2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Findy also lectured me,that it takes a village to build a good football team.Whatever the hell that means.And your right,I have read on here many times that Fr,Willie is the Asst Ad.
That means. Every alumnus should be sending their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins & neighbors to Benedictine. That means the coaching staff needs your help finding student athletes to attend Benedictine. Finding players shouldn't solely fall on the coach's shoulders. Support the program. Either monetarily, if you have disposable funds, or by the above mentioned. Because you live in Twinsburg shouldn't be your reason to not send your son to Benedictine if you are an Alumni. It takes a village. Complaining on Yappi serves little purpose. Complaining on Yappi about Alumni who are donating & sending their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins, & neighbors to Benedictine serves no purpose. Complaining on Yappi about anything without stepping up to do your part serves no purpose. It's easy to complain behind the mask of Yappi. Easy. Try being the HC, the AD, the Principle, the President of the School, the Alum, who gives his life to the school, while everybody knows their names. All of these people put in massive amounts of time to help better the school. So, a bunch of no names, behind a mask can bash them. Nothing is perfect. You only can continue to move forward. Never live with regret, you can only change the future. Benedictine has been doing it for 95 years. Hopefully, they will be continuing this tradition for another 95. Good Luck finding the correct coach. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ora Et Labora.

That means. Every alumnus should be sending their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins & neighbors to Benedictine. That means the coaching staff needs your help finding student athletes to attend Benedictine. Finding players shouldn't solely fall on the coach's shoulders. Support the program. Either monetarily, if you have disposable funds, or by the above mentioned. Because you live in Twinsburg shouldn't be your reason to not send your son to Benedictine if you are an Alumni. It takes a village. Complaining on Yappi serves little purpose. Complaining on Yappi about Alumni who are donating & sending their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins, & neighbors to Benedictine serves no purpose. Complaining on Yappi about anything without stepping up to do your part serves no purpose. It's easy to complain behind the mask of Yappi. Easy. Try being the HC, the AD, the Principle, the President of the School, the Alum, who gives his life to the school, while everybody knows their names. All of these people put in massive amounts of time to help better the school. So, a bunch of no names, behind a mask can bash them. Nothing is perfect. You only can continue to move forward. Never live with regret, you can only change the future. Benedictine has been doing it for 95 years. Hopefully, they will be continuing this tradition for another 95. Good Luck finding the correct coach. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ora Et Labora.
Can agree with some of this. To each their own. Happy Thanksgiving

1669220661576.png

Ora Et Labora.
I can agree to a point.Every one of us has a tough job,and I can assure you many of us have tougher jobs than being a coach.They chose to do that.I,nor anyone else can control where some alumni sends their kid.Its up to the school,and the coaching staff to make it attractive enough where students,and athletes want to attend.Most of us on here don't work at the school.This thread has been pretty crazy,but at least people still care,almost 2,000 hits.Better than having apathy.

Like hearing that Coach Bortnick was at the ceremony, the separation back in the late '00s wasn't done in the best manner so hopefully this is a good step to bringing Art back into the fold.
Why do you say he was let go in a bad matter? He was let go after 5 horrible seasons in which we didn't come close to reaching the playoffs. There was also another thing that spurned the exit.

Why do you say he was let go in a bad matter? He was let go after 5 horrible seasons in which we didn't come close to reaching the playoffs. There was also another thing that spurned the exit.
That 'other thing' probably did him in. Too bad. He might have lasted longer.

Tiger nor any other high profile coach is going to Benedictine. Benedictine is not nearly the job Bengal fans think it is. Ask yourself - "Why would Tiger leave ? ". He has it made. He has laid the foundation in Kirtland. He has the youth feeder program rolling, has the weight program rolling, has 100% buy in with players and community, has a brand new turf field next year, has kids in the school system, is already a legend and oh by the way loves the city.

Benedictine and schools like them are getting harder and harder to win at. They are not on the level of a Ed's or Iggy - and won't be again. With tuition rising at all private schools Benedictine is in the same boat as VASJ, Lake, etc. They are trying to get the kids Ed's and Iggy does not want. I'm sure Benedictine will find their man and I'm sure it will be pretty soon. But don't expect a SPLASH or a big name.

Tiger nor any other high profile coach is going to Benedictine. Benedictine is not nearly the job Bengal fans think it is. Ask yourself - "Why would Tiger leave ? ". He has it made. He has laid the foundation in Kirtland. He has the youth feeder program rolling, has the weight program rolling, has 100% buy in with players and community, has a brand new turf field next year, has kids in the school system, is already a legend and oh by the way loves the city.

Benedictine and schools like them are getting harder and harder to win at. They are not on the level of a Ed's or Iggy - and won't be again. With tuition rising at all private schools Benedictine is in the same boat as VASJ, Lake, etc. They are trying to get the kids Ed's and Iggy does not want. I'm sure Benedictine will find their man and I'm sure it will be pretty soon. But don't expect a SPLASH or a big name.
Never said Benedictine was going to get him,or that he was interested in leaving Kirtland.Reading must not be your strong point.I was only using him as an example of one of the elite coaches.Just said if he WANTED to leave,he could probably get any job he wanted.

Nobody said Benedictine was going after Tiger or he was interested....the Bengals will get back up and be ready to play ball come August '23

Agreed. Why leave a school district with higher pay, and where in the next 10 years it’s completely possibly to win enough state championships to at least match Coach Kyle’s benchmark?

Whomever they pick hopefully will stick around for at least 5 years, and the kids will buy into him.. The bigger thing is getting enrollment back up. 65 freshmen this year isn't going to cut it down the road.

You think I don't know? Now THAT'S funny
Aren't you the guy that was touting this past team as a state title contender?The team that went 0-10?You jumped down peoples throat that said otherwise.What the hell do you know about football?If your really the assistant AD,why don't you quit embarrassing yourself,and the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.