2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Baseball up next . I am excited to see Lucas Kaltenbach pitch. First game is Vs St Eds. March 26th. Not sure how the baseball team is supposed to be. If anyone knows, please share.

Basketball is finished. Let’s see what Coach Salata can do. Already rumors he has 4 kids coming in . Not sure if these are players that can come in and help at the varsity level. Wait and see.
I started a baseball thread over on the baseball forums, not much has been said so far. Not sure how to link but I would if I could

RestoreTheRoar

I LOVE these and those AAU jerseys, but these are just alternates, kind of like I've seen some teams wear this past year, right? I think it would be a shame to completely change the uniforms. Will there be a different set of helmets to go with them?

Could not see them abandoning the home baby blue uniforms. Plus those are brand new too and pretty nice. Good questions on helmets but I think those have so much tradition they should never change.

Could not see them abandoning the home baby blue uniforms. Plus those are brand new too and pretty nice. Good questions on helmets but I think those have so much tradition they should never change.
The classic baby blue jerseys and flying b's over white helmets are iconic. The navy blues are sweet though and it would be great to break them out once or twice a year, maybe on homecoming(?), and should get the school even more exposure

RestoreTheRoar

The classic baby blue jerseys and flying b's over white helmets are iconic. The navy blues are sweet though and it would be great to break them out once or twice a year, maybe on homecoming(?), and should get the school even more exposure
Agreed! This showcase game might be a good one to debut!

Neat how they put that in the neckline
CB280290-2AB7-4EF8-8E53-C59335C604DF.jpeg

Auggie

I like the alternative look but more importantly the players and perspective players like this kind of stuff, great for marketing and social media. If it is used for a one off type thing, preferably a home game against someone that Benny has a history with, it can become an annual tradition. The all white uni is still the most classic look, no dedicated home field so it always seems they are on the road rocking this very clean all white look.

As for the helmets cost wise it is a tougher thing to do the entire helmet including base color change for a HS. If they were able to make it work a suggestion would be to do a salute to the Benny vets and safety forces, then have the "Flying B" logo in an American flag design. Older alums would probably be on board with this:

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg

RestoreTheRoar

I like the alternative look but more importantly the players and perspective players like this kind of stuff, great for marketing and social media. If it is used for a one off type thing, preferably a home game against someone that Benny has a history with, it can become an annual tradition. The all white uni is still the most classic look, no dedicated home field so it always seems they are on the road rocking this very clean all white look.

As for the helmets cost wise it is a tougher thing to do the entire helmet including base color change for a HS. If they were able to make it work a suggestion would be to do a salute to the Benny vets and safety forces, then have the "Flying B" logo in an American flag design. Older alums would probably be on board with this:

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg
Auggie: I agree, the whites are my favorite uniform for BENE. Classic, simple, clean. The script is sharp, which is nice that they are putting on this new alternative.

In this day, I do think it helps with the kids and excitement around the program. I guess they would need to be worn in “home” settings since it’s a dark color.

I don’t know if helmets are feasible. I think the top Riddell helmets cost between $225-300 depending how many you order. Given the lifespan, that’s a considerable amount of $$$. Heights has them, but I believe that’s at the cost of the Kelce Brothers. Maybe after another contract, that becomes our Jerome Baker.

Agreed! This showcase game might be a good one to debut!

Neat how they put that in the neckline
View attachment 27041
The new jerseys all seem to have a lot of little details on them, I love it. They should definitely wear them for the showcase, in my opinion, and then wear them for homecoming or bring back a rivalry like Latin or LC and have both teams wear colored jerseys.

A3ke1JhCEAEkWkF.jpg
The price of one set of helmets is high enough as it is, but it would be cool if they did a full color rush.

Findy15

This was some of the wrestling uniforms from back in 2018. It attracted several student athletes to the program.

Attachments

• BENEDICTINE-2022.JPG
    BENEDICTINE-2022.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 13

Findy15

With the Benedictine B. I thought these would make a good change up.

Attachments

• A NORTH CAROLINA.jpg
    A NORTH CAROLINA.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2

RestoreTheRoar

With the Benedictine B. I thought these would make a good change up.

I just don’t see a way an alternate helmet comes into play here. It’s very expensive.

$250 x 70 players = $17,500 plus freight and tax. And helmets don’t last forever. Would only get a few wears.

I think uniforms are a better way to go

fr willie

I just don’t see a way an alternate helmet comes into play here. It’s very expensive.

$250 x 70 players = $17,500 plus freight and tax. And helmets don’t last forever. Would only get a few wears.

The helmets last longer than you would think they get reconditioned every year. The jerseys, the alternate ones, were purchased by Christian Hannah.

RestoreTheRoar

The helmets last longer than you would think they get reconditioned every year. The jerseys, the alternate ones, were purchased by Christian Hannah.

Really? I always believed helmets lasted 4-7 years depending on if they pass reconditioning.

I suppose I just love the traditional white helmets and don’t want them to change!

That’s the same person who did the jerseys last year right?

Arcy26

Really? I always believed helmets lasted 4-7 years depending on if they pass reconditioning.

I suppose I just love the traditional white helmets and don’t want them to change!

That’s the same person who did the jerseys last year right?
Chrome Helmets are extremely costly to maintain as the paint chips off very easily and has to be replaced weekly.

Last edited:

Findy15

Not that I thought that Benedictine would approve these. Just a completely different look. I think Chrome helmets are more like $550 each. Would take a huge donation to purchase these. Don't like the word never...but the likelihood of these ever coming to the Bengals is not a reality.

fr willie

Several years ago I saw plans for a new entrance to the gym and remodel of gym lobby. What ever happened to that?
The new entrance to the main building that will be connecting the science wing is in full construction mode to be finished by October 2022. The gym lobby and entrance are sufficient for the time being and I've never seen that on the recent construction plans.

Auggie

Lol. What is the "fundraising" REALLY for?
You have to be kidding me, you are not familiar with Gala season? I guess there are not too many of these things in your corner of the world.

Most Private/Catholic schools have some sort of big fundraising deal in the spring, these use to be black tie events complete with top shelf bars so attendees can get liquored up and bid on cool auction items like a suite at a pro sports game or a various memorabilia. (The black ties may be gone but the liquor and auctions remain.) The prep schools have this thing down to a science and raise massive $s with rich folks trying to out do each other during the auction part, Benny doesn't quite play in this arena but then again they do well for a traditionally middle class school. By the way, not a dime of any of these types of fund raisers end up in the athletic departments, folks that attend are usually the smarty pants alums who have done well and want to give students the resources so they get a chance also to excel in the classroom and gain life skills.

That wasn't my point, although my point has been made.
My education was funded by the Gala among other events, so forgive me if I am missing something but what point are you making? Is it that schools like Bene need to have fundraisers to barely stay afloat while Massillon uses taxpayer money for their sports and have the Department of Education pay a coach's wife 6 digits a year to keep him in town? Is that you point?

Just.here

Congratulation to Nick Abounader & Jake Dolan for qualifying for the 2022 State Wrestling Championships in Columbus this weekend!
Good Luck! Give 'em your Best!
Looks likes Abounader got a good draw with some of the top guys on the other side of the bracket. If things go right he should just have a third chance against the kid from buckeye in the finals.