2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Kimblerley Martin of ESPN.com reported Deshawn Watson quotes these lyrics on his Instagram account: “See, the blogs can’t break me down, see, I’m the voice, I don’t reply. But the rumors y’all done heard, I’ma humbly deny, yeah, yeah.”

A article from Profootball.com brought up the possibility of another year of paid time off for Watson. Could that silent rumble we are heading from Believeland be the chant of Baker, Baker the Touchdown maker!!!!!
To go all vintage huddle style......1th, I am tha voice.....
2rd, those lyrics sound like a very shoddy song. He needs to listen to better music.
3th, Browns will go 4-2 with Baker as QB for the 6 games he is banged, and then end the season at 13-4 after dropping the last game when they sit everyone since they have a bye locked in.

So, just to clarify, they've mortgaged the future of their drafts and their salary cap on Watson.

Here's a link to the New York Times article-

nearly a quarter of a billion dollars, guaranteed, for a sexual deviant.

Just.
Win.
Baby.

Depends on a lot of contract details of course, but if Watson was not truthful up front about all this new info, the Browns may have a way to void his contract and save the money. But the draft picks are gone....

Depends on a lot of contract details of course, but if Watson was not truthful up front about all this new info, the Browns may have a way to void his contract and save the money. But the draft picks are gone....
I could see the Browns trying to recapture the picks not used and begging for some compensatory picks if they could establish the Texans misled the Browns or withheld information, but I think it might well fall on deaf ears with the league. Buyer beware.

Can you assume a meeting where the Browns lay out to Mayfield their situation and that they'll hold him till his contract expires, to force him to play for them?

The league would probably get involved in forcing a trade, even before Mayfield's lawyer would sue them!

This could get really ugly fast, when the Browns realize they have no QB, or viable options to be in position to draft a franchise one!

Did the Texans set the Browns up, knowing that Watson would probably be gone from the league?

Who will Haslam fire for this debacle?!

The Browns do offer refunds for their season tickets. How fast will they go through their waiting list, to resell the returned tickets?!

Last edited:
I have been trying to find the NFL attendance percentages by gender but have not had any luck, I could have sworn I read one time that it was almost 40% women. What I have found was:

Attend more than 5 NFL games a year: 5% of males, 1% of females
Attend about 2 to 5 NFL games a year: 11% of males, 6% of females
Attend about 1 NFL game a year: 12% of males, 7% of females
Attend 0 NFL games a year: 71% of males, 87% of females
*** Source: Statista.com

Other info I have found:
* NFL states women comprise 45% of the NFL fan base
* Female viewership of NFL games grew by 26% from 2009 to 2013
* 53 million women watched the 2015 Super Bowl which had a total viewership of 114 million
* The Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Cowboys & Texans have the biggest female fan base
* Women control or influence 85% of consumer spending
* Women control more than 60% of all personal wealth in the US
* Approximately 40% of US working women now out-earn their husbands
* Overall, almost 22% of Americans play some form of Fantasy Football in 2021 (League or Daily FF)
* 1 in 5 US women play some form of Fantasy Football or about 23 million US women
* In Season Long leagues, men outnumber women 3 to 1 but Daily FF is closer to 2 to 1
* 96% of Daily Fantasy Football is people 44 years old or younger
*** Sources: US bureau of Labor, MassMutual Financial Group, Forbes

At first I had a hard time believing the women's numbers regarding fantasy football but unfortunately I do not know a lot of women under 40. Maybe I was way off on the 40% of NFL attendance being women but make no mistake about it, the NFL is very concerned and aware of how their ruling on the Watson situation will be viewed by women.

The shame as a Browns fan is that if you asked me a year ago to predict what NFL team would catch their **** in their zipper like this, I'd have picked the Browns.

Just finished watching Around the Horn and PTI on ESPN, and all six panelists agreed that Watson will not be playing this year, and possibly even the next. The subject also came up of how the Texans hoodwinked the Browns by furnishing NDAs to the "victims" and not disclosing that to the Browns. The Texans might lose the first round draft picks they bamboozled from the Clowns. I brought his up several pages ago that Baker will be the starting QB and was laughed out of the page. Love him, or hate him, Baker will be the starter.

I could see the Browns trying to recapture the picks not used and begging for some compensatory picks if they could establish the Texans misled the Browns or withheld information, but I think it might well fall on deaf ears with the league. Buyer beware.
They should have negotiated that up front. Evidently they did not.

I have been trying to find the NFL attendance percentages by gender but have not had any luck, I could have sworn I read one time that it was almost 40% women. What I have found was:

Other info I have found:
* 53 million women watched the 2015 Super Bowl which had a total viewership of 114 million
* The Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Cowboys & Texans have the biggest female fan base
* Overall, almost 22% of Americans play some form of Fantasy Football in 2021 (League or Daily FF)
* 1 in 5 US women play some form of Fantasy Football or about 23 million US women
* In Season Long leagues, men outnumber women 3 to 1 but Daily FF is closer to 2 to 1

At first I had a hard time believing the women's numbers regarding fantasy football but unfortunately I do not know a lot of women under 40. Maybe I was way off on the 40% of NFL attendance being women but make no mistake about it, the NFL is very concerned and aware of how their ruling on the Watson situation will be viewed by women.
DeShaun does.

Just finished watching Around the Horn and PTI on ESPN, and all six panelists agreed that Watson will not be playing this year, and possibly even the next. The subject also came up of how the Texans hoodwinked the Browns by furnishing NDAs to the "victims" and not disclosing that to the Browns. The Texans might lose the first round draft picks they bamboozled from the Clowns. I brought his up several pages ago that Baker will be the starting QB and was laughed out of the page. Love him, or hate him, Baker will be the starter.
Things do not look good for Watson … IMO … he will not play this year and lucky if he plays next year … and IMO, Baker is the best option, but I still don’t see it happening … I like Baker and think he is better than what most on here think … I went back and watched the first two games (before he was injured) ,.. he was very sharp … but I still can’t see him coming back to the Browns … I hope I am wrong … with all of this … but this point the best I think they can hope for is to trade Mayfield and then go get Garoppolo.

Joesports - 2 year suspension seems a bit much but I guess Watson could get another year of team paid suspension (exactly what he had last year) and then in 2023 a NFL suspension without pay for X amount of games assuming the now 24 civil cases are resolved.

Just don’t see Baker coming back, he may have looked good in the 2 games he was healthy but the way he handled the adversity and this off season - Baker did not handle it like an adult or the way a pro should such as Matt Ryan or Jimmy G.

As for a Jimmy G trade, how does that happen? Browns are significantly down in draft capital after the Watson trade. Would SF take a 4th rounder for Jimmy G assuming the Browns take on all of his last year $$$$ contract? The Browns cap is good for this year but horrible for the next 3 years.

I for one am not judging him guilty or not guilty. I am however questioning the character of a gut who hires unlicensed women to give him massages on a nearly weekly basis and has them sign NDA's to cover his conduct.

That‘s BS … people are allowed to have opinions based on anything they want to base it on and when ever they want to make … it’s their opinion … they only place you get a presumption of innocence is in an actual court of law … to say people should not form opinions based on what they know at the time is plain stupid … it is done all the time … that is what this board is all about … this place would be pretty boring if we waited until we had all the facts before expressing our opinions.

I for one am not judging him guilty or not guilty. I am however questioning the character of a gut who hires unlicensed women to give him massages on a nearly weekly basis and has them sign NDA's to cover his conduct.
I think the NDA's are fairly routine in pro sports environments; teams will get all sorts of outside service providers going into the locker room / facilities to sign them, so that whatever they hear in there they cannot share.

Of course, the NDA's were never intended to permit Watson's alleged behavior. They are just designed to protect team secrets and the players' privacy, so if one player says to the other "my wife is pregnant" or "we were so drunk at the club last night", the service provider cannot blab about that stuff. It is weird that Watson allegedly was given a big stack of NDAs by the Texans. What normal person needs that?

I think the NDA's are fairly routine in pro sports environments; teams will get all sorts of outside service providers going into the locker room / facilities to sign them, so that whatever they hear in there they cannot share.

Of course, the NDA's were never intended to permit Watson's alleged behavior. They are just designed to protect team secrets and the players' privacy, so if one player says to the other "my wife is pregnant" or "we were so drunk at the club last night", the service provider cannot blab about that stuff. It is weird that Watson allegedly was given a big stack of NDAs by the Texans. What normal person needs that?
Agreed. The Texans actions here seem to have been the result of an "oh $h!+" moment when the Texans realized they had trouble on their hands.

He was given the stack of NDA's after a woman had blasted him on social media and threatened to expose his actions. When team got wind of it they had their Security Director (retired Secret Service), write up a NDA for Watson to protect himself.

But then he sold them off as Protecting the Girls....

He was given the stack of NDA's after a woman had blasted him on social media and threatened to expose his actions. When team got wind of it they had their Security Director (retired Secret Service), write up a NDA for Watson to protect himself.

But then he sold them off as Protecting the Girls....
When all the details are determined, will this turn out to be an attempt to protect him from soliciting and is that what prevented the grand juries from indicting him (do NDA's protect / hide criminal conduct)?!

Before this is over will it turn out that the Texans fleeced the Browns out of draft picks, for a player they knew was going to receive severe sanctions from the NFL?

Will the Browns be bailed out of their negligence, by cancellation of the deal because of the Texans actions?!

I’m sure the Browns will try to recoup something from the deal by claiming the Texans withheld info. The Texans defense will be…at the time of the deal Watson had been cleared of all criminal investigations but it was Public Record he was still a party in 20 plus civil lawsuits involving allegations of sexual misconduct.

In terms of the NDA’s, I believe there will be a legal fight to argue their validity. They’ll argue that the girls didn’t know what they were signing and did so under duress.

I had already cancelled my season tickets when the Browns didn't make some kind of arrangements, with RTA, for the leg from Tower City to the stadium and fans have to walk from there, to games for the next few years, till repairs are made on their train.

What's puzzling or maybe expected, is the New York Times publishes a two-page expose' on this situation and WKYC Sports Director and Browns play by play announcer Jim Donovan is covering this story like the Browns, with Watson starting, are preparing for a playoff run, with this as a side issue. Rather than honestly talking about next year as when the Browns will have Watson full time, if even then, for a Super Bowl run!

Last edited:
I had already cancelled my season tickets when the Browns didn't make some kind of arrangements, with RTA, for the leg from Tower City to the stadium and fans have to walk from there, to games for the next few years, till repairs on made on their train.

What's puzzling or maybe expected, is the New York Times publishes a two-page expose' on this situation and WKYC Sports Director and Browns play by play announcer Jim Donovan are covering this story like the Browns, with Watson starting, are preparing for a playoff run, with this as a side issue. Rather than honestly talking about next year as when the Browns will have Watson full time, if even then, for a Super Bowl run!
Donovan is towing the company line. I wouldn't expect anything different.

Mayfield will never play again for the Browns.

Watson will be the Browns QB at some point this season. It’s up to the NFL as to when. I’m guessing game 10.

All this public crap is just Buzbee trying to up the settlement money.

Other info I have found:

I'm not surprised about women and fantasy football. We've had FF at work for a few years with women participating. Whether it's for the actual sport, or just participating to have an even number of teams, or to go drinking at the draft party at B dubs.

Mayfield will never play again for the Browns.

Watson will be the Browns QB at some point this season. It’s up to the NFL as to when. I’m guessing game 10.

All this public crap is just Buzbee trying to up the settlement money.
More info keeps dropping because reporters are getting the depositions as soon as they’re filed.

Like the investigating detective who testified the evidence lead her to the belief Watson had committed numerous sex crimes

More info keeps dropping because reporters are getting the depositions as soon as they’re filed.

Like the investigating detective who testified the evidence lead her to the belief Watson had committed numerous sex crimes
That’s a big nothing burger. Linked the article in the Debate Forum thread about the Browns and Watson.