2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who haven’t been looking in the other threads.
The Bengals will be participating in Division III Region 9 next season.

None of them play our type of schedule
They do not... But like the top of Div 2 they are bigger enrolment wise which translates to rosters that are bigger which allows for platooning and more depth to deal with key injuries. These pubs have also developed programs where prior to HS kids come up trained in the offensive and defensive systems and language plus they have played with their teammates for years so the staff has a familiarity of personnel. There is a reason Kirtland and Chardon are competing and winning titles rather just floundering. At this point Chardon is the clear favorite of region 9 but I like the Bengals chances here more so than in Region5.

They do not... But like the top of Div 2 they are bigger enrolment wise which translates to rosters that are bigger which allows for platooning and more depth to deal with key injuries. These pubs have also developed programs where prior to HS kids come up trained in the offensive and defensive systems and language plus they have played with their teammates for years so the staff has a familiarity of personnel. There is a reason Kirtland and Chardon are competing and winning titles rather just floundering. At this point Chardon is the clear favorite of region 9 but I like the Bengals chances here more so than in Region5.
What you mean by clear.....like 14-21 pt favorites vs any opponent?

Region 9 will be a dog fight - just like it has been the past few years. Chardon's ability to platoon has been a big factor in their success the past two years. The numbers seem to be big enough for them to platoon again this year. Six returning starters on defense - five of whom were all ohio - should keep them in games early until they can figure out the 8 guys on offense that they have to replace. Good news is QB is back. Benny certainly makes an already tough region tougher. Joe's has a big CB number so my guess is that they will be strong also. Region 9 lost Dover, SVSM, Steubenville, Streetsboro, and one or two other decent teams. Canfield has their D1 QB back who has been starting since his sophomore season. They are a tough, hard nosed program. Aurora is always tough. Akron East is loaded with big time talent. Like I said - a dog fight. Region 10 looks weak again.

I would have to check w/ the Barber Shop on a point spread but Chardon has been on a roll the past few years and seems to reload, like I said this has developed into a plug and play type of program. Benny has some strong personnel returning along the lines and a potentially strong player at QB but many questions at the skills, not sure if the guys replacing track stars at WR and DB are plug and play type players for Benedictine at this time. Maybe but we need to see them not only at 7 v 7 but in scrimmages to get a feel. As stated I do agree on the schedule and the team that will hopefully be playing week 11will be ready for the November grind.

Region 9 will be a dog fight - just like it has been the past few years. Chardon's ability to platoon has been a big factor in their success the past two years. The numbers seem to be big enough for them to platoon again this year. Six returning starters on defense - five of whom were all ohio - should keep them in games early until they can figure out the 8 guys on offense that they have to replace. Good news is QB is back. Benny certainly makes an already tough region tougher. Joe's has a big CB number so my guess is that they will be strong also. Region 9 lost Dover, SVSM, Steubenville, Streetsboro, and one or two other decent teams. Canfield has their D1 QB back who has been starting since his sophomore season. They are a tough, hard nosed program. Aurora is always tough. Akron East is loaded with big time talent. Like I said - a dog fight. Region 10 looks weak again.
Heck of an athletic year for Chardon Snowbelt Dude, congrats. Is the TE/LB with the big afro coming back? Kid was a solid HS player.

Though this might be true most other years, I don’t think we’re giving our guys in the trenches enough credit coming into this seasons, we’re returning 11 guys who got significant snaps on either the offensive or defensive lines.
Did we show some cracks later in the year? Yes. But I think a lot of that had to do with scheme rather than personnel. If our new coach is as good as we’re hoping, I don’t see us struggling to keep up with “traditionally deeper” programs.
And skill player-wise, we’re Benedictine, we’ll always have running backs, receivers, and DBs.

Though this might be true most other years, I don’t think we’re giving our guys in the trenches enough credit coming into this seasons, we’re returning 11 guys who got significant snaps on either the offensive or defensive lines.
Did we show some cracks later in the year? Yes. But I think a lot of that had to do with scheme rather than personnel. If our new coach is as good as we’re hoping, I don’t see us struggling to keep up with “traditionally deeper” programs.
And skill player-wise, we’re Benedictine, we’ll always have running backs, receivers, and DBs.
What new coach?

By " New Coach " I believe he is speaking of Coach Greene. Coach Greene is a hard nose, all in Coach. You Benny grads and fans will like his style of coaching. He's really good.

I think we need to address our depth, but I would agree that I like our chance against Chardon more than Hoban at this point. I think we have better athletes. But those kids have been Wing T’ing since Nam

Anthony Iliano picked up his 10th Division I and II offer today from Ashland. I hear Division I Bryant University is very interested.

Kareem Jennings picked up his 2nd and 3rd Division I offer from Toledo and Eastern Michigan today. He now holds 3 MAC offers.

FB514878-7209-4FF0-A2DF-B73D847E8486.jpeg

New Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.