2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Browns doing more dumb Browns things.

Watson didnt play at all last year and is going to miss more time to start the season. By the time he knocks the rust off the season will be over...another wasted year in the career of Chubb, Garrett, Ward etc.

Baker when healthy has proven he can run this offense. Hes also twice the leader Watson is.

This really has the potential to blow up in their face if they dont land Watson and Baker wants out. Case Keenum, who wasnt even good enough to replace an injured Baker , is going to lead us to the Super Bowl?

And Nick Harris better be a Pro Bowler.

I find it amusing that we've been told over and over that Baker Mayfield is at his best when he is challenged in his skills are questioned, but now there are those who think he will be so butthurt by all of this that he can't be successful with the Browns going forward. You can't have it both ways .

I think the Browns have completely screwed this up. The free agent market and trade market (other than Watson) isn't going to bring you anything better than a healthy Mayfield. The price for Watson, given all of his issues, is too high. As such, the Browns should have ridden out another year with Baker and seen how things went. Instead, they now have a soap opera.

I find it amusing that we've been told over and over that Baker Mayfield is at his best when he is challenged in his skills are questioned, but now there are those who think he will be so butthurt by all of this that he can't be successful with the Browns going forward. You can't have it both ways .

I think the Browns have completely screwed this up. The free agent market and trade market (other than Watson) isn't going to bring you anything better than a healthy Mayfield. The price for Watson, given all of his issues, is too high. As such, the Browns should have ridden out another year with Baker and seen how things went. Instead, they now have a soap opera.
Mike Florio was on the radio today and maintained that the chief problems are:

1. The contract dilemma. If they sign him to a massive contract and regret it due to his inconsistency, then they are screwed.

2. Mayfield is considered a large "pain in the butt," which is tolerable if the player produces, but he has not done so consistently.

Given these factors, it seems that the Browns decided to move on, which they told him over the weekend. Of course, one never knows what will happen in the NFL.

1. The contract dilemma. If they sign him to a massive contract and regret it due to his inconsistency, then they are screwed.

2. Mayfield is considered a large "pain in the butt," which is tolerable if the player produces, but he has not done so consistently.

Given these factors, it seems that the Browns decided to move on. Of course, one never knows what will happen in the NFL.
I had not heard the "pain in the butt" thing. If anything, he should be on his best behavior.

Given these factors, it seems that the Browns decided to move on, which they told him over the weekend. Of course, one never knows what will happen in the NFL.
More of a pain in the butt than a guy with 22 civil suits against him that you gave up 3 number one picks for?

The more times I see Colin Cowherd do a Baker segment the more I am convinced he is deeply in love with him. Strange man.

It simply comes down to this, can Baker at his best, elevate the Browns past KC, Den, LAC, Buf, Cin and Bal? Can he beat equally talented teams such as Ten, NE, Mia, Pit & Ind? It is being reported the Browns organization wants an "adult at qb". Maybe all of the talking heads are doing just that, talking. Maybe it's "Fake News". Maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

Interesting comparison between 3 qb's and their first four years in the NFL:
* Player A: 29-21 won/loss, 64.1% completions, 64-38 TD/Int, 87.0 Passer Rating
* Player B: 29-30, 61.6%, 92-56, 87.8
* Player C: 28-34, 61.3%, 103-44, 87.5

Baker needs a change of scenery, I do not believe his head is in the right place to succeed in Cleveland. A new place with a new outlook, good fortune regarding health and a bit of humble pie might be exactly what is called for. Mayfield definitely has talent and could have a 2nd half career revival similar to a Brad Johnson, Neil O'Donnell, Rich Gannon. Bottom line, there is no way the Browns can give him a contract extension, he simply has not earned one and it appears they are unwilling to let Baker play another year for $18.5 mil so it is time to move on.

The three qb's above: Player A = Mitchell Trubisky, Player B = Baker Mayfield, Player C = Derek Carr

It simply comes down to this, can Baker at his best, elevate the Browns past KC, Den, LAC, Buf, Cin and Bal? Can he beat equally talented teams such as Ten, NE, Mia, Pit & Ind? It is being reported the Browns organization wants an "adult at qb". Maybe all of the talking heads are doing just that, talking. Maybe it's "Fake News". Maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

Interesting comparison between 3 qb's and their first four years in the NFL:
* Player A: 29-21 won/loss, 64.1% completions, 64-38 TD/Int, 87.0 Passer Rating
* Player B: 29-30, 61.6%, 92-56, 87.8
* Player C: 28-34, 61.3%, 103-44, 87.5

Baker needs a change of scenery, I do not believe his head is in the right place to succeed in Cleveland. A new place with a new outlook, good fortune regarding health and a bit of humble pie might be exactly what is called for. Mayfield definitely has talent and could have a 2nd half career revival similar to a Brad Johnson, Neil O'Donnell, Rich Gannon. Bottom line, there is no way the Browns can give him a contract extension, he simply has not earned one and it appears they are unwilling to let Baker play another year for $18.5 mil so it is time to move on.

The three qb's above: Player A = Mitchell Trubisky, Player B = Baker Mayfield, Player C = Derek Carr
Move on to what? That's been the issue from the beginning. There is no realistic upgrade. Baker is better than anyone else you are bringing in.

"Aaron Rodgers! No no Russell Wilson! No Deshaun Watson!" Complete pipe dream to believe any of those scenarios were happening.

You have a guy who when healthy has proven capable of running the offense and been a leader. Now if you unload Baker as reports suggest you are stuck with your best option being some journeyman who has to learn a new offense and navigate the locker room.

But I'm sure Mariota or Garapolo will be our savior.

What a complete clown show...what's Randy Lerner doing these days?

I just have a feeling the Browns will not get Watson, but will trade Mayfield … then sign Mariota … then draft Willis

Mariota will start for a year then give way to Willis

Willis is very raw … but has a lot of talent … with his running threat the Browns running game could really go to the next level

They will end up a lot like Baltimore

I just have a feeling the Browns will not get Watson, but will trade Mayfield … then sign Mariota … then draft Willis

Mariota will start for a year then give way to Willis

Willis is very raw … but has a lot of talent … with his running threat the Browns running game could really go to the next level

They will end up a lot like Baltimore
Good God what a disaster.

Free Chubb and Garrett!

I would guess Cleveland’s preferences are:

1) Watson
2) Proven Vet - Jimmy G (would cost a 2nd rd pick) or sign Mariotta who is a free agent
3) Draft a rookie. I don’t think Willis will be there at 13. Carolina at 6, Atlanta at 8 and Seattle at 9 - one of them will probably take him. Do the Browns like Pickett or the Ole Miss kid?
4) Make up with Baker and hope for the best

Browns added Cooper but have lost/cut their center, Landry, Hooper and Clowney is gone. Bengals improved their oline, Ravens signed a safety and the Steelers have added quite a bit.

1647532856387.png

Reactions: y2h
Now that the Watson pursuit is over, use some of that freed up cap space to go get Allen Robinson and some D-line help.

Outside of all of his issues, did we really want a ****** that doesn't want to play in the cold?

This is what you call a no win situation. At best they grab some recycled guy off the heap and trade Baker for a mid rounder this year or a conditional pick in 2023 based off of starts in 2022. LY at this time we were talking SB, this year...