2022-23 SW D1

Admittedly Total Sour Grapes Comment here due to being a SW OH Fan:

Especially this season for Lakota East, Mason and West Clermont (Kings).
I'm sure it will happen in future for other Regions with 3/4 top teams in state.

Anyone else find it odd that Olmsted Falls and Midview are in same conference but able to play in different regions?
They choose at seeding time which region to go in (NE or NW), not before season, very odd to me.
Shouldn't that advantage be rotated to choose to play in different/adjoining NW region yearly between Cleveland, Columbus and SW OH?
Sidney and Lima are 35 miles apart?? Different Regions.
Medina was in the Sandusky Region NOT Medina Region.

Or should OH move to Sweet Sixteen format like Kentucky?
District Title winners are seeded 1-16 or pre-determined which District title winners they play against in Sweet Sixteen.
Teams from same Region could meet in Finals.
I would love if Ohio went the Ky route. It gets matchups never seen before and they knock it all out in 4 days. To me it's a really fun way to do it.

I would love if Ohio went the Ky route. It gets matchups never seen before and they knock it all out in 4 days. To me it's a really fun way to do it.
Does Kentucky still do the sweet 16 that way? I lived down there years ago, and the local team made the sweet 16. They played Thursday night at 9PM and won, Friday night at 9PM and won, Saturday morning at 10AM and won, then had the state championship game Saturday night at 8PM....They had to play Logan County in the finals, and by Saturday night they were done.....It was great for the fans, but 4 games in 48 hours was too much.

Does Kentucky still do the sweet 16 that way? I lived down there years ago, and the local team made the sweet 16. They played Thursday night at 9PM and won, Friday night at 9PM and won, Saturday morning at 10AM and won, then had the state championship game Saturday night at 8PM....They had to play Logan County in the finals, and by Saturday night they were done.....It was great for the fans, but 4 games in 48 hours was too much.
Yes,

That's how they do it. I'm fine with the games since everyone is on the same playing field.

Hicks Leaving to Purcell or Hicks going with assistant coach to MND?
Hicks would be better going to Purcell. As much as disagree with some of Mosley’s antics, he gets it done.

And if it’s the same assistant I’m thinking if, wears the hat and was HC at Madeira. MND is really hurting for candidates.

Hicks Leaving to Purcell or Hicks going with assistant coach to MND?
I don't see her/her parents reasoning here...seems like she's being given bad advice. She's going to transfer to a private and have to sit the 2nd half + tourney ban for her senior season? I mean she's already committed so does she really just not care to play or is she thinking she'll play Nov/Dec and graduate early and enroll at OSU in Jan when she would otherwise be sitting? Or is someone telling her she'll get a transfer exception (which is unlikely, there are none that she would qualify for, and if to MND would be obvious 'following a coach' which is specifically called out in the OHSAA bylaws as not getting the exception).

I assumed she would leave WC so that is not a surprise, she was only there bc of the Henry boys who were since pulled out, but her choices are a surprise because the only way for her to play her full senior year is to move into a closed enrollment district or enroll in an open enrollment school.

Hicks would be better going to Purcell. As much as disagree with some of Mosley’s antics, he gets it done.

And if it’s the same assistant I’m thinking if, wears the hat and was HC at Madeira. MND is really hurting for candidates.
Whats wrong with that assistant? If its the one we are all thinking of doesn’t he have many big time aau connections that would help MND get kids.

Whats wrong with that assistant? If its the one we are all thinking of doesn’t he have many big time aau connections that would help MND get kids.
His aau connections ? you mean the guy that runs the old sports city u team now Legends u? probablly not the best guy you want to bring around a program with his past, especially a program like mnd.

WasHearing a lot of things out of West Clermont...

Anyone know what's going on there?
The student population at West Clermont has exceeded building space, they were forced to close enrollment. Even though Hicks lives only three miles away from WCHS she is technically in New Richmond School District, so she was no longer allowed to attend WC. If they would have made an exception for her it would have opened up a big old can of worms. Her choices came down to New Richmond or Purcell....

The student population at West Clermont has exceeded building space, they were forced to close enrollment. Even though Hicks lives only three miles away from WCHS she is technically in New Richmond School District, so she was no longer allowed to attend WC. If they would have made an exception for her it would have opened up a big old can of worms. Her choices came down to New Richmond or Purcell....
You sure this reasoning is on the up and up because according to teachers in the building they are not becoming a closed enrollment district. The district has some overcrowding in the old elementary schools and is reducing out of district enrollments in those buildings, but open enrollment has always and continues to be a case by case basis. Next year's application and the order of priority of whom can enroll is on their website and current enrolled students are priority #2 ahead of even teachers kids and behind only district residents, but it doesn't even matter because the high school is not at, much less over, capacity so WC is not making any rising seniors find new schools. More likely she just wants to transfer, which is totally fine, but that's why the transfer rules are in place.

You sure this reasoning is on the up and up because according to teachers in the building they are not becoming a closed enrollment district. The district has some overcrowding in the old elementary schools and is reducing out of district enrollments in those buildings, but open enrollment has always and continues to be a case by case basis. Next year's application and the order of priority of whom can enroll is on their website and current enrolled students are priority #2 ahead of even teachers kids and behind only district residents, but it doesn't even matter because the high school is not at, much less over, capacity so WC is not making any rising seniors find new schools. More likely she just wants to transfer, which is totally fine, but that's why the transfer rules are in place.
You know more about the situation than I do. I'm just going on what players and coaches at West Clermont, and coaches and teachers at New Richmond have told me. West Clermont is closed enrollment.