2022 Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Preseason)

1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. Saint Henry
5. McComb
6. Mechanicsburg
7. Lucas
8. Lima Central Catholic
9. New Middletown Springfield
10. Norwalk Saint Paul

Last edited:
1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. Saint Henry
5. McComb
6. Mechanicsburg
7. Lucas
8. Lima Central Catholic
9. New Middletown Springfield
10. Norwalk Saint Paul
Teams who could crack the top 10 (in no particular order):
Fort Loramie, Minster, Jeromesville Hillsdale, Leipsic

Perennially solid teams to watch for:
Hannibal River, Pandora-Gilboa, Convoy Crestview, Danville, Mohawk, Arlington, Gibsonburg, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Waterford

Teams in which I've heard may be down this season:
Shadyside, Berlin Center Western Reserve, Fort Recovery, Delphos St. John's, Edon

Teams that I'm glad moved up to D6 :LOL: :
Marion Local, Trimble, Dalton, Hopewell-Loudon

Last edited:
Teams who could crack the top 10 (in no particular order):
Fort Loramie, Minster, Jeromesville Hillsdale, Leipsic

Perennially solid teams to watch for:
Hannibal River, Pandora-Gilboa, Convoy Crestview, Danville, Mohawk, Arlington, Gibsonburg, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Waterford

Teams in which I've heard may be down this season:
Shadyside, Berlin Center Western Reserve, Fort Recovery, Delphos St. John's, Edon

Teams that I'm glad moved up to D6 :LOL: :
Marion Local, Trimble, Dalton, Hopewell-Loudon
I'm not glad! D7 is wide open this year!

What are the best week 1 game for d7 teams? Anyone?
To name a few...

Norwalk St. Paul @ D5 Huron
D4 Clear Fork @ Lucas
New Middletown Springfield @ D5 South Range
Pandora-Gilboa @ D6 Columbus Grove
McComb @ D4 Galion
D3 Lima Shawnee @ Lima Central Catholic
D5 Liberty Benton @ Leipsic
D3 Marietta @ Hannibal River
Minster @ Fort Loramie
D4 Bath @ New Bremen
St. Henry @ D6 Covington

To name a few...

Norwalk St. Paul @ D5 Huron
D4 Clear Fork @ Lucas
New Middletown Springfield @ D5 South Range
Pandora-Gilboa @ D6 Columbus Grove
McComb @ D4 Galion
D3 Lima Shawnee @ Lima Central Catholic
D5 Liberty Benton @ Leipsic
D3 Marietta @ Hannibal River
Minster @ Fort Loramie
D4 Bath @ New Bremen
St. Henry @ D6 Covington
The last one is going to get really ugly really fast. Covington is WAY WAY down this year. On their league thread, there questioning completing the season.

Thank you! Anyone know how lima central Catholic will be?
Not exactly sure. I'm curious to know as well. We play them again this season. We've developed quite a rivalry with them, splitting a home/home in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, we shocked them at their place 21-14. In 2019, they came to Lucas and won, 14-7. Lucas scored the tying TD with under a minute left, only to have it called back on a penalty. They fumbled the ball away on the very next play.

Preseason
1-New Bremen
2-St Henry
3-Lima CC
4-Warren JFK
5-Delphos St John's
6-Fort Recovery
7-New Middletown Springfield
8-Leipsic
9-Newark Catholic
10-McComb

1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. McComb
5. Lucas
6. New Middletown Springfield
7. Fort Loramie
8. Lima CC
9. St Henry
10. Norwalk St Paul

Went to watch marion local tonight. They started off against fort Loramie and fort Loramie really impressed me on both sides of the ball, made things difficult for the flyers. Marion then played st Mary’s, and they pretty well dominated st Mary’s from the beginning. Flyers looked like once again they will be competing for a state title, while st Mary’s will be a solid team this year.
so your thoughts on the Redskins???

Marched down the field against marion local and scored, but a penalty brought it back. Very physical team all around and impressed and surprised me. Could be a sleeper in d7 if they get some things cleaned up. Eilerman is a legit stud
you are right concerning Eilerman, so was the Fort able to give their QB some time to throw against Marion Local?

D-7

1. New Bremen
2. Newark Cental Catholic
3. Fort Loramie
4. Lucas
5. McComb
6.Warren JFK
7.Norwalk St. Paul
8. Mechanicsburgh
9. St. Henry
10. Lima Central Catholic

Qb had time to make some throws. They’re a solid passing team with some good weapons outside of Eilerman for division 7 team. Couple other guys made some nice plays for them. It was fun seeing Marion’s new look offense without Peyton Otte. I enjoyed watching the flyers. They’re like a well oiled machine year in and year out.
Same offense just no Otte.

Qb had time to make some throws. They’re a solid passing team with some good weapons outside of Eilerman for division 7 team. Couple other guys made some nice plays for them. It was fun seeing Marion’s new look offense without Peyton Otte. I enjoyed watching the flyers. They’re like a well oiled machine year in and year out.
I would be very hesitant to get too much out of a scrimmage against Marion. Marion has "lost" scrimmages and when they meet in the postseason Marion has beaten the other team badly.