2021 US Open

Auggie

Being played at Torrey Pines which means prime time golf this weekend. A course Phil is very familiar with and the Koepka/DeChambeau feud gets a major treatment. Kind of weird seeing Phil getting golf casual for the practice round.

i

I wonder if he had tunes going in the cart too?

clarkgriswold

It was very odd seeing the players in shorts at a practice round for the PGA.

Nobody is jumping out at me this week. I put a little money on Cantlay, Schauffele and Berger in hopes it is time for one of them to break through in a major.

Qcity

I might take Morikawa from Tier I, and Hovland from Tier II, and then maybe some seasoned guys in the last four tiers.

Auggie

Some good action so far today, course seems very fair by US Open standards.

Also, there is literally a Guido on the leader board.

clarkgriswold

Kind of hoping for Oosthuizen to hang on. He's due and has been playing well this year. He's one of the guys I put money on for the British Open.

Auggie

A lot of fun watching the final round unfold, halfway through it looked like over 10 different players had a legit shot at winning this thing. rahm really was the best player and deserved to win, nailing key puts on 17 & 18 showed he was a deserving champ. It also never stinks too when the best in the world look like the rest of us on a weekend at the local track>.

clarkgriswold

A lot of fun watching the final round unfold, halfway through it looked like over 10 different players had a legit shot at winning this thing. rahm really was the best player and deserved to win, nailing key puts on 17 & 18 showed he was a deserving champ. It also never stinks too when the best in the world look like the rest of us on a weekend at the local track>.

Rahm definitely earned it. He also hit some other nice putts on the back nine that just didn't fall. I thought he blew it when he opted to play out of the trap as he did on 18 but he sure proved me wrong.

irish_buffalo

I used to play monkey in the middle with the green a lot in my early days.

Funny hearing people yell "Brooksy!" every time Bryson hit a shot.