
Whatever you say, but I will only believe it when I see it.

I saw Minerva scrimmage East Canton yesterday, I am pretty sure East Canton won 6-3. Minerva didn't pitch their top kids but their pitching still looked decent. Made some errors late in the game but they may have had some subs in but they really need to clean up the defense. If they can make routiine plays they will be in some league games because they do have quality pitching at the top of the staff. I still see them at the bottom of the league but they can suprise teams.

Any other scrimmages for league teams?

I saw Minerva scrimmage East Canton yesterday, I am pretty sure East Canton won 6-3. Minerva didn't pitch their top kids but their pitching still looked decent. Made some errors late in the game but they may have had some subs in but they really need to clean up the defense. If they can make routiine plays they will be in some league games because they do have quality pitching at the top of the staff. I still see them at the bottom of the league but they can suprise teams.

Any other scrimmages for league teams?
I don't think decent pitching will win too many games this year. I also think the top of the league is very very good and the bottom is not all too good. Big drop off.

I don't think decent pitching will win too many games this year. I also think the top of the league is very very good and the bottom is not all too good. Big drop off.
I agree. It’s a very solid league. Minerva has a couple of pitchers that can keep them in some games but they will struggle in the league. Hoping to keep games close and sneak a few wins in..

You do never know, last year could very well be a fluke.
You could be right, but after watching that team many times last year, I would have to disagree. That team comes to every game ready to play and comes to every opponent knowing they are better. If making the Regional Finals is a fluke to you, I'm not sure what drugs you are taking!