2022 Boys Soccer State Tournament Pairings

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
2022 Boys Soccer State Tournament Pairings
Brackets and Tournament Coverage: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Soccer/Soccer-2022/2022-OHSAA-State-Tournament-Coverage
Designated home team listed first.
Pairings include final OSSCA rank.
State championship games live on the NFHS Network.

Division I

No. 7 Medina (15-3-3) vs. No. 1 Cleveland St. Ignatius (17-2-0) at Brunswick Auto Mart Stadium, Wed., 7 p.m.
No. 4 New Albany (15-1-3) vs. Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller (16-1-4) at Springfield High School, Wed., 7 p.m.
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12, 1 p.m. at Lower.com Field, Columbus

Division II
No. 12 Cincinnati Wyoming (16-2-3) vs. Bexley (17-3-1) at Bellbrook Stadium – DL Holmes Field, Wed., 7 p.m.
No. 5 Lima Shawnee (17-1-1) vs. No. 4 Warren Howland (18-1-2) at Bellville Clear Fork High School, Wed., 7 p.m.
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12, 7 p.m. at Lower.com Field, Columbus

Division III
No. 6 Toledo Ottawa Hills (17-4-1) vs. No. 2 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney (17-3-1) at Sandusky High School, Wed., 7 p.m.
No. 7 Yellow Springs (20-1-2) vs. No. 8 Grandview Heights (13-7-1) at Marysville IMPACT Stadium, Wed., 7 p.m.
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 12, 4 p.m. at Lower.com Field, Columbus

D3 looks super wide open! I can see any of the four teams winning.

In D2, I haven't seen Shawnee or Bexley play, but I have seen a lot of Wyoming and Howland, and I would be surprised if the past two D2 champions aren't playing each other in the final. These two teams both have ferocious defenses and have shown an ability to win deep tournament games.

D1 obviously has St. Ignatius as the huge favorite, but Centerville's performance in last year's final and a couple results from this year (including needing a comeback against Western Reserve Academy on top of the losses to national powers) show they just might be vulnerable this year. Very looking forward to all of these games!

D1 It's Iggy though i will always give my alma mater Medina a fighting chance.

D2 I'd say it's a tossup, with a slight edge to the experience of Howland and Wyoming. Shawnee has ben right on the edge lurking for a while. That win over Revere was massive. Maybe it's their turn to break through?

D3 It's Mooney and Yellow Springs it appears to me. Archbold has the only title for the northern half of the state since 2014. Mooney is a solid veteran group with a lot of kids that played in the loss to Mariemont in 2020.

Selfishly I'd love to see both howland and mooney get there. Youngstown area soccer took a serous beating on the field and off it for many years and now a lot of hard work and dedication is coming to fruition.