2021 State Tournament Results

Final scores from the two Championship Matches:

Division 2 State Championship:
Bishop Fenwick def. Olentangy 25-22, 25-18, 25-16

Division 1 State Championship:
Archbishop Moeller def. Elder 22-25, 25-20, 25-11, 25-18

That Bradley team might be the most one dimensional team I’ve ever watched, but it clearly works for them to make it as far as they did. Be interesting to know how many swings and kills Gilbert had in comparison to the rest of the team. I can barely remember anyone else swinging.
His stat line against Moeller was 50 kills and 10 errors on 104 attempts.

Wow!!! That is coming off the day before against Jackson where he had 47 kills (not sure how many swings or errors - paper said 47 kills but watching that game I would guess around 100 swings). Would have loved to see him on fresh legs against Moeller as I heard his legs were sore Sunday going into the Moeller game. And by late 3rd and definitely 4th set you could see he was gassed. Not saying Bradley wins but I think the games are a lot closer and might push to 5. Was fun to watch!

Congrats to Moeller!!! And Fenwick!!

50 kills in a match has to be an Ohio state record. Only in 4 sets as well! And to do it against Moeller, the state champion, is unbelievable. Truly in the top echelon of players in Ohio history

50 kills in a match has to be an Ohio state record. Only in 4 sets as well! And to do it against Moeller, the state champion, is unbelievable. Truly in the top echelon of players in Ohio history
It was unbelievable to watch. I have never seen a high school player swing 4 to 4 and hit the 5 foot line with the ease he did it in... If Bradley had just one or two more guys that could take the pressure off of him, they would have been a deadly team.

Honestly my favorite part was after those 104 swings and looking dead tired, he stepped back to the service line and absolutely ripped a jumper. It was match point to Moeller, and decided to bring that out after having floated to save his legs all match prior. Incredible effort put forth by him

Wow. I knew it was a lot, but that’s outrageous. I mean, holy crap lol that’s unbelievable. Hope he has his arm on ice for a week after that. What an individual effort and performance.

Honestly my favorite part was after those 104 swings and looking dead tired, he stepped back to the service line and absolutely ripped a jumper. It was match point to Moeller, and decided to bring that out after having floated to save his legs all match prior. Incredible effort put forth by him
Haha right? That came out of nowhere.