2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been very quiet on the hoops front w recruits from what I hear
Gotta keep building the program up for now. Not really an attractive basketball program at the moment.
Both Goode and Salata want multi-sport athletes so they should (and are already) bring in some talented football guys who can play a little hoops too. When we start winning on the basketball side the kids will come.

Gotta keep building the program up for now. Not really an attractive basketball program at the moment.
Both Goode and Salata want multi-sport athletes so they should (and are already) bring in some talented football guys who can play a little hoops too. When we start winning on the basketball side the kids will come.
Yes but let's hope those football/basketball kids don't go elsewhere since the hoops program isn't very good...double whammy

Yes but let's hope those football/basketball kids don't go elsewhere since the hoops program isn't very good...double whammy

This is crazy. The team has more than doubled its win improvement year over year. The trend is in the right direction. Salata and his staff has been on the CYO circuit. The program is improving. Anyone saying otherwise has never been apart of a rebuild or doesn’t really understand athletics.

This is crazy. The team has more than doubled its win improvement year over year. The trend is in the right direction. Salata and his staff has been on the CYO circuit. The program is improving. Anyone saying otherwise has never been apart of a rebuild or doesn’t really understand athletics.
You do know the schedule this year compared to last year is night and day....they beat Grand River(2), Lakewood, Tuscarawas CC, John Hay, LC and Collinwood...not exactly top of the shelf teams and that's what I heard about basketball recruits...I guess we will see who they bring in for next year

You do know the schedule this year compared to last year is night and day....they beat Grand River(2), Lakewood, Tuscarawas CC, John Hay, LC and Collinwood...not exactly top of the shelf teams and that's what I heard about basketball recruits...I guess we will see who they bring in for next year
Yeah , and what did the basketball team do with a “better” roster last season and a few more tougher teams on the schedule ? NOTHING . 3 wins ? The team last season didn’t even play hard half the time .

Yeah , and what did the basketball team do with a “better” roster last season and a few more tougher teams on the schedule ? NOTHING . 3 wins ? The team last season didn’t even play hard half the time .
I will say this and be done w/ basketball while we should be talking football.....if last year's team played this schedule they would have 12-14 wins already...we lost to John Adams and East Tech smh.....I just don't see the growth overall and what will happen if #23 doesn't play next year :unsure:

I will say this and be done w/ basketball while we should be talking football.....if last year's team played this schedule they would have 12-14 wins already...we lost to John Adams and East Tech smh.....I just don't see the growth overall and what will happen if #23 doesn't play next year :unsure:
LOL 12-14 wins. Forget it .

You cannot possibly say 12-14 wins is realistic. I’ve been following Benedictine Basketball for a long time. We have always played Senate teams. Schedule sans Mentor and SVSM is very comparable to last year. Ed’s game got cancelled because of a COVID outbreak in Lakewood. Yeah, we should have beaten Adam’s and Tech. But this is a really small and young team with 6-7 sophomores rotating. I think your criticism here is really unjust.

As far as the recruiting, are you doing it for them and talking to the kids yourself? What’s your source?

You cannot possibly say 12-14 wins is realistic. I’ve been following Benedictine Basketball for a long time. We have always played Senate teams. Schedule sans Mentor and SVSM is very comparable to last year. Ed’s game got cancelled because of a COVID outbreak in Lakewood. Yeah, we should have beaten Adam’s and Tech. But this is a really small and young team with 6-7 sophomores rotating. I think your criticism here is really unjust.

As far as the recruiting, are you doing it for them and talking to the kids yourself? What’s your source?
I keep hearing different things. We are getting kids in for basketball next year , and then I am hearing Salata is having a hard time getting kids ??‍♂️

Acting like we didn’t lose to Akron North last year lol

I love that you’re flat out admitting that you’re not only recruiting but also recruiting specifically for sports. If a public school did this, you’d go bonkers.

Recruit for the school, not the specific sport. I wonder if you recruit this hard for the academic decathlon student.
It’s a group effort
Football coaches recruit football players
Basketball coaches, basketball
Hockey coaches, hockey players
Admissions, general students.
Not sure how that’s a difficult concept to understand
No one at Benedictine is breaking any rules so either keep crying or just go away.

btw, Benedictine consistently has one of the best academic challenge teams in the area

And you flip your shi@ every time they do.
Hey fbrox if you don't have anything pertinent to say about Benedictine Football get off this site. We have a great group of kids ,fantastic alumni and a very talented and caring football coaching staff.

Hey fbrox if you don't have anything pertinent to say about Benedictine Football get off this site. We have a great group of kids ,fantastic alumni and a very talented and caring football coaching staff.
Good then go play in your own playoff system along with the other recruiting schools. While you’re at it, go build your own stadium to play in and quit using public school facilities.

Gentleman,
When talking to a student about attending Benedictine. I never start a conversation about a team sport. I talk about the Outstanding atmosphere & focus that an all-boys catholic school can provide. I talk about the exceptional education Benedictine can provide. I talk about 10 to 1 student teacher ratio. I talk about the catholic, religious, experience. I talk about the life-time friends that you make. I talk about 92% of all graduates go on to a 4-year college. I talk about 50% of those students go on to a masters or better. I talk about all of the success stories Benedictine has. I talk about the convenience of having the option of an activities bus or van provide the student a ride home and are dropped off in their driveway after any activity they are in. I talk about all of the great alumni that have attended Benedictine. I talk about all of these advantages to the boy & his family.
Most importantly I talk about becoming. A Man of Benedictine.
Ora Et Labora.

Last edited:
Good then go play in your own playoff system along with the other recruiting schools. While you’re at it, go build your own stadium to play in and quit using public school facilities.
We play by and abide by all rules by the OHSAA and that with that includes playing in the state playoff system that the coaches agree with.

Should we also not use MLK Blvd to get our kids to school because that’s a public facility?

Go touch grass dude. Life is too short to whine on the internet about things that aren’t even that important.

Gentleman,
When talking to a student about attending Benedictine. I never start a conversation about a team sport. I talk about the Outstanding atmosphere & focus that an all-boys catholic school can provide. I talk about the exceptional education Benedictine can provide. I talk about 10 to 1 student teacher ratio. I talk about the catholic, religious, experience. I talk about the life-time friends that you make. I talk about 92% of all graduates go on to a 4-year college. I talk about 50% of those students go on to a masters or better. I talk about all of the success stories Benedictine has. I talk about the convenience of having the option of an activities bus or van provide the student a ride home and are dropped off in their driveway after any activity they are in. I talk about all of the great alumni that have attended Benedictine. I talk about all of these advantages to the boy & his family.
Most importantly I talk about becoming. A Man of Benedictine.
Ora Et Labora.
Well said Greg these ignorant trolls have nothing else in their lives but to put two cents where it isn't wanted. Fbrox just happens to be an ignorant sad person

Status
Not open for further replies.