2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured as much when he said "as early as next week". I don't see Eds or Hoban being eliminated at all.
I would think its safe to say both of those coaches would have no interest in Benedictine. It would be a step backwards. No knock on Benedictine though.

I would think its safe to say both of those coaches would have no interest in Benedictine. It would be a step backwards. No knock on Benedictine though.
I understand that.Could be a member of their staff.I was just going by what he said,and those are the 4 catholic schools still playing,doesn't have to be a current head coach.

I understand that.Could be a member of their staff.I was just going by what he said,and those are the 4 catholic schools still playing,doesn't have to be a current head coach.
Yep.....I agree....I thought of that after I posted.

Do you guys know how to start a new thread? Just a suggestion, you should start a new thread for 2023. I‘m going to assume nearly 100% of the Benedictine faithful that visit yappi, want this thread gone.

Good luck in the coaching search.

Alright alright let's forget about the HCs of those two schools. For obvious reasons, they are not leaving "dynasty" level programs to come rebuild Benedictine.

...But while we are talking about ridiculous possibilities, I think it is worth mentioning that another very successful HC has stepped down from his position and has not yet said that he WON'T be Benedictine's head coach next year. 👀

Do you guys know how to start a new thread? Just a suggestion, you should start a new thread for 2023. I‘m going to assume nearly 100% of the Benedictine faithful that visit yappi, want this thread gone.

I think it may be a natural progression to keep the coach-search-speak in this thread, and then once a new coach is named, start the new thread for 2023 without garbage suggestions at the beginning of it. That's just me, but I also don't make the threads here.

Sooooo much misinformed postings and speculation.

I can tell you all, for a fact, that Monday 11/14 was the first time the hiring committee came together and even BEGAN reaching out to candidates on the most informal of basis.

Relax all, this isn't the NFL or a D1 college coaching search. The application period, having ended on Nov. 7th, won't even net you in-person interviews until at the very least once we get back from Thanksgiving break.

While I agree there is a lot of clutter here my suggestion is Benny fans keep all this NFL/NCAA speculation on this thread then start the new one when a guy is officially announced so it is clean start and doesn't have hearsay/rumors on the first hundred of pages.

I can tell you all, for a fact, that Monday 11/14 was the first time the hiring committee came together and even BEGAN reaching out to candidates on the most informal of basis.

Relax all, this isn't the NFL or a D1 college coaching search. The application period, having ended on Nov. 7th, won't even net you in-person interviews until at the very least once we get back from Thanksgiving break.
This is not correct. May have been what you were told, however not correct

I was at the Hall of Honor induction ceremonies last Sunday. Supposedly there will be a new coach hired by this Friday.
Good Luck to all candidates. Good Luck to the selection committee.
Hopefully the selection committee chooses the correct guy or gal to be the new HC.
We will see.

Not true at all from what I heard....interviews are happening this week and next week

While I agree there is a lot of clutter here my suggestion is Benny fans keep all this NFL/NCAA speculation on this thread then start the new one when a guy is officially announced so it is clean start and doesn't have hearsay/rumors on the first hundred of pages.
Quick question is it you or Mr Bene who starts the new thread every year? All we know is it can't be Restore for 2023

Quick question is it you or Mr Bene who starts the new thread every year? All we know is it can't be Restore for 2023
I use to start it but have not been quite so active on the Benedictine FB thread since things have gone sideways the past few years. Technically anyone can start it but as i have suggested I think it would be best to keep the pre announcement banter on this thread and start the new one when the OFFICIAL announcement for a new Head Coach is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.