2022 Canton McKinley Football Season

I'm kind of nervous about he bulldogs schedule this year..... I'm hearing that Fitch is going to be tough with this QB.
But don't forget we have that competitive balance number in the 70's which translates into about 20 something ish transfers so that should be enough to put McKinley over the hump. (sarcasm added)

FYI - That 70'ish CB number comes from and is reflective of LAST year's team. Not this year's team.
I understand but last years team didn't have 20ish transfers either in fact you can probably combine the last two decades and not have that many. I wish I knew somebody from the school system that could explain that.

I understand but last years team didn't have 20ish transfers either in fact you can probably combine the last two decades and not have that many. I wish I knew somebody from the school system that could explain that.
It doesn't have to be a transfer your CB # is more indicative of where students live than if they came from a different school district.

It doesn't have to be a transfer your CB # is more indicative of where students live than if they came from a different school district.
Nobody moves to Canton so all those athletes on last years numbers were all students that transferred into McKinley from outside the district without moving to Canton because if the students live with their parents in Canton from either the 8th or 9th grade their competitive balance number is zilch. That must've been a lot of students from GlenOak. Where am I wrong?

Nobody moves to Canton so all those athletes on last years numbers were all students that transferred into McKinley from outside the district without moving to Canton because if the students live with their parents in Canton from either the 8th or 9th grade their competitive balance number is zilch. That must've been a lot of students from GlenOak. Where am I wrong?
Huh? Competitive balance just indicates where people live. If someone open enrolls to Perry Local School District and lives in Massillon City School District they are assigned a Competitive balance number. The kids may never have set foot in WHS as a student however Perry gets hit with an enrollment multiplier.

raymo - if you want to know something - I don't have an inside on everything, but I will share with you what I do know. Just PM me with your questions. over half the stuff on here is just banter and people guessing or sharing a bad rumor.
I hear you,thank you and I'll be talking to you.

Does McKinley have a football website? Was board trying to look up their old records and such and couldn’t find a McKinley specific site.

Does McKinley have a football website? Was board trying to look up their old records and such and couldn’t find a McKinley specific site.
Not anymore. There are some stuff out there on facebook I think but I haven't been able to find any year to year records etc. which is a shame and by the way somebody has them somewhere.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I know J. Cox RB/LB just transfer from Glenoak and a RB /LB from Alliance. Will they have to sit any games?

That’s not true in regards to transfers. Kids that move in jr high are a minimum 1 tier. You have to live in the district and start school in kindergarten to be a 0. Although cb#’s don’t really mean much when you are D1. It’s a bigger deal in the lower divisions.

at least with Canton City Schools it is closed enrollment - so a "transfer" has to move within the district there which will allow them to play.

a school with say "state wide open enrollment" would carry a penalty if not moving within district - but I know of some people that know ways around that. This means you could open enroll into a school but not move but carry a penalty for last half season unless meeting one of the exemptions.
I think you might be confusing the transfer rules with Competitive Balance.

That’s not true in regards to transfers. Kids that move in jr high are a minimum 1 tier. You have to live in the district and start school in kindergarten to be a 0. Although cb#’s don’t really mean much when you are D1. It’s a bigger deal in the lower divisions.
Kindergarten? That's not correct.

I know J. Cox RB/LB just transfer from Glenoak and a RB /LB from Alliance. Will they have to sit any games?
Doubtful these two players you mention will have to sit out any games. Don't believe that OHSAA has a regulation about pre-school startup/pre-season transfers.