2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

This is what you call a no win situation. At best they grab some recycled guy off the heap and trade Baker for a mid rounder this year or a conditional pick in 2023 based off of starts in 2022. LY at this time we were talking SB, this year...
Or you make nice with Baker in the final year of his contract, his “prove it” year.

Then if he has a great year you either extend or franchise him.

This is what you call a no win situation. At best they grab some recycled guy off the heap and trade Baker for a mid rounder this year or a conditional pick in 2023 based off of starts in 2022. LY at this time we were talking SB, this year...
If Wentz was worth a 3 and a conditional 2 you could probably get around that, probably a little more because he's got suitors. Frank Reich would be really lucky to get him.

But then Cleveland would probably sign Matt Ryan because they're morons. They need to force Mayfield to stay.

Hard to believe how ineptly theyve handled this situation. This front office was supposed to be different...they still cant help throwing grenades at their credibility.

Hard to believe how ineptly theyve handled this situation. This front office was supposed to be different...they still cant help throwing grenades at their credibility.
They did seem sharper than this.

I wonder if they did all this under Jimmy's directive?

I don’t know about you but I’d take 2 losses in addition to a divisional title, a Super Bowl appearance and not pissing off the only half decent option at QB.
Which is irrelevant to the topic at hand which is Mayfield being the Browns QB is a positive for Cincy.

They did seem sharper than this.

I wonder if they did all this under Jimmy's directive?
It’s a fair thing to wonder. He’s been the only constant for the last decade. It’s too coincidental the Browns keep doing things like this throughout multiple FO regimes.

This is pure Browns. Piss off the only guy who can you could reasonably expect to start for you this year and now he wants a trade .

The Browns are going to be that husband who tried to leave his wife for the young hottie then after she blows him off comes crawling back to the wife with flowers.

So in 2020 your QB has a great season, wins the first playoff game for the team in a long time.

You talk about contending for a Super Bowl in 2021.

Your QB gets hurt, and is never the same after week 2 of the season.

You lose 2 games because of the BS COVID protocols, and who knows how many more because of the QB's injuries.

Despite all of this, you decide to pursue another QB available for trade, of questionable character, and who may be suspended for up to six games in the upcoming season.

Oh, by the way, this QB will cost you THREE first round picks, and a couple of top line players.

What's wrong with this picture?

Interesting to read this threads comments from today:

* Several Browns fans seem to have a far higher opinion of Baker Mayfield the qb than the rest.
* Browns front office had to know Baker would react this way to them trying to replace/move on from him. I understand wanting to move on but you have to have a Plan A,B,C.
* Baker’s response is not surprising. Yes, I can see where he has every right to be upset that they are looking at other qb’s but his 2021 season speaks for itself.
* Hard to believe the wisest person in this mess is Deshaun Watson - he’s too dumb to realize that trying to mess around with 20+ message therapist is a bad idea but he is smart enough to realize that the Browns organization a dumpster fire and it’s best to stay away.

Trade Baker to the Colts, Panthers, Saints, Seahawks or whomever is interested for probably a 4th or 5th rounder. I think Watson really wants to go home to Atlanta which would make Matt Ryan available. Try to get Ryan on a restructured 3 year deal for $30 mil with only 1/2 guaranteed but don’t give up anything more than a 3rd/4th rounder. If the Cleveland front office really believes their roster is one of the best in the league, Ryan would make the Browns viable for 2022 - he’s way better than the 2021 version of Baker.

Trade Baker to the Colts, Panthers, Saints, Seahawks or whomever is interested for probably a 4th or 5th rounder. I think Watson really wants to go home to Atlanta which would make Matt Ryan available. Try to get Ryan on a restructured 3 year deal for $30 mil with only 1/2 guaranteed but don’t give up anything more than a 3rd/4th rounder. If the Cleveland front office really believes their roster is one of the best in the league, Ryan would make the Browns viable for 2022 - he’s way better than the 2021 version of Baker.
A 4th or 5th rounder? Come on. Steelers bias showing here.

The Browns are doing exactly what they should to get out of this mess. Telling Baker he can play or sit, like Jimmy G last year.

As a Bengals fan it doesn’t get any better than to see the Browns brown and the squealers sign Mitchell Trubisquit ?

I don't think teams are going to knock down the Browns door to get a quarterback coming off of shoulder surgery who just had his worst season. I guess of all of the options left, Ryan is the best but he would have to restructure his contract as his current skill set doesn't justify his pay, and that alternative is wholly dependent upon Watson going to the Falcons.

Last edited:
I don't think teams are going to knock down the Browns door to get a quarterback coming off of shoulder surgery who just had his worst season. I guess of all of the options left, Ryan is the best but he would have to restructure his contract as his current skill set doesn't justify his pay.
Especially since he is owed a lot more this year than the previous few years. I was going to argue a team would be smart to take a risk on him this year and only lose out on maybe a second and a couple mid round picks and then cut him loose if he doesn’t return to 2020 numbers with a healthy 2022. But $19m is a good chunk of change on top of those draft picks if he doesn’t return to 2020 Baker.

Interesting to read this threads comments from today:

* Several Browns fans seem to have a far higher opinion of Baker Mayfield the qb than the rest.
* Browns front office had to know Baker would react this way to them trying to replace/move on from him. I understand wanting to move on but you have to have a Plan A,B,C.
* Baker’s response is not surprising. Yes, I can see where he has every right to be upset that they are looking at other qb’s but his 2021 season speaks for itself.
* Hard to believe the wisest person in this mess is Deshaun Watson - he’s too dumb to realize that trying to mess around with 20+ message therapist is a bad idea but he is smart enough to realize that the Browns organization a dumpster fire and it’s best to stay away.

Matt Ryan ?

did you enjoy the superbowl?

jtk
()
I'm sure it was fun, you'll remember it forever. I envied the Bengals and their fans a lot.

You lost and won't be back there for another 30 years. Your organization stinks. Badly.

And yeah before you say it the Browns will never go to the SB before Cleveland sinks into Lake Erie etc etc etc. You still lose to us every time, strange for such a great team