2022 Canton McKinley Football Season

Does anyone know who Canton McKinley's two scrimmages are against in August?
(last season it was Hudson and Euclid)

Does anyone know who Canton McKinley's two scrimmages are against in August?
(last season it was Hudson and Euclid)
From a post by DaveDawg from a thread on Stark County Football 2022:

McK vs St Ignatius at Tom Benson on Thursday, Aug. 11 at 6pm.

This coming season is HUGE for coach Hall,he and his staff can show the kids how its going to be and what to expect from them.I'm looking forward to some 7 on 7 action,you get a feel on size and speed.

This coming season is HUGE for coach Hall,he and his staff can show the kids how its going to be and what to expect from them.I'm looking forward to some 7 on 7 action,you get a feel on size and speed.
Agree. It is critical for coach Hall, and his entire coaching staff, to demonstrate continuous improvement on the field of play, which includes fundamentals, individual and team discipline, and the execution of assignments. Additionally, questions have emerged on the "qualifications" for this new DC, Anderson. The St. Ignatius scrimmage will be a good indicator on the upcoming season, particularly in the McKinley defense ability to contain and stop the opponents running game. Last couple of seasons the Bulldog defense has been gashed by the running game, regardless of who they were playing against. Combination of mediocre talent, poor coaching of techniques and very flawed defensive schemes.

Agree. It is critical for coach Hall, and his entire coaching staff, to demonstrate continuous improvement on the field of play, which includes fundamentals, individual and team discipline, and the execution of assignments. Additionally, questions have emerged on the "qualifications" for this new DC, Anderson. The St. Ignatius scrimmage will be a good indicator on the upcoming season, particularly in the McKinley defense ability to contain and stop the opponents running game. Last couple of seasons the Bulldog defense has been gashed by the running game, regardless of who they were playing against. Combination of mediocre talent, poor coaching of techniques and very flawed defensive schemes.
Ohiocrew, please do not take this as a Massillon fan trying to start trouble, just an honest comment.
I agree, Massillon has really ran at will against the pups for the last several years, and the Tiger offense hasn't been all that hard to figure out what their main plan was. Still baffles me as to why more teams haven't had more success stopping the Tigers run game.

Ohiocrew, please do not take this as a Massillon fan trying to start trouble, just an honest comment.
I agree, Massillon has really ran at will against the pups for the last several years, and the Tiger offense hasn't been all that hard to figure out what their main plan was. Still baffles me as to why more teams haven't had more success stopping the Tigers run game.
I agree that the Tigers in recent years have not had complicated offensive schemes. Rather predictable in fact. But they have had excellent O-Lines and exceptional running backs, such as Thomas, and last couple of years, Hartsong and Lenix. Also, many teams that Massillon has played, not just McK, have had ineffective defensive schemes and have failed to make in-game adjustments. I don't claim to have the perfect answer, but nevertheless, the results have been productive and successful for Massillon.

I have a friend who works for the Canton City school system who tells me that he hasn't heard anything about the football team this year and maybe coach Hall wants it to be this way. As the head coach, he has the prerogative and has his reasons but I imagine it to be somewhat frustrating for some of the McKinley fans on this forum. Not trying to start any trouble here, just an observation.

Any McK fans go to the 7 on 7 event yesterday with an update on how the Bulldogs made out,Thx.?

"Won" some and "lost" in the semis but looked athletic as usual. QB looked good, room for improvement. The win was getting in a workout against some other kids you don't see everyday.

Funny listening to some folks going ga-ga on these 7-on-7s.

Buckeye Pipeline: Canton McKinley

Very impressive overview of the Canton McKinley football program and contributions to the Ohio State program. Nevertheless, I am a little confused, in that the McKinley official website illustrates that the Bulldogs won two state championships during the 1940s, I believe it is 1942 and 1944. The article in Eleven Warriors fails to mention those state titles.

Very impressive overview of the Canton McKinley football program and contributions to the Ohio State program. Nevertheless, I am a little confused, in that the McKinley official website illustrates that the Bulldogs won two state championships during the 1940s, I believe it is 1942 and 1944. The article in Eleven Warriors fails to mention those state titles.
I think they missed the 1920 and 1927 also but those were not AP poles but I think they were called Popular Acclaim back then.

Last edited:
But yet the mentioned the 34, 55 snd 56 titles in the article but ok.
Agree, Caleb. Moreover, a similar "pipeline story" in Eleven Warriors recently, focusing on Massillon Washington, acknowledges Massillon's state titles in the 1930s and 1940s. At the very least, Eleven Warriors is definitely inconsistent in its reporting. So be it.

Yes, the scrimmage is scheduled to be played at Warren Harding. Harding is planning to have the scrimmage played in Mollenkoff Stadium.

Yes, the scrimmage is scheduled to be played at Warren Harding. Harding is planning to have the scrimmage played in Mollenkoff Stadium.
I’m sure McKinley fans are elated that Warren is back on the Bulldogs football schedule, starting in 2023. One of Ohio’s historic football rivalries.