2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference, the final season. Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Lima Senior

• Oregon Clay

• Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Toledo Notre Dame

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Toledo St. Ursula

• Toledo Whitmer

• Total voters
Lol wait. So she still had Clay, Dames, and Vaughn in at the horn up 40. Way to keep it classy, Queen.
Probably because it was a college showcase with a ton of scouts/coaches and she wanted her kids to get more exposure?

Lady Irish were down 1 at the half to Findlay, escape the trap game 43-34. I'm assuming that slow start is them adjusting to Baer's absence on the team. IMO, better midseason than right before playoffs. At the very least they'll get a chance to develop their bench before the playoffs arrive and they'll need to utilize more than just five players if they want to make a serious run towards state.

Lady Irish were down 1 at the half to Findlay, escape the trap game 43-34. I'm assuming that slow start is them adjusting to Baer's absence on the team. IMO, better midseason than right before playoffs. At the very least they'll get a chance to develop their bench before the playoffs arrive and they'll need to utilize more than just five players if they want to make a serious run towards state.
I was wondering how this one would turn out. Myers from Findlay is a really good big. I have wondered if Central runs into a team with a big that can slow down BK just a little bit and a team with a scrappy enough guard to take away Clay… how will the rest of the kids respond without Baer there as that 3rd big distributor. I think Findlay has some good depth and good players, but I’m guessing they didn’t have anyone that could slow down Clay?

What the heck? She was one of the best players for the Lady Irish. Sure, Haney is having great success at the helm, but there's been some bizarre things happening within that program lately.
Per the parents. Erika let her get bullied. There is a two page post on her parents FB page. Shows the precursor to the shouting she took from one of their stars. Supposedly again in the locker room. Also supposedly an ongoing pattern. Erika better make a run. She won’t be back. More trouble than what she’s worth.

Per the parents. Erika let her get bullied. There is a two page post on her parents FB page. Shows the precursor to the shouting she took from one of their stars. Supposedly again in the locker room. Also supposedly an ongoing pattern. Erika better make a run. She won’t be back. More trouble than what she’s worth.

I had heard she is very demanding and tough to deal with. But, then again, many varsity level coaches are.

Link?

From what I heard it was a personality conflict between Baer and one of the other players that I wont name. The other player was more agressive in asserting their stance while Baer would be more quiet and non-confrontational. Haney didnt control the situation well and allowed for team drama to win out. There seems to be a lack of chemistry with the group while the coach seems to insist on reminding everyone of her resume, instead of building people up.

Anyways, its what I heard. I hope Central can keep things rolling. On paper, Haney is a great addition. I hope the program can continue to build and thrive.

Kind of what I thought might give Central fits.(a big slowing down BK and a guard playing well with Clay). Holmes was able to slow down BK just enough and Destiny absolutely dominated Clay tonight. 28 big points. Even face guarding at times didn’t help. What a performance.

Very damning stuff. While this is her first head coaching job, she seriously needs to take control and not let egos clash, lest something this inexcusable happens again.

That being said, there is no way CC lets her walk after this season, especially with Vaughn and Clay returning for one last year and a crap load of talent in the pipeline. She has given them results, reviving a program that hadn't won a district or TRAC title since 2015, and is in a position to make a big run towards state if all doesn't fall apart now.
Kind of what I thought might give Central fits.(a big slowing down BK and a guard playing well with Clay). Holmes was able to slow down BK just enough and Destiny absolutely dominated Clay tonight. 28 big points. Even face guarding at times didn’t help. What a performance.
Ross played very well, were on their home court, and wanted it badly. Kudos to the Lady Giants and Coach Vela. Ross's starting 5 has to be one of physically tallest in the area. Robinson 5'5, Cahill 5'7, Johnson 5'8, Holmes 5'11, Wolf 6'2(!!). They will make D1 NWO very fun to watch come playoff time. I'd love to see them

Luckily for the Lady Irish, they are still in the drivers seat. After two tough games (O-G Saturday and Ross Monday), they will face off against SUA (trap game?) and Clay before facing a gauntlet of NDA, Trotwood, and Whitmer (at Whitmer) to round off the regular season.

I think Whitmer can slow down Centrals guards in the battle for a three way tie. Question is can they slow down BK. Tough ask as Shoup gives up speed and size, but should be a fun one

And as far as Erika, what do you mean there is no way? I promise you it’s being talked about. I have not misled anyone in here about anything Central Catholic: recruiting, Smith, Baer.. anything. Everything I said in advance was 100% the truth. It is a fact not an opinion that it is already being talked about.
Will they pull the trigger? That’s yet to be seen.

SUA wont be a trap game. They gave ND fits because of their 6-2 kid. They don’t have the speed to keep it within 20. Clay is easy.
They should be rested up for ND. That will be a good one. Trotwood has zero implications on anything other than the state poll and you should be able to cruise by them anyway. I’d make sure the girls were prepared for that last battle against Whitmer for the TRAC title.

And as far as Erika, what do you mean there is no way? I promise you it’s being talked about. I have not misled anyone in here about anything Central Catholic: recruiting, Smith, Baer.. anything. Everything I said in advance was 100% the truth. It is a fact not an opinion that it is already being talked about.
Will they pull the trigger? That’s yet to be seen.

I heard that many are not happy with her and that she is on thin ice. It's mostly her attitude. She isn't much of a builder, I'm told. It's usually about how when she was in the WNBA or at Notre Dame, she did this or that. That's helpful only to a certain point. Coaching girls is a different animal. You have to improve their playing skills while always keeping confidence high. It's that second part that she is lacking in, from what I have heard.

Interesting draws. A lot of teams “picked on Fremont”. Anthony Wayne passed, let Fremont pick and then went their side 1 vs 2. I probably would have stayed away from Start as well. But then the 6 and 7 Whitmer and NV also went at them.
Can someone from the CC side tell me what in the world happened in the AW division 2 draw?

#1 Why did Central take a play in game with a short bench? Maybe get your bench some time, but why risk another game with a chance for a potential injury to one of your starters?
# 2. Napoleon was the 3 seed. Not having a good year at 7-11, but had a path to play Lake for the Sectional Championship and Rogers in the district. 2 vs 3.
instead they end up playing Central in the sectional championship. So is there bad blood between Napoleon and Central? Did Central pass twice and wait for Napoleon, Or did Napoleon think they have a shot at Central? I don’t get it. Wish I could have been in that meeting. If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the thought process there.

#1 Why did Central take a play in game with a short bench? Maybe get your bench some time, but why risk another game with a chance for a potential injury to one of your starters?
# 2. Napoleon was the 3 seed. Not having a good year at 7-11, but had a path to play Lake for the Sectional Championship and Rogers in the district. 2 vs 3.
instead they end up playing Central in the sectional championship. So is there bad blood between Napoleon and Central? Did Central pass twice and wait for Napoleon, Or did Napoleon think they have a shot at Central? I don’t get it. Wish I could have been in that meeting. If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the thought process there.
IMO outside of CC, Napoleon and Rogers that district is a cakewalk. CC’s JV could probably play Woodward and win by +30. No reason to have any of the starters play past the first half (maybe even first quarter).

That being said, the draw is a head scratcher. FWIW, each time CC played Napoleon it has been an extremely close game. Would not be surprised at any bad blood between the two.

Obviously there is a larger gap between the two this year, but maybe Haney just wanted to jump them now than later? I think something similar happened last year, meaning they played in the district semi and CC played St. Mary’s in the final.

Gotcha. I was leaning towards Erika passed and went at them. Because for Napoleon it doesn’t make sense you can A play Lake for the sectional championship or B play Central. Head scratcher indeed

Central passed, then Rogers passed, Woodward was placed on the board before the draw started as they did not show to the meeting. Napoleon picked third and picked the winner of the Woodward play in game and then for some reason Central picked that spot. Makes no sense as Central is the clear favorite in this district, I wouldn't think they are overly concerned with Rogers and Napoleon is down alot compared to years past.