2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

The last few pages of this thread resemble a slap fight between 3 yr. old kids. They're both gonna do their darnedest to get a good shot in, but neither has a prayer of truly hurting the other.
No praying necessary when you're sitting on 4 NFL titles.

Haslams desperate to associate with a winner.

Somebody has not heard of the Columbus Crew. Haslams bought the team, and an MLS Championship followed the next year. I know, its just soccer, but it is a winner.

The Browns in a roof covered stadium???

Attended my first Browns game this past year, I agree with them. The stadium looks older than it is. I remember going to games at the Jake--err, Progressive Field and being impressed by the stadium. Even GABP is pretty nice. First Energy kinda reminds of what Cinergy looked like the final year it was used. Now, a domed stadium, I'm not quite in agreement. Its football in Ohio. Its meant to be played outdoors in this state.

Imagine that, the Browns already regretting the decision that will put the team behind for generations to come. Honestly, I think the Browns would be better off with a cheap Derek Carr contract than Watson's. Heck, the Browns could've held on one more year, traded their first round picks, since they did anyway, and draft a QB that would have Chubb, Njoku, and Cooper to compliment him.

Attended my first Browns game this past year, I agree with them. The stadium looks older than it is. I remember going to games at the Jake--err, Progressive Field and being impressed by the stadium. Even GABP is pretty nice. First Energy kinda reminds of what Cinergy looked like the final year it was used. Now, a domed stadium, I'm not quite in agreement. Its football in Ohio. Its meant to be played outdoors in this state.

The old" Football was meant to be played outdoors" has resulted in a total waste of money and lost business opportunities. A new stadium would have to be domed and used for many more events or don't bother building one. As it stand right now, the outdoor stadium stands unused except for the Browns and a handful of other small events. And it certainly hasn't resulted in a home field advantage. Football has changed from the days of the wing-t and so should the facilities.

Of course an indoor stadium would cost well in excess of one billion dollars, so there's the cost. The Haslams certainly have no sense of timing in advocating for a new stadium and spending about $3.2 billion for a share of the Milwaukee Bucks the same week. They can certainly finance a new facility or, at least, the large majority of it.

Last edited:
Imagine that, the Browns already regretting the decision that will put the team behind for generations to come. Honestly, I think the Browns would be better off with a cheap Derek Carr contract than Watson's. Heck, the Browns could've held on one more year, traded their first round picks, since they did anyway, and draft a QB that would have Chubb, Njoku, and Cooper to compliment him.
I’m not sure it is regret … just smart business … most teams do this with their large contracts … they did him a favor by last years contract structure … now they are asking him to return the favor … just good business.

As it stand right now, the outdoor stadium stands unused except for the Browns and a handful of other small events. And it certainly hasn't resulted in a home field advantage.
Agreed. An offensive lineman false started for the opposing team in the game I was at. Then the scoreboard lit up, proudly displaying that the stadium had generated 5 false starts. The group of guys sitting behind me sarcastically laughed and said to us "You see that? That's us. It gets that loud." So I can see where a dome would influence crowd noise and homefield advantage.

I really hope they go with an enclosed stadium away from the lake. Retractable would be nice, but not a must. It’s about more than just Browns football. It’s about revitalizing the lakefront, downtown and the region.

I really hope they go with an enclosed stadium away from the lake. Retractable would be nice, but not a must. It’s about more than just Browns football. It’s about revitalizing the lakefront, downtown and the region.
Black Oxide property and the container yard. The same place we should have put it before wrecking Municipal Stadium, and kept the team.

Free up the lakefront for housing. Browns football does not warrant lakefront real estate. It is a waste of a primo space on the NFL. Haslam wants Lakeside from 13th to 17th ? F___ you, Jimmy Haslam. You get what we provide or you pay your own way.

Last edited:
Hope the Browns don't take him when he drops to the second round, but it seems like something they would do, given their record of taking defensive tackles:

“I think he loves to play football,” the director continued, “but doesn’t love to work at it.”

“A very unique personality—the guy’s gonna rub some people the wrong way, and he’s not gonna be the cleanest guy in your building,” said another AFC exec. “[The questions about effort] stem from how easy everything comes for him.

“He’s just really gifted and with a motor that doesn’t run that hot, it adds up to a streaky, unpredictable dude.”

Hope the Browns don't take him when he drops to the second round, but it seems like something they would do, given their record of taking defensive tackles:

“I think he loves to play football,” the director continued, “but doesn’t love to work at it.”

“A very unique personality—the guy’s gonna rub some people the wrong way, and he’s not gonna be the cleanest guy in your building,” said another AFC exec. “[The questions about effort] stem from how easy everything comes for him.

“He’s just really gifted and with a motor that doesn’t run that hot, it adds up to a streaky, unpredictable dude.”
Anybody who "doesn't love to work at it" most likely won't be successful as a pro, regardless of their talent and motor.

Anybody who "doesn't love to work at it" most likely won't be successful as a pro, regardless of their talent and motor.
Agreed. But bear in mind it is "the lying season" for NFL front office people. Smoke screen to scare some other teams off?