2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final

Versailles 34-8

Only good thing was a Carlisle 60 yard td pass in the 4th. Versailles is a very good ball club. Congrats.
60 yard score on what appeared to be freshman in the 4th with 45 seconds on a running clock. Carlisle 1st 2 drive looked like this was going to be a game but it appears Versailles was just sizing them up getting a feel for them maybe letting them believe they had things to attack them with in the 2nd half cause Versailles came out the 2nd half and took everything they had success with this year away. To their credit if Versailles wanted to attack they could have easily put 50 up. They got a lead and just owned the clock methodically marched down the field running the play clock to under 10 every snap. Credit Carlisle and staff for playing disciplined team football and excelling beyond talented level showed a lot of fight. Versailles owns this region this year unless turn overs or Taron and Carson stay healthy collision course Kirkland/ ironton

How does preble put up 60 points? Maybe I underestimated them. I just can’t buy into Taft. Bellbrook and Eaton it would be stellar to see multiple regional titles getting over these next few weeks will to say the lest be impressive.

Last edited:
I did not realize that Preble Shawnee had given Tri-Village their only loss on the season thus far.

I see them knocking Roger Bacon off and then battling Versailles for the region. Might seem insurmountable, but TV just knocked off New Bremen who only lost to Versailles by a score.

Brookville is poorly coached has bein for years thats your answer
When Monroe played Brooville they looked small and didn’t have a lot of kids in my opinion. We ran them over 33-13. They didn’t look enthusiastic and looked like they didn’t want to be there. I expected more of a fight from them but either we were really good that night or the blue devils were really bad. Not what I expected out of them.

I
by consistent do you mean 7-3 and severely underachieving in the playoffs?
Im gonna say being one of the smallest schools in the SWBL and constantly fielding a competitive team with like you said a winning record. yes I’ll take that seems like they went to regional final in 2015. Solid program

Last edited:
How does that make sense? If I was Bellbrook I’d be pissed. They couldn’t find a single place in or around dayton? Northmont, Trotwood, CJ, Vandalia, Springfield?
Yea I think most of us were expecting a location closer to the Dayton area. Those decisions are out of our control and really means nothing once they tee the ball up. Sidney has a great facility and I anticipate a great high school football game. I’m looking forward to going north Friday night.

Why does a guy that roots for Greenon have such a strong opinion on Brookville? There is no tie there, that is obvious. So, I guess you would say the same thing about Milton?! Tipp?! Etc.
woah now. don't get so offended. It's the fact that they play pretty solid in SWBL league play, but then they get to the playoffs, and lose to teams that they should've blown out (Purcell Marian in 2020, lost to a 19 seed as a 3 seed) and (Williamsburg 2021, lost to an 11 seed as a 6 seed). they have won 2 playoff games under Hetrick, both in 2015 (a very good team with the Wallen kid leading the way).

I have nothing against Brookville or anyone in the community, but they have stuck out the last two years with their playoff performances.

woah now. don't get so offended. It's the fact that they play pretty solid in SWBL league play, but then they get to the playoffs, and lose to teams that they should've blown out (Purcell Marian in 2020, lost to a 19 seed as a 3 seed) and (Williamsburg 2021, lost to an 11 seed as a 6 seed). they have won 2 playoff games under Hetrick, both in 2015 (a very good team with the Wallen kid leading the way).

I have nothing against Brookville or anyone in the community, but they have stuck out the last two years with their playoff performances.
In 2015 the Wallen kid was a soph they was Senior loaded they had 3 other seniors in their backfield that combined for 2500 + yards and 30+ TDs besides his 1300, what I’m confused about is you’re a Greenon fan I would assume you would be the last to cast stones at a program didn’t you guys have a 10 year period when you was like 10 wins and 90 losses? And maybe several sr classes who never had a win? Brookville is a good program I remember when I was in school they always brought a competitive squad like they do now. What about BV has you bothered?

Just confused why someone not from the SWBL coming here taking shots at one of our teams. I know we do it but coming from the outside is different. And Greenon ? Greenon maybe I’m missing something do they have a history? Idk
can't think of another team in the area that has lost to double digit seeds in back to back years ;) that's all

can't think of another team in the area that has lost to double digit seeds in back to back years ;) that's all
Well in fairness, that could only have happened in the last two years.

My opinion of Brookville is always the same. They are always on the smaller side, they always play tough, and they always do what they do well. Hornets21 gives a different evaluation of Brookville from the Monroe game than I would. I saw a team that was clearly outmatched from a size and skill perspective that played hard for four quarters and despite those disadvantages kept Monroe from putting the running clock on. No other DV team in the SWBL has been able to win at the rate and with the consistency that Brookville does.

With all that being said, they have been a letdown in the playoffs the last couple of years. I thought they were one of the sure wins this year and after seeing the beating that Shawnee put on the same team that upset them, I was even more surprised by the loss.

Bellbrook 10
Tipp 7
Half

Bellbrook had crucial fumble at 30 , Tipp scored 2 plays later
Other then that Bellbrook looking solid
Tipp is tough and hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.