2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eric Cloud could be able to fill that role, but he could end up playing a role more similar to Deebo Samuel does for the 49ers. I remember seeing a couple freshmen who'd could handle a nice chunk of touches if they go towards running back by committee at the start of the season.

That kid could be special. Plays very fast and larger than his size!

As discussed earlier I see the Cloud kid being moved around on offense, still young so I would be interested in seeing how he grows as he gets older. The Cloud family genes usually produce bigger kids so if he gets some size he could be an important piece for the next few years. A lot of need for skills too so he will probably need to play on defense too. Good to see him running track, I would like to see more skill guys run track in the spring not only because of the speed structured practices but it also gives the kids FAT times which the NCAA guys love to see so they get an accurate feel for speed.

With regards to week 4 I actually like the game, cool place to play and the neutral Ohio fans should get behind the Bengals and give them a little home team flavor. Will be a nice showcase game for some of the better players and could be a jump off type opportunity for Kaltenback if he rises to the occasion and is ready to be a varsity starter a team with high expectations. Does anyone have the full slate of games being played?

1500.jpg

As discussed earlier I see the Cloud kid being moved around on offense, still young so I would be interested in seeing how he grows as he gets older. The Cloud family genes usually produce bigger kids so if he gets some size he could be an important piece for the next few years. A lot of need for skills too so he will probably need to play on defense too. Good to see him running track, I would like to see more skill guys run track in the spring not only because of the speed structured practices but it also gives the kids FAT times which the NCAA guys love to see so they get an accurate feel for speed.
Just an FYI for everyone I’m about 99% sure Eric isn’t part of the same Cloud/Goode family.

Bene Basketball … I hope Coach Salata has a few solid players coming in that can play varsity next season , because there is nothing on this JV team that excites me. Freshmen are solid , but none of them will be ready for varsity next season . He needs to work some magic because this varsity is absolutely horrendous.

Bene Basketball … I hope Coach Salata has a few solid players coming in that can play varsity next season , because there is nothing on this JV team that excites me. Freshmen are solid , but none of them will be ready for varsity next season . He needs to work some magic because this varsity is absolutely horrendous.
I think we all expected to be this bad so I’m not too worried about this year, and all I’m asking for next year is just a step. Maybe get to .500 and have some solid freshman players and win a playoff game or 2. I’m excited to see what kind of players the 2 freshmen who got called up to JV will be both on the court and on the football field. Could be 2 kids who see some time at those open receiver positions.

I think we all expected to be this bad so I’m not too worried about this year, and all I’m asking for next year is just a step. Maybe get to .500 and have some solid freshman players and win a playoff game or 2. I’m excited to see what kind of players the 2 freshmen who got called up to JV will be both on the court and on the football field. Could be 2 kids who see some time at those open receiver positions.
You can already see good habits being created by this team. They hustle, try to wipe the glass, and chase loose balls. Which is why they have already won more games than last year. Unfortunately, the coaches can’t play and you’re typically only as good as your roster so upgrading that will be a focal point for Salata and his staff for the next few years. Rebuilds are tough, but they are extremely rewarding and give you strong credibility as a coach. Everyone wants Benedictine to return to The Top 25. It’s just more fun in NEO when they are up there with the other top programs!

You can already see good habits being created by this team. They hustle, try to wipe the glass, and chase loose balls. Which is why they have already won more games than last year. Unfortunately, the coaches can’t play and you’re typically only as good as your roster so upgrading that will be a focal point for Salata and his staff for the next few years. Rebuilds are tough, but they are extremely rewarding and give you strong credibility as a coach. Everyone wants Benedictine to return to The Top 25. It’s just more fun in NEO when they are up there with the other top programs!
Yes. Not trying to rip the program , as I get this is a rebuild . I guess I am curious to see if he can bring any kids in for immediate help for next season .

Does anyone know if HOC is staying D2 or could they drop to D3? When is that decision made?

I am unsure. I think re-classification period has ended. Believe it’s up to the school to submit paperwork to OHSAA at the administrator level. I sure hope we did this because there are schools with 2-2.5 times more boys than us in the same Division. Both public and private.

Last edited:
In other news, they demolished the Brother Ted Spirit Bridge today! Construction is officially underway on the new school entrance and atrium! More good news and momentum at The Home of Champions!

FABDD42E-9FCD-4C9F-AABB-4823F1893117.jpeg
9C525CF5-CEE8-449C-9717-0398576BAC8E.jpeg

I suppose educators at Benedictine have to watch over kids 24/7. We haven't had any trouble on campus and our young men come and go from campus without incident .

Last edited by a moderator:
Least our detractors point out

-Jerome Baker (Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee - Highest reward one can get in football)

-Chuck Noll (4-Time Super Bowl winning Coach. One of the best NFL Coaches of all time)

-The Russo Brothers (Directors of the Marvel Movie, The Avengers Franchise)

-Terry Pluto (Sports writer)

-Rich Paul (CEO and Founder of Klutch Sports. Represents LeBron James and many high profile athletes)

-James “Jim” Trueman (Founder of the Red Roof Inn and TrueSports Racing who won the 1986 Indianapolis 500)

-Cautius Clay (Award Winning R&B Singer)

-DJ Steph Floss (Cleveland DJ. In house DJ for the CLE Browns and Cavaliers)

-Najee Goode (Super Bowl Champion)

-Ron Trzcinski (President and Founder of The Original Mattress Factory)

-Tom Weiskopf (US & British Open Winner. Famous golf course architect)

-Bishop Roger Gries (Bishop of Cleveland)

-Mike Easler (1979 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Champion)

-16 Total NFL Players (5th most in Ohio HS History)

-8 State Football Championships (4th most in Ohio and the only school in Ohio History to win one in each of the last five decades)

-2 State Basketball Championships

And so many more unrecognized names on this list that deserve tons of credit for being outstanding Men of Benedictine

Last edited:
Another recent Alumni who might not be getting as much attention as he should is former Bengal track star Chaz Bottoms ‘13 who’s had a great start to his career as an animator working with the likes of Nike, Snapchat, and some of the largest record labels in the world. He’s now going to be directing his own musical television show on Cartoon Network.

Least our detractors point out

-Jerome Baker (Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee - Highest reward one can get in football)

-Chuck Noll (4-Time Super Bowl winning Coach. One of the best NFL Coaches of all time)

-The Russo Brothers (Directors of the Marvel Movie, The Avengers Franchise)

-Terry Pluto (Sports writer)

-Rich Paul (CEO and Founder of Klutch Sports. Represents LeBron James and many high profile athletes)

-James “Jim” Trueman (Founder of the Red Roof Inn and TrueSports Racing who won the 1986 Indianapolis 500)

-Cautius Clay (Award Winning R&B Singer)

-DJ Steph Floss (Cleveland DJ. In house DJ for the CLE Browns and Cavaliers)

-Najee Goode (Super Bowl Champion)

-Ron Trzcinski (President and Founder of The Original Mattress Factory)

-Tom Weiskopf (US & British Open Winner. Famous golf course architect)

-Bishop Roger Gries (Bishop of Cleveland)

-Mike Easler (1979 Pittsburgh Steelers World Champion)

-16 Total NFL Players (5th most in Ohio HS History)

-8 State Football Championships (4th most in Ohio and the only school in Ohio History to win one in each of the last five decades)

-2 State Basketball Championships

And so many more unrecognized names on this list that deserve tons of credit for being outstanding Men of Benedictine
Mike Easler was on the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Championship team.

Benedictine is an Outstanding School. Period! The commitment to stay an all-boys inner city Catholic school is commendable. Making a commitment to serve the Buckeye area. Many schools have left the communities they started in. Benedictine stayed. Benedictine Thrived.
Benedictine opened their doors in 1927. Benedictine has flourished for 95 years. I don't see the doors closing anytime soon. I only see the school becoming stronger & stronger. Ora Et Labora.

Benedictine is an Outstanding School. Period! The commitment to stay an all-boys inner city Catholic school is commendable. Making a commitment to serve the Buckeye area. Many schools have left the communities they started in. Benedictine stayed. Benedictine Thrived.
Benedictine opened their doors in 1927. Benedictine has flourished for 95 years. I don't see the doors closing anytime soon. I only see the school becoming stronger & stronger. Ora Et Labora.
Tru dat Findy

Status
Not open for further replies.