2022-23 GCL Co-Ed Baseball

Welcome back to another exciting year of GCL Co-Ed baseball! I would say that a lot is going to change from last year but I would be lying to you. Badin reloaded again (shockingly) and is poised to win their 35th GCL title in 36 years. Seemingly the only team with a shot to compete with Badin this year is the CJ Eagles. They lost 4 starters, none of which were their main pitchers or impact hitters in the lineup. They return arguably 3 of the best players in the conference in JP Peltier, Jackson Frasure, and Patrick Gonter-Dray, and are poised to make a deep playoff run. Next up are the Fenwick Falcons. Fenwick had a very odd year in 2022 splitting their series with Badin and CJ but somehow getting swept by Alter including a devastating senior night loss. They return the Ace of their staff in Carson Sova but graduated a few depth pieces in their lineup as well as losing their head coach and pitching coach. It appears that they will have another mediocre season with a potentially deep playoff run on the back of Carson Sova. Next are the McNick Rockets. This is a team that was really getting stomped in their first few GCL games but had a late-season resurgence. They graduated a few pitchers but returned the majority of their offensive production. This McNick team will go as far as their offense will take them because due to the lack of pitching they will have to have stellar fielding and hitting to compete in many of their games. Also, an important note is that McNick was moved up to D2 making their playoff games much more difficult. Next up is the Alter Knights. I don't know quite what to make of this team this year as they graduated 3 seniors including their ace but none of them were the main contributors to the offense. In fact, one of these seniors went 0 for his first 27 at-bats (not a typo). While losing their ace Alter still returns 2 formidable arms in Sam Miller and Grant Tabar but will have to have some underclassmen step up for this rotation. Alter has had a core of 6 players starting varsity since their sophomore year so with the move to D3 it just feels like a now-or-never year for the Knights. Last and resoundingly least is the Carrol Patriots. They got kicked around the dumps of the conference last year and somehow managed to lose 12 seniors while not having the numbers to field a JV team. I'm not entirely sure if they plan on combining the baseball and softball teams this year, but either way, the future looks pretty bleak for the Pats.

Pre-Season Predictions
Badin (8-2 GCL)
CJ (7-3 GCL)
Fenwick (5-5 GCL)
Alter (5-5 GCL)
McNick (3-7 GCL)
Carroll (0-10 GCL)

Last edited:

Welcome back to another exciting year of GCL Co-Ed baseball! I would say that a lot is going to change from last year but I would be lying to you. Badin reloaded again (shockingly) and is poised to win their 35th GCL title in 36 years. Seemingly the only team with a shot to compete with Badin this year is the CJ Eagles. They lost 4 starters, none of which were their main pitchers or impact hitters in the lineup. They return arguably 3 of the best players in the conference in JP Peltier, Jackson Frasure, and Patrick Gonter-Dray, and are poised to make a deep playoff run. Next up are the Fenwick Falcons. Fenwick had a very odd year in 2022 splitting their series with Badin and CJ but somehow getting swept by Alter including a devastating senior night loss. They return the Ace of their staff in Carson Sova but graduated a few depth pieces in their lineup as well as losing their head coach and pitching coach. It appears that they will have another mediocre season with a potentially deep playoff run on the back of Carson Sova. Next are the McNick Rockets. This is a team that was really getting stomped in their first few GCL games but had a late-season resurgence. They graduated a few pitchers but returned the majority of their offensive production. This McNick team will go as far as their offense will take them because due to the lack of pitching they will have to have stellar fielding and hitting to compete in many of their games. Also, an important note is that McNick was moved up to D2 making their playoff games much more difficult. Next up is the Alter Knights. I don't know quite what to make of this team this year as they graduated 3 seniors including their ace but none of them were the main contributors to the offense. In fact, one of these seniors went 0 for his first 27 at-bats (not a typo). While losing their ace Alter still returns 2 formidable arms in Sam Miller and Grant Tabar but will have to have some underclassmen step up for this rotation. Alter has had a core of 6 players starting varsity since their sophomore year so with the move to D3 it just feels like a now-or-never year for the Knights. Last and resoundingly least is the Carrol Patriots. They got kicked around the dumps of the conference last year and somehow managed to lose 12 seniors while not having the numbers to field a JV team. I'm not entirely sure if they plan on combining the baseball and softball teams this year, but either way, the future looks pretty bleak for the Pats.

Pre-Season Predictions
Badin (8-2 GCL)
CJ (7-3 GCL)
Fenwick (5-5 GCL)
Alter (5-5 GCL)
McNick (3-7 GCL)
Carroll (0-10 GCL)
1. Badin
2. CJ
3. Fenwick
4. McNick
5. Alter

6. Badin JV

7. St. Ritas school for the deaf

8. Every men's softball team ever

36,354. Carroll *if they have a team

Pre-Season Predictions
Badin (8-2 GCL)
CJ (7-3 GCL)
Fenwick (5-5 GCL)
Alter (5-5 GCL)
McNick (3-7 GCL)
Carroll (0-10 GCL)
What pitching coach did Fenwick lose?

And they have graduated every single player on that team including their bench players plus their coach retired.
My point being everyone bangs on their program and they were in the regional two years ago. Fenwick was last in the regional in 15, Mcnick in 21, Alter ?

My point being everyone bangs on their program and they were in the regional two years ago. Fenwick was last in the regional in 15, Mcnick in 21, Alter ?
We're not saying Alter is good, cause they aren't. Carroll graduated 12 seniors and still weren't great last year. Do we know if they can even field a team this year? I'm confident they will but it can be a very rough next few years for their program.

I would say anyone from Alter shouldn't be criticizing another program in the GCL. CJ sure, Badin sure, Alter? Last winning seasonal record was in 2012 according to the league website. School has athletes as well. Just seems odd.

I would say anyone from Alter shouldn't be criticizing another program in the GCL. CJ sure, Badin sure, Alter? Last winning seasonal record was in 2012 according to the league website. School has athletes as well. Just seems odd.
None of us here said Alter was good. We are just pointing out the fact that Carroll may not have a team this year because they hardly had the numbers last year and graduated 12.

Another guy worth mentioning for CJ is Charlie Hoagland. 1.832 ERA and 56 K’s as a freshman. I wanna say he had a no hitter?

Another guy worth mentioning for CJ is Charlie Hoagland. 1.832 ERA and 56 K’s as a freshman. I wanna say he had a no hitter?
He did, total stud and he has already improved so much, one of the best curveballs I have seen, can't believe I forgot him.

The quietest I’ve ever seen this feed. 🦗🦗
Have to believe Badin CJ and Fenwick are the favorites.
They were the best 3 last year. Has anything changed from that? Frankly, top to bottom has anything changed much in the whole league from last year?

I'm excited to see how Fenwick plays with the loss of their catchers and lack of depth in experience on the field and on the mound

Fenwick beat Middletown in a scrimmage yesterday. Take that for what it is worth, it was a scrimmage. Not sure what arms threw for both teams.

How has Fenwick fared in their other scrimmages. I saw they scrimmaged Princeton, any others.

Fenwick and Waynesville end in a 0-0 tie
Incomplete game. Fenwick scored 5 in the top of the 7th. Game got postponed due to rain with 2 outs in top of 7th, Fenwick up 5-0 and runners on 1st and 3rd.

What happens with that? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited: