2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was some of the wrestling uniforms from back in 2018. It attracted several student athletes to the program.

Attachments

• BENEDICTINE-2022.JPG
    BENEDICTINE-2022.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 29
With the Benedictine B. I thought these would make a good change up.

Attachments

• A NORTH CAROLINA.jpg
    A NORTH CAROLINA.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 15
With the Benedictine B. I thought these would make a good change up.

I just don’t see a way an alternate helmet comes into play here. It’s very expensive.

$250 x 70 players = $17,500 plus freight and tax. And helmets don’t last forever. Would only get a few wears.

I think uniforms are a better way to go

I just don’t see a way an alternate helmet comes into play here. It’s very expensive.

$250 x 70 players = $17,500 plus freight and tax. And helmets don’t last forever. Would only get a few wears.

The helmets last longer than you would think they get reconditioned every year. The jerseys, the alternate ones, were purchased by Christian Hannah.

The helmets last longer than you would think they get reconditioned every year. The jerseys, the alternate ones, were purchased by Christian Hannah.

Really? I always believed helmets lasted 4-7 years depending on if they pass reconditioning.

I suppose I just love the traditional white helmets and don’t want them to change!

That’s the same person who did the jerseys last year right?

Really? I always believed helmets lasted 4-7 years depending on if they pass reconditioning.

I suppose I just love the traditional white helmets and don’t want them to change!

That’s the same person who did the jerseys last year right?
Chrome Helmets are extremely costly to maintain as the paint chips off very easily and has to be replaced weekly.

Last edited:

Not that I thought that Benedictine would approve these. Just a completely different look. I think Chrome helmets are more like $550 each. Would take a huge donation to purchase these. Don't like the word never...but the likelihood of these ever coming to the Bengals is not a reality.

Several years ago I saw plans for a new entrance to the gym and remodel of gym lobby. What ever happened to that?
The new entrance to the main building that will be connecting the science wing is in full construction mode to be finished by October 2022. The gym lobby and entrance are sufficient for the time being and I've never seen that on the recent construction plans.

Lol. What is the "fundraising" REALLY for?
You have to be kidding me, you are not familiar with Gala season? I guess there are not too many of these things in your corner of the world.

Most Private/Catholic schools have some sort of big fundraising deal in the spring, these use to be black tie events complete with top shelf bars so attendees can get liquored up and bid on cool auction items like a suite at a pro sports game or a various memorabilia. (The black ties may be gone but the liquor and auctions remain.) The prep schools have this thing down to a science and raise massive $s with rich folks trying to out do each other during the auction part, Benny doesn't quite play in this arena but then again they do well for a traditionally middle class school. By the way, not a dime of any of these types of fund raisers end up in the athletic departments, folks that attend are usually the smarty pants alums who have done well and want to give students the resources so they get a chance also to excel in the classroom and gain life skills.

That wasn't my point, although my point has been made.
My education was funded by the Gala among other events, so forgive me if I am missing something but what point are you making? Is it that schools like Bene need to have fundraisers to barely stay afloat while Massillon uses taxpayer money for their sports and have the Department of Education pay a coach's wife 6 digits a year to keep him in town? Is that you point?

Congratulation to Nick Abounader & Jake Dolan for qualifying for the 2022 State Wrestling Championships in Columbus this weekend!
Good Luck! Give 'em your Best!
Looks likes Abounader got a good draw with some of the top guys on the other side of the bracket. If things go right he should just have a third chance against the kid from buckeye in the finals.

Congratulation to Nick Abounader & Jake Dolan for qualifying for the 2022 State Wrestling Championships in Columbus this weekend!
Good Luck! Give 'em your Best!
Abounader won his first match by pin. Abounader has a good shot to place high or even win at 150. 4 of the top 6 predicted finishers by Bucksman and Borofan at the weight either scratched or defaulted at some point in the state series. This includes the top 2 ranked guys, Neitenbach from Buckeye and Turnbaugh from Ontario.

Dolan went 0-2 and is eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.