2022-23 SW D1

I'd say Princeton is the team to beat. Mason, Lakota East, MND, and West Clermont(with their new transfer) being contenders. West will be very young but very talented. ECC will be good from top top bottom again with Turpin, Kings, Walnut, Milford, WW, and Loveland chasing WC. Of course this could all change with a transfer here or there.

The WC transfer is Chris Henry's stepdaughter, she moved to the area now too and joins the Henry boys at West Clermont, and the WC assistant coach pulled her into his AAU club right away, rising junior class but WC will be her third high school team in 3 years. She's a solid player and will elevate WC's potential for sure but will be interesting to see how much success that translates to on the court with the team and coaches.

The WC transfer is Chris Henry's stepdaughter, she moved to the area now too and joins the Henry boys at West Clermont, and the WC assistant coach pulled her into his AAU club right away, rising junior class but WC will be her third high school team in 3 years. She's a solid player and will elevate WC's potential for sure but will be interesting to see how much success that translates to on the court with the team and coaches.
I don't understand your last statement. She sounds big time. Have you seen her? What is her name?

Winton Woods played a lot of freshman and sophomore’s, if they can play up to and past their potential, they could have a nice year.
I see Princeton being probably the most dangerous team in swo, they have the pieces to really do damage.
Of course Mason will always be in the hunt with their young talent and very good coaching.

I don't understand your last statement. She sounds big time. Have you seen her? What is her name?

The thread I was responding to was asking who is going to challenge for SW D1 not whether or not the WC transfer was a big time player. All I said was it will be interesting to see how it actually plays out on the court for WC. She's been a 'big time player' on perennial state championship teams in NC alongside McDonald All Americans, and she's on the best AAU team in this city while developing under her future WC coach so certainly a name we'll be hearing this season (hence why I brought her up) but even so I think it just remains to be seen how things will change for WC...rather than saying they were going to be immediate contenders to challenge for SW D1, they are coming off a 10-13 season and not even contending for ECC champs last year afterall, I went with "wait and see" nothing else meant by it.

Even if WC becomes a 'contender' with the addition of Hicks though, I think this year will be Princeton's to lose.

Last edited:
The thread I was responding to was asking who is going to challenge for SW D1 not whether or not the WC transfer was a big time player. All I said was it will be interesting to see how it actually plays out on the court for WC. She's been a 'big time player' on perennial state championship teams in NC alongside McDonald All Americans, and she's on the best AAU team in this city while developing under her future WC coach so certainly a name we'll be hearing this season (hence why I brought her up) but even so I think it just remains to be seen how things will change for WC...rather than saying they were going to be immediate contenders to challenge for SW D1, they are coming off a 10-13 season and not even contending for ECC champs last year afterall, I went with "wait and see" nothing else meant by it.

Even if WC becomes a 'contender' with the addition of Hicks though, I think this year will be Princeton's to lose.
Yes. Great points. Sometimes having transfers works out and sometimes it doesn't.

So who do we got in the top 3 in each league?

GMC - Princeton, Mason, Lakota East
ECC - West Clermont, Turpin, Walnut Hills
GGCL - MND and no clue
SWOC - Talawanda, Edgewood, Ross

So who do we got in the top 3 in each league?

GMC - Princeton, Mason, Lakota East
ECC - West Clermont, Turpin, Walnut Hills
GGCL - MND and no clue
SWOC - Talawanda, Edgewood, Ross
I agree with that list. I think it’s wild how much the GGCL has fallen off in recent years. I would also think kings could compete for a top 3 spot in the ECC as well.

yes. princeton will be almost unbeatable in this area. They were already the team to beat and now add a big time player
Yes, confirmed Gerton is at Princeton now. With the addition of her and the Franscisco girl from MND nobody is going to touch Princeton in this region. Mason, MND and West Clermont all chasing them.

Agreed! Will be interesting to see if they get transfer exemptions from sitting out the second half and tournament though. The 'bona fide move into the district' exemption isn't as straightforward when it comes to private-to-public transfers. Recall Prows went from private to public last year and Mason doesn't have open enrollment so she would have had a bona fide move into the district to be there, yet she was still denied the exemption.

Predictions for gmc, ecc, ggcl, and swoc? gmc is extremely top heavy again, ecc will be good again from top to bottom. Does anyone see anyone in the 5-10 in gmc or 5-8 in ecc stepping up and contending with top teams?

GMC
1. Princeton-best team in city(maybe state)
2. Mason
3. Lakota East
4. Lakota West
5-10 not sure anyone else will be any good

ECC
1. West Clermont
2. Walnut Hills
3. Turpin
4. Kings
5-8 Loveland, Lebanon, Milford, Winton Woods in some order
9-10 Little Miami and Anderson

GGCL
1. MND
2-5 anyone have much??

SWOC
1. Talawanda by a wide margin
2-5 Edgewood, Harrison, Ross, Mt. Healthy in some order
6. Northwest

I heard West Clermont lost some athletes off their fall teams because the school board limited open enrollment. Will they lose basketball players as well?

Predictions for gmc, ecc, ggcl, and swoc? gmc is extremely top heavy again, ecc will be good again from top to bottom. Does anyone see anyone in the 5-10 in gmc or 5-8 in ecc stepping up and contending with top teams?

GMC
1. Princeton-best team in city(maybe state)
2. Mason
3. Lakota East
4. Lakota West
5-10 not sure anyone else will be any good

ECC
1. West Clermont
2. Walnut Hills
3. Turpin
4. Kings
5-8 Loveland, Lebanon, Milford, Winton Woods in some order
9-10 Little Miami and Anderson

GGCL
1. MND
2-5 anyone have much??

SWOC
1. Talawanda by a wide margin
2-5 Edgewood, Harrison, Ross, Mt. Healthy in some order
6. Northwest
Talawanda was a talented group last year and only graduated one. They will certainly win the SWOC but can they be a factor in the tournament is a big question. They'll need to schedule tougher in the conference.