2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Browns running back Kareem Hunt, who remains a free agent, has a chance to stay with the Browns next season but it’s still up in the air, per a source.

Hunt is currently a free agent, however, he was hoping for a larger market and an opportunity to get a more prominent role and more money elsewhere based on my understanding of the situation.

Unfortunately for Hunt, the market he was hoping for is yet to form and with several running backs coming off the board early in free agency, it’s leaving a lot of uncertainty around the 27-year-old tailback’s future.

There’s still a good shot that Hunt signs elsewhere and plays for a different organization next season, but a potential return to the Browns remains in the cards, per a source.

Browns running back Kareem Hunt, who remains a free agent, has a chance to stay with the Browns next season but it’s still up in the air, per a source.

Hunt is currently a free agent, however, he was hoping for a larger market and an opportunity to get a more prominent role and more money elsewhere based on my understanding of the situation.

Unfortunately for Hunt, the market he was hoping for is yet to form and with several running backs coming off the board early in free agency, it’s leaving a lot of uncertainty around the 27-year-old tailback’s future.

There’s still a good shot that Hunt signs elsewhere and plays for a different organization next season, but a potential return to the Browns remains in the cards, per a source.

simple fact is that he just wasn't very good last year. I think he still has a lot left in the tank, but his performance last year undoubtedly crushed his value.

Week 1 says hold my beer.

Heck Brian will be the guy at the HOF game with the fire Stefanski sign.
Found picture of this.

Gump Sign.jpg

simple fact is that he just wasn't very good last year. I think he still has a lot left in the tank, but his performance last year undoubtedly crushed his value.

I'm a bit surprised that, to this point, he has not been signed by anyone. Perhaps after the draft, if he isn't re-signed, but I can't imagine that his desirability hasn't gone down quite a bit.

I was puzzled about how they used him last season, and as importantly, WHEN they used him.

Chubb has been the Browns best player for the last 3 years and Hunt is a very talented player as well. Chubb counts for almost $15 mil against the cap this year and $16 mil for 2024. Chubb could be a cap casualty in 2024 as the Browns would save $12 mil with such a move.

Both Chubb & Hunt are 27 years old each with over 1,000 touches in the NFL. I think the Browns would be wise to go with Chubb and a young rb in 2023 that they could prepare to take over in 2024 or 2025. The end for a NFL rb comes quickly - look no further than the most recent example in Ezekiel Elliott.

Cowboys get Brandin Cooks for a 5th this year and a 6th next year. I'd have loved to have seen the Browns make that deal, but they were probably worried about that contract.

The Browns are slowly filling in the cracks,I like FA's signings better than waiting for Draft Picks to bloom.

Josh Dobbs returns to Cleveland on a 1 year deal. A good 3rd string qb whose a good locker room guy & hopefully a good influence on Watson.

I guess being a Nuclear scientist (is that right?) still doesn’t pay as well as wearing a team sweatshirt on the sidelines every Sunday. Josh really likes being on a football team. He still young and is building up a nice nest egg for when his real career starts.

I guess being a Nuclear scientist (is that right?) still doesn’t pay as well as wearing a team sweatshirt on the sidelines every Sunday. Josh really likes being on a football team. He still young and is building up a nice nest egg for when his real career starts.
No kidding. 3rd string NFL QB is the best job in the world. Really nice paycheck, zero stress, and no nasty D-lineman will kill you unless there is a series of unfortunate events.

First look it appears to be a good trade for the Browns: a 2nd (42nd overall) for Moore & 3rd (74th overall).

Now the Browns just need Watson to be a Top 7-10 qb.

From Mary Kay:

The Browns didn’t let A-Walk walk.

They agreed to terms on a one-year deal Wednesday with middle linebacker Anthony Walker Jr., who paid a free agent visit to the Commanders on Tuesday, a league source told cleveland.com.

As Cleveland.com reported Tuesday, the Browns still hoped to re-sign him, but he needed to test the market in part to help set his price.

Now he’s back, and he’ll challenge for the starting middle linebacker job coming off a torn quadriceps