2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

The Browns seem to play best on offense right in the beginning of the game and just after half time … Stefanski seems to be decent at pick/designing plays when given time to formulate a plan … but not so good at calling plays in the moment … I hope that comes with experience, but not holding my breath.

I hate the way the miss manage scoring opportunities … like right before the half this game … had the ball at/near FG range … but either call plays that take too long to develop or JB holds it too long … either way, gets sacked again to lose the FG opportunity.
It's year 3. When does the experience kick in?

FWIW, I think the Browns got totally jobbed on that ticky-tack OPI on Amari Cooper on the would-be TD catch. Something that minor should never be called.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

They will tank the rest of the season without that incentive. The inability to perform is an indication of lack of player leadership. We have no one who refuses to lose and makes his teammates rise to the occasion. Too many quiet "leaders."

I'm usually the last person to blame the refs, and god knows the Browns still made plenty of mistakes, but...
- The hand fighting on that offensive pass interference call happens 10+ times a game and they call it then?
- On the 55-yard field goal, the illegal procedure call was 100% wrong. The overhead camera view shows Ravens DL making contact before the OL moves. Should have been a 50 yard attempt vs. 60, which allows the kicker to just normally hit the ball instead of trying to drive it low.
- Also, on the blocked FG, the ball was dead and clock should have stopped at 2:04 or so. They let it run to 1:59. Browns would have had the 2-min warning and an extra 45 seconds on last possession.

I'm usually the last person to blame the refs, and god knows the Browns still made plenty of mistakes, but...
- The hand fighting on that offensive pass interference call happens 10+ times a game and they call it then?
- On the 55-yard field goal, the illegal procedure call was 100% wrong. The overhead camera view shows Ravens DL making contact before the OL moves. Should have been a 50 yard attempt vs. 60, which allows the kicker to just normally hit the ball instead of trying to drive it low.
- Also, on the blocked FG, the ball was dead and clock should have stopped at 2:04 or so. They let it run to 1:59. Browns would have had the 2-min warning and an extra 45 seconds on last possession.
I noticed all of the same and agree 100%.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Mindset of an organization is exemplified on the field. Who signed this QB? How many agreed? I'll bet a bunch of players didn't like it. This event will prove catastrophic imo ........I hope I'm wrong.

“The left tight end (Dunn) moved, for sure,” Harbaugh said. “I also felt like they were trying to draw us offsides with a double cadence – what the centers do a lot of the time is they’ll move the ball. I thought he picked the ball up. You can’t pick the ball up; you’re really not allowed to move the ball in a hard fashion to draw someone offsides ... then, they said also that the left tight end moved, so they kind of got themselves on it, and that’s what they called.”

So the Browns special teams are so bad that they draw themselves offsides?

I am listening to Jeff Phelps, and I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that Chubb and Hunt need to be on the field at the same time far more often.

We telegraph so much by personnel packages in this offense. Matchups and deception are everything. I cannot for the life of me understand why we don’t start many more plays with both of them in the backfield, put a wide receiver in motion, split Hunt out, or both.

I don’t know enough about Brissett to assume that he couldn’t handle calling plays at the line of scrimmage. Is that the problem ? Didn’t Stefanski learn anything yet ?

Out:

TE Njoku. Ankle Sprain, 2-5 weeks.
TE Pharaoh Brown, Concussion Protocol.
LB Jacob Phillips, Pectoral, likely for the season.

Nope. Even the former ref on the broadcast said the center is allowed to look up and down, and that was not what they called. They called it on the left side of the OL.
You can’t pick the ball up which he clearly did dumbash

The Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears and Washington Commanders have better records than the Browns.

I guess maybe there's nothing left to discuss then debating the refereeing.

I am listening to Jeff Phelps, and I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that Chubb and Hunt need to be on the field at the same time far more often.

We telegraph so much by personnel packages in this offense. Matchups and deception are everything. I cannot for the life of me understand why we don’t start many more plays with both of them in the backfield, put a wide receiver in motion, split Hunt out, or both.

I don’t know enough about Brissett to assume that he couldn’t handle calling plays at the line of scrimmage. Is that the problem ? Didn’t Stefanski learn anything yet ?
Chubb and Hunt have been on the field together for 9 snaps this season. I'm not an NFL head coach or OC, but don't you think that you'd want to get your best to offensive players on the field together as much as possible?

Chubb and Hunt have been on the field together for 9 snaps this season. I'm not an NFL head coach or OC, but don't you think that you'd want to get your best to offensive players on the field together as much as possible?
Should be ok with one. Imo-- 2 good running backs are a blessing. They work well together when used properly.

You have to have imagination and creativity to draw up plays for that.
Exactly.

I remember a play earlier in the season where they had both of them in for a short yardage situation and they faked a dive and did a quick pitch to Hunt for 8 or 9 yards. It showed imagination and was very successful.
Should be ok with one. Imo-- 2 good running backs are a blessing. They work well together when used properly.
Agreed, and there's no reason they can't be in the field together more than 9 plays out of 469 plays. That's 1.91% of the time.