2021 Steubenville Big Red

Win Total?

• Total voters
Inky does have the intangibles to be a great player but he has to catch the ball. He dropped a ton of passes last year. I watched the freshman kid go up against our starting corners and safety’s in practice and he put on a show. His lack of development in route running with the freshman coaches is probably due to the fact they had no QB.
If bugs, hikam, inky, and hill can reach the potential we all think they are capable of then this offense will be deadly

I agree completely with you about Inky. His brother was the same way a few years back. They both have the size and speed, but they’re too mechanical in the way they run routes and catch the ball as opposed to being a natural receiver. They make even the simplest route look like a process, whereas natural receivers, like let’s say a Alec Taylor, make it look easy and fluid.

Great program. Always a tough team for D1. They play a heck of a schedule. OL plays St. X, Glenville, Dublin Coffman, Hillard Davidson, Hillard Bradley. So their schedule speaks for itself.

They win 8-11 games a year. Their the real deal. Heck of an opener. Liberty will probably have close to 100 players on their sideline
Won't wow you with the look test but they get after it. A blue blood program in Columbus. Great coach that has been there since the building opened.

This won’t be the first time a so called juggernaut came into Harding stadium. I think our skill positions can compete with anyone in the state, but in order to win week 1 we have to win in the trenches.

Should be a challenging week 1 game no doubt. Rumor is off season weight training program going well for several OL candidates with good weight gains and improving strength going on. Should have at least 3 lineman 280 lb range or better. This OL development important for 2021 success given the various returning skill position players in the mix and other underclassmen athletes coming up with talent to contribute.

Any word on how Big red is looking going into august?
They look real good! Offense reminds me of 2016, 2017 with all the weapons they have. Qb play has been great. Three headed monster at tb with James, spencer, and bozica. Wr core could be the best since 06. O line looks solid but until the pads come on you don’t really know. Defense looks good with what I think will be an improved secondary. All in all be on alert because Big Red is BACK!

Scrimmage review… Talent on both sides of the ball. Would be fun putting the puzzle pieces together with this group. Literally can do what you want. Have 4-5 capable WRs and 4 capable backs.
A few sophomores made some noise on the line and may get some time by season start on both
Sides.

James went 70 on 1st play. They have 3 others 2 of which are about 230lbs. 1 had a better day than the other but time will tell how they want them to shake out on the D line as well.

QB played well, Definitely put in the work needed. Can make every throw.

Lastly, they won’t lose alot after the year, it’s gonna be fun 2-3 years in Death Valley. That horse is gonna blow fire regularly

Scrimmage review… Talent on both sides of the ball. Would be fun putting the puzzle pieces together with this group. Literally can do what you want. Have 4-5 capable WRs and 4 capable backs.
A few sophomores made some noise on the line and may get some time by season start on both
Sides.

James went 70 on 1st play. They have 3 others 2 of which are about 230lbs. 1 had a better day than the other but time will tell how they want them to shake out on the D line as well.

QB played well, Definitely put in the work needed. Can make every throw.

Lastly, they won’t lose alot after the year, it’s gonna be fun 2-3 years in Death Valley. That horse is gonna blow fire regularly
Frosh looked descent also. The QB also plays MLB which is unusual for big red. From what I understand we have several good years in front of us!

I don’t think it would be a rivalry until louisville can get back to form
That is how you start a rivalry. Beat someone in a big game atmosphere. canfield and Louisville were starting to get a great rivalry going and they are miles apart but the kids treated it like a backyard rivalry.

That is how you start a rivalry. Beat someone in a big game atmosphere. canfield and Louisville were starting to get a great rivalry going and they are miles apart but the kids treated it like a backyard rivalry.
Why would they want to just start a rivalry tho?

When you are not in a league, you need games on the schedule that bring excitement to season. That is a Big reason Fitch and Warren would keep Massillon on the schedule.
I understand that, but Steubenville doesn’t need teams that will bring a huge gate. That whole community shows up regardless lol

I understand that, but Steubenville doesn’t need teams that will bring a huge gate. That whole community shows up regardless lol
I went to a couple Niles vs. Steubenville games and the atmosphere is one of the best, including when they come to your field because the fans are all there. I forget the year but Niles But we beat Big Red with some great defensive plays by Estes, an over the top exciting game for everyone there that night.

LOL! Steubenville’s 6-41-2 record with Massillon Washington is all that needs to be said. Plus, Steubey stopped the series after that infamous 2015 Big Red win. Why haven’t the two schools played since then. In my opinion, the game would not be close.
Big Red put a running clock and dumped Massillon on their heads last time they played. Better worry about Hoban...I heard they're pretty good.