2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe pieces were there to build on, a better coach would have won 2 titles prior to Powers taking over and maybe 3 in a row with a Powers type coach. When they hired JR they took him over a former hs & college coach that was on the browns staff with Belechik?? That would have be the better path for the school

My point was that without the talent Rotsky brought in Powers would have never won a title and I think that is clear as day. However, you have to admit Rotsky is a good coach or a good recruiter, you cannot say he is neither because you personally don’t like the guy.

My point was that without the talent Rotsky brought in Powers would have never won a title and I think that is clear as day. However, you have to admit Rotsky is a good coach or a good recruiter, you cannot say he is neither because you personally don’t like the guy.
I asked a polite question about why he does not like him and got the "research my past posts on the subject'' bs because he will argue in the corner into a paper bag, but would rather throw a temper tantrum than just state his case to me. I'm a good guy on this site until you show me communism (political forum) ,or act out with an attitude. Then I will sling it with the best of them. We can do the civil thing ,or we can get down and play in the mud. I'm game!!!! Your call. He sounds like a bitter Alumnae of Channel or a close compadre of someone who thinks they got effed over by Rotsky in the past. '' The lady doth protest to much'' as quoted by Shakespeare.

Education is better......hilarious!!!!!!!
Do some research. VASJ was always a place to receive a fine education. Benedictine is as well. You make it seem as though VASJ is a second rate joke that any hack can coast through. What is your end game here? Too many new members all of the sudden . Multiple log in's from one disgruntled member ? AXE to Grind should be your new name. So I christen they in the name of the almighty!!! So it shall be written.......So it shall be done!!!

Do some research. VASJ was always a place to receive a fine education. Benedictine is as well. You make it seem as though VASJ is a second rate joke that any hack can coast through. What is your end game here? Too many new members all of the sudden . Multiple log in's from one disgruntled member ? AXE to Grind should be your new name. So I christen they in the name of the almighty!!! So it shall be written.......So it shall be done!!!
Oh booyyyyyyyy !!

I wasn't putting down VASJ....I just thought it was funny the post from BaldEagle stating VASJ was better when Benedictine is a college prep school

Education is better......hilarious!!!!!!!
I’m not knocking Benedictine but I will tell you that around six years ago VASJ upped its game and increased its standards for acceptance. VASJ also implemented a new and much more rigorous science and math curriculum. As a result it is now recognized as one of the top college preparatory school in northeast Ohio. VASJ is an excellent school with tremendous rigor, they are better ranked than Benedictine and Lake Catholic now. These are not opinions but realities.

I’m not knocking Benedictine but I will tell you that around six years ago VASJ upped its game and increased its standards for acceptance. VASJ also implemented a new and much more rigorous science and math curriculum. As a result it is now recognized as one of the top college preparatory school in northeast Ohio. VASJ is an excellent school with tremendous rigor, they are better ranked than Benedictine and Lake Catholic now. These are not opinions but realities.
Yet both VASJ and Benedictine are no where close to St Edward in academics and athletics .

I’ve heard that Euclid is not allowing St Joe’s to use the stadium this year. Any truth to that?
Sounds accurate, I heard they will be playing at Wickliffe this season. Wickliffe is putting in a new turf field part of their campus renovations.

What about this year?
Definitely not, there have been talks for years about hosting games at the school way before I went to Joe’s. The school did announce a 5.5 million dollar campaign to renovate the school as well as other scholarships for students which looks like they with succeed which the building needs it. It will be tricky with the layout of the field, track, and parking lot. Maybe in a few years, maybe?

Definitely not, there have been talks for years about hosting games at the school way before I went to Joe’s. The school did announce a 5.5 million dollar campaign to renovate the school as well as other scholarships for students which looks like they with succeed which the building needs it. It will be tricky with the layout of the field, track, and parking lot. Maybe in a few years, maybe?
How can they with the Hospice of The Western Reserve right behind the track and the Hospital next to that?

How can they with the Hospice of The Western Reserve right behind the track and the Hospital next to that?
That’s the tricky thing with everything, there would have to be an agreement between Hospice and the school. With David Simpson House sitting where the visiting seats would go, it would be tricky. The best option is to partner with Hospice to build a field on the lot next door where the Christian Life Center once stood. They allowed the baseball team to build mounds in the back for pitching. But that is the only logical way of putting a field in.

Would love to hear if that has legs to it. There are two stadiums......Sparky and Euclid community stadium. Interesting.
I’ve heard the same thing where Euclid is being petty towards Rotsky and denying access. Rumor is VASJ will be playing at Wickliffe for the 2021 season. And Wickliffe is installing a new turf field.

How many football transfers so far? Honest question. How many are coming from Euclid? This could be a reason Euclid would deny VASJ use of field. Irony is they had no issue with transfers when JR was taking them.

How many football transfers so far? Honest question. How many are coming from Euclid? This could be a reason Euclid would deny VASJ use of field. Irony is they had no issue with transfers when JR was taking them.
Rotsky will bring in a ton of kids from Euclid. I’m sure he’ll have some condos so kids from far away can stay and go to VASJ as well.

Honestly I’m not sure. Sure there is a handful. Looks like about a 100 kids are going to be on the team, that’s based on work out photos from their Twitter account. I’m curious to see the roster when the season starts.

I was referencing the state title team that won the title in 2001, the seniors and juniors who would have been there after all those guys you mentioned. Simply stating if Rotsky wasn’t there they wouldn’t have won the state championship. What I find amazing is that a coach came into a school with a 48-game losing streak and then a school with a 20 game losing streak and completely turned them into consistent winners and you want to accredit it to other circumstances.
In the coaching community Rotzky is viewed as a wolf in sheep’s clothing and a self promoter. Does he do some good along the way, yes. So if a school is willing to accept some of the bad with the good then so be it. He is not someone l, unless he’s changed, I would want my kid to play for. But it’s worked where he’s been. I liken this fit to Andy Hoke at Youngstown Valley Christian.

Saw the News Herald post the area schedules, looks like VASJ will be playing all but one of their home games at Case Western Reserve and the final game vs Padua at Wickliffe.
1D5D9FAF-F0DF-42E5-A095-9710C9CEA0CD.jpeg

Just saw on VASJ’s social media pages that they were running a fundraiser for the football team. They are about to hit their goal. But the impressive thing I’ve seen is the team will have “approximately” 110 kids on the roster with 40 of them being freshman. This time 10-11 years ago when I was at VASJ, we were lucky enough to have a team with only having 30 some kids on the roster. I don’t care if some came in via transfer. This is really impressive. This is something that will hopefully allow this program to compete and out of mediocrity they’ve been since 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.