2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

You Baker fanboys can put whatever spin on it you want. They were going nowhere with him. He sucks. They have a legitimate QB for first time since Bernie Kosar for Christ’s sake and some of you care more about draft picks gtfo It’s win now time and the front office is doing what they can to not waste the roster that they spent the past years building. Glad to see they actually are trying to win a championship.
They obviously think they are there. It worked for the Rams. Only time will tell. My main concern is that this is the Browns. How could it possibly end up good?

That escalated quickly.

What can the Browns reasonably expect for Baker? A 2nd? Players?
There's a few teams that will be in the bidding, so that's a good thing.

I think maybe the Colts and the Seahawks go head to head for him.

Trade him to Houston for a first rounder, LOL

The Browns window with this roster is this season & next. Watson’s cap hit will hurt but losing the three 1st is quality good/great players (hopefully) on team friendly deals for four seasons. This will take its goal on roster depth. The next big question is will Watson get suspended and if so, when and how many games? That could wreck a season right there.

Y2h - Browns will be lucky to get a 3rd, probably a 4th for Baker.

We wont know until we look back and see what players Houston drafts with the Browns' picks. That being said...

I can warm up to the idea of an offense that includes:

QB D. Watson
RB Chubb/Hunt
WR Cooper
TE Njoku

Any other FA's you think come here with him? OBJ come back?

Last edited:
The Browns window with this roster is this season & next. Watson’s cap hit will hurt but losing the three 1st is quality good/great players (hopefully) on team friendly deals for four seasons. This will take its goal on roster depth. The next big question is will Watson get suspended and if so, when and how many games? That could wreck a season right there.

Several teams would like to have Mayfield. The Browns will get better offers.

holy crap Watson to the Browns 5 years, $230m fully guaranteed. Interested to see some of the replies in this thread given what has been said the last few days.

Props to the FO for somehow flipping the script and salvaging this situation.
They’ll all love him ?

We wont know until we look back and see what players Houston drafts with the Browns' picks. That being said...

I can warm up to the idea of an offense that includes:

QB D. Watson
RB Chubb/Hunt
WR Cooper
TE Njoku

Any other FA's you think come here with him? OBJ come back?
Would love to see them sign Cole Beasley

They didnt flip anything other than blowing a hole in the cap...Carolina refused to guarantee the 3rd and 4th year, probably a similar sticking point with Atlanta/NO.

Didnt play last year and is going to miss time this year. Who knows what production you'll get out of him when he can play. Also have no idea how he'll handle the weather. Home games in a dome, in the division Indy has a dome and Jacksonville is warm weather.

And then there is the PR nightmare of his personal conduct. If they win itll be swept under the rug but if they struggle...even worse if Baker succeeds in his landing spot.

This team still has holes...you just blew up the draft for the foreseeable future to plug those holes.
They went from having Case Keenum at QB to Watson. The topic on weather they should have gone after Watson or not is a different discussion. The deserve props for correcting their mistake.

Go get him another receiver. DPJ and Schwartz aren't the answer. I wouldn't be averse to working out a new deal with Jarvis, though that's probably water under the bridge. Julio Jones or Will Fuller on one year prove it deals could work. I would think their hope is that trading Baker helps replenish some of the picks but I guess he could bring a receiver.

Hopefully, the NFL gives Watson some credit for all of the time he's already sat.

I was against this all along, given the asking price that was rumored to be out there for him.

Then I was angry when we were supposedly out of the running, and had painted ourselves into a corner at QB.

Now I have a strange, happy feeling.

1647640574817.jpeg

Go get him another receiver. DPJ and Schwartz aren't the answer. I wouldn't be averse to working out a new deal with Jarvis, though that's probably water under the bridge. Julio Jones or Will Fuller on one year prove it deals could work. I would think their hope is that trading Baker helps replenish some of the picks but I guess he could bring a receiver.

Hopefully, the NFL gives Watson some credit for all of the time he's already sat.
i think people Jones will be alright... the browns still have a 2nd , and two thirds in this years draft, plus hopefully another 2nd round for the trading of Baker. the 3rd that the Browns are giving to Houton is in the 2023 draft

i think people Jones will be alright... the browns still have a 2nd , and two thirds in this years draft, plus hopefully another 2nd round for the trading of Baker. the 3rd that the Browns are giving to Houton is in the 2023 draft

Cleveland is over the CAP; teams know that Mayfield has to be traded or cut, with cut being most likely
What has yet to be determined is the leagues decision on Watson and how it will affect the CAP
His first year is only a $10million hit; but with an average of $46million, the impact on future years is going to be higher

Cleveland CAP is currently $1.6mill over

If you want to know the trade value of Mayfield, that fact that Mayfield was not included in the trade with absolutely no one[Mills and Driskol are no one] at QB for Houston is a clue

Last edited:
Cleveland is over the CAP; teams know that Mayfield has to be traded or cut, with cut being most likely
What has yet to be determined is the leagues decision on Watson and how it will affect the CAP
His first year is only a $10million hit; but with an average of $46million, the impact on future years is going to be higher

Cleveland CAP is currently $1.6mill over

If you want to know the trade value of Mayfield, that fact that Mayfield was not included in the trade with absolutely no one[Mills and Driskol are no one] at QB for Houston is a clue
There’s no real salary cap in the NFL. If a team wants a player badly enough they will figure out a way to get him. And the cap will keep increasing as media deals keep getting done (networks, cable, Apple, Amazon, etc).

There’s no real salary cap in the NFL. If a team wants a player badly enough they will figure out a way to get him. And the cap will keep increasing as media deals keep getting done (networks, cable, Apple, Amazon, etc).
Or let’s say this whole situation with the Browns goes well, they just extend his deal and guarantee it all. Smooth it out.

They didnt flip anything other than blowing a hole in the cap...Carolina refused to guarantee the 3rd and 4th year, probably a similar sticking point with Atlanta/NO.

Didnt play last year and is going to miss time this year. Who knows what production you'll get out of him when he can play. Also have no idea how he'll handle the weather. Home games in a dome, in the division Indy has a dome and Jacksonville is warm weather.

And then there is the PR nightmare of his personal conduct. If they win itll be swept under the rug but if they struggle...even worse if Baker succeeds in his landing spot.

This team still has holes...you just blew up the draft for the foreseeable future to plug those holes.
This is a bigger deal than people are willing to admit right now. A year off and he previously tore his ACL. You've now got basically a one-year window (2023) for the SB unless Goodell is extremely light in his punishment for 2022.

DeShaun Watson is 28-25 in his career with one wild card win.

Good luck Brownies, yer gonna need it.

The window was the next decade...they just threw that out the window.

And as an aside, I never wanna hear one peep out of Dee Haslam, Aditi K, or Mary Kay Cabot about empowering women ever again.
Dude, women are plenty empowered. Check any divorce settlement and/or child custody court settlement for proof. Not to mention almost every he said/she said accusation puts the burden of proof on the man.

Reactions: y2h