2022 BIG 10

LCL

Thoughts? Toughest Schedule? Easiest Schedule? Most Intriguing Out of Conference game? Any other predictions

Last edited:

MICHIGAN

Attachments

• um.png
    um.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 34
Wow there are some SEC like OOC schedules in the B1G this year; ND @ tOSU, Oklahoma @ Nebraska, and Penn State @Auburn are the only biggies with some schools playing FCS opponents. There could be a lot of 4-0 type teams come the end of September that will be over hyped and get pounded once they play a team of note on the road. As for a surprise team I want to say Rutgers but they play in the tough East so I will go with Nebraska as they lost a lot of close games in 2021 and they have addition due to the subtraction of Martinez at QB.

Wow there are some SEC like OOC schedules in the B1G this year; ND @ tOSU, Oklahoma @ Nebraska, and Penn State @Auburn are the only biggies with some schools playing FCS opponents. There could be a lot of 4-0 type teams come the end of September that will be over hyped and get pounded once they play a team of note on the road. As for a surprise team I want to say Rutgers but they play in the tough East so I will go with Nebraska as they lost a lot of close games in 2021 and they have addition due to the subtraction of Martinez at QB.
For the SEC and B10 there is very little reward for playing anyone of substance OOC anymore.

And I am with you on Nebraska, they were as good of a 3-9 team as I ever saw. Could have easily been a 9 win team had the ball bounced right.

it appears that Caleb Williams is considering Wisconsin as a possible transfer destination. USC is still the leader but Wiscy could really be dangerous if it gets a transfer QB of the caliber.

it appears that Caleb Williams is considering Wisconsin as a possible transfer destination. USC is still the leader but Wiscy could really be dangerous if it gets a transfer QB of the caliber.

Reports are that he chose USC and Riley.

It is being reported that the B1G will allow its current exclusive media rights renewal negotiating window with FOX/ESPN lapse to let the rights hit the open market. There are rumors that the bidding will start at $1 Billion per year as CBS and NBC both have reached out to the B1G to let them know of their interest. CBS needs to fill their Saturday afternoons since the SEC is bolting and NBC wants to compliment their ND package with a full Conference slate and then FOX doesn't want to lose the biggest ratings juggernaut in NCAA football. For sake of comparison the current B1G deal which is only 4 years old was for $440 million per year. This is an incredible amount of $s for these programs and would really change the landscape of the game. Add in that with the new alliance including the ACC & PAC 12 they are will be better inventory to their OOC slate. Finally there are also rumors to maximize this deal the B1G will change up the Divisions so that some large east coast markets will not be tied to the hip with the big three of the Conference.

And by the way the Universities don't have to pay the players, they now have rich alums and boosters doing that legally for them. What a sport....

CBS, NBC, FOX. Doesn't matter. There's no escaping the 4 hour noon game for Ohio State
Oh no that will change. The big boys are complaining about that time slot for the big game and how it hurts their recruiting and more importantly their ratings. If someone is going to pay all those $s expect them to go back to Saturday evenings. Or maybe they take over late afternoon as the SEC may move their signature game kick off in the evening as some teams in the SEC have had night kick offs as a tradition. We shall see.