2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could have been a great year for Benedictine basketball. Look at what two of the former players did last night.

I believe that it has been at least 20 years since Benedictine beat St. Edward in basketball.

No. 8 Richmond Heights 70, No. 2 St. Edward 66: Despite missing senior West Virginia commit Josiah Harris for the fourth straight game because of an injury, Richmond Heights pulled off its biggest win of the season at home by taking down the Eagles.

Senior center London Maiden led the Spartans (18-4) in his place, scoring a game-high 23 points with 10 rebounds. Fellow senior Detric Hearst added 18 points and freshman Dorian Jones had 17.

Last edited:
This could have been a great year for Benedictine basketball. Look at what two of the former players did last night.

I believe that it has been at least 20 years since Benedictine beat St. Edward in basketball.

No. 8 Richmond Heights 70, No. 2 St. Edward 66: Despite missing senior West Virginia commit Josiah Harris for the fourth straight game because of an injury, Richmond Heights pulled off its biggest win of the season at home by taking down the Eagles.

Senior center London Maiden led the Spartans (18-4) in his place, scoring a game-high 23 points with 10 rebounds. Fellow senior Detric Hearst added 18 points and freshman Dorian Jones had 17.
Good for them. We’re worried about kids who want to play for Benedictine.

Maiden and Hearst were average players for Bene last season. Hearst was out of shape as well. Maybe it was the coaches system / style of play ? Carry on .

I remember being a freshman coming into play Benedictine at the HOC home court and being very intimidated. They have a great thing going for them.

Sadly there I don't believe that there is a hockey thread so this is probably the best place to post this.

Benedictine Hockey played St Ignatius in the Brooklyn regional semifinals 3-0. The game was very tight as it was scoreless after a period and 1-0 after another. This was a great Benedictine team that was able to make it further in the playoffs than a team has for a while. Seniors Andrew Bernard and Jack and Will Kehres led the team with help from Juniors Luke Parker, Michael Pelc, and Freshman Ryan Kehres, among many other key contributors. Bernard and W Kehres were the starting blueliners of the team and Parker and the two other Kehres' were the forwards. Pelc was a top tier goalie who had over a 95% save percentage in the game vs the Wildcats. Bob Kehres, father of Jack and Ryan, is the head coach of the team who is assisted by his brother Jim, father of Will, and other graduates. This was a great team that will be hungry next year and big shoutout to the seniors who helped change the culture. I think hockey has gotten the biggest student sections of any team at Bene I've seen this year

Sadly there I don't believe that there is a hockey thread so this is probably the best place to post this.

Benedictine Hockey played St Ignatius in the Brooklyn regional semifinals 3-0. The game was very tight as it was scoreless after a period and 1-0 after another. This was a great Benedictine team that was able to make it further in the playoffs than a team has for a while. Seniors Andrew Bernard and Jack and Will Kehres led the team with help from Juniors Luke Parker, Michael Pelc, and Freshman Ryan Kehres, among many other key contributors. Bernard and W Kehres were the starting blueliners of the team and Parker and the two other Kehres' were the forwards. Pelc was a top tier goalie who had over a 95% save percentage in the game vs the Wildcats. Bob Kehres, father of Jack and Ryan, is the head coach of the team who is assisted by his brother Jim, father of Will, and other graduates. This was a great team that will be hungry next year and big shoutout to the seniors who helped change the culture. I think hockey has gotten the biggest student sections of any team at Bene I've seen this year
Yes Congrats on a great season and the student body was great showing support

Baseball up next . I am excited to see Lucas Kaltenbach pitch. First game is Vs St Eds. March 26th. Not sure how the baseball team is supposed to be. If anyone knows, please share.

Basketball is finished. Let’s see what Coach Salata can do. Already rumors he has 4 kids coming in . Not sure if these are players that can come in and help at the varsity level. Wait and see.

Baseball up next . I am excited to see Lucas Kaltenbach pitch. First game is Vs St Eds. March 26th. Not sure how the baseball team is supposed to be. If anyone knows, please share.

Basketball is finished. Let’s see what Coach Salata can do. Already rumors he has 4 kids coming in . Not sure if these are players that can come in and help at the varsity level. Wait and see.
Can’t forget about our 4 wrestlers who advanced to districts!

Look at these on their social media. Are these real?
0E5ED12A-3E55-4FC3-97CB-5C37BBB11D66.jpeg

I started a baseball thread over on the baseball forums, not much has been said so far. Not sure how to link but I would if I could

I LOVE these and those AAU jerseys, but these are just alternates, kind of like I've seen some teams wear this past year, right? I think it would be a shame to completely change the uniforms. Will there be a different set of helmets to go with them?

Could not see them abandoning the home baby blue uniforms. Plus those are brand new too and pretty nice. Good questions on helmets but I think those have so much tradition they should never change.

Could not see them abandoning the home baby blue uniforms. Plus those are brand new too and pretty nice. Good questions on helmets but I think those have so much tradition they should never change.
The classic baby blue jerseys and flying b's over white helmets are iconic. The navy blues are sweet though and it would be great to break them out once or twice a year, maybe on homecoming(?), and should get the school even more exposure

The classic baby blue jerseys and flying b's over white helmets are iconic. The navy blues are sweet though and it would be great to break them out once or twice a year, maybe on homecoming(?), and should get the school even more exposure
Agreed! This showcase game might be a good one to debut!

Neat how they put that in the neckline
CB280290-2AB7-4EF8-8E53-C59335C604DF.jpeg

I like the alternative look but more importantly the players and perspective players like this kind of stuff, great for marketing and social media. If it is used for a one off type thing, preferably a home game against someone that Benny has a history with, it can become an annual tradition. The all white uni is still the most classic look, no dedicated home field so it always seems they are on the road rocking this very clean all white look.

As for the helmets cost wise it is a tougher thing to do the entire helmet including base color change for a HS. If they were able to make it work a suggestion would be to do a salute to the Benny vets and safety forces, then have the "Flying B" logo in an American flag design. Older alums would probably be on board with this:

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg

I like the alternative look but more importantly the players and perspective players like this kind of stuff, great for marketing and social media. If it is used for a one off type thing, preferably a home game against someone that Benny has a history with, it can become an annual tradition. The all white uni is still the most classic look, no dedicated home field so it always seems they are on the road rocking this very clean all white look.

As for the helmets cost wise it is a tougher thing to do the entire helmet including base color change for a HS. If they were able to make it work a suggestion would be to do a salute to the Benny vets and safety forces, then have the "Flying B" logo in an American flag design. Older alums would probably be on board with this:

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg
Auggie: I agree, the whites are my favorite uniform for BENE. Classic, simple, clean. The script is sharp, which is nice that they are putting on this new alternative.

In this day, I do think it helps with the kids and excitement around the program. I guess they would need to be worn in “home” settings since it’s a dark color.

I don’t know if helmets are feasible. I think the top Riddell helmets cost between $225-300 depending how many you order. Given the lifespan, that’s a considerable amount of $$$. Heights has them, but I believe that’s at the cost of the Kelce Brothers. Maybe after another contract, that becomes our Jerome Baker.

Agreed! This showcase game might be a good one to debut!

Neat how they put that in the neckline
View attachment 27041
The new jerseys all seem to have a lot of little details on them, I love it. They should definitely wear them for the showcase, in my opinion, and then wear them for homecoming or bring back a rivalry like Latin or LC and have both teams wear colored jerseys.

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg
The price of one set of helmets is high enough as it is, but it would be cool if they did a full color rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.