2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw some stats out there. Carlisle is typically one dimensional for the most part. Yes they pound the middle but that also opens up the outside. It seems as though we found another dimension....

Kole Larison Stats last 5 games:

20/27 for 302 yards and 7 touchdowns

Doesn't sound like much but this is a totally different team from early on in the season. Our main back is Talon Borders who has rushed for 1,500 yards this year with 14 Touchdowns. We have another back who pounds the ball down your throat. He has 758 yard with 7 touchdowns this year. He's a bigger and stronger back than Borders. Borders is about 5"7 160 but is very fast and shifty.

Just thought i would share some knowledge about Carlisle and what they bring to the table. Hopefully everyone stays safe and goes home healthy! Looking forward to a great game.

Milton would have beaten PS. I think the Dogs are prepared for this season by playing years in the SWBL. I don't think PS finishes 10-0 playing in the Buckeye.
Overall, I think the SWBL was strong this year.

Milton would have beaten PS. I think the Dogs are prepared for this season by playing years in the SWBL. I don't think PS finishes 10-0 playing in the Buckeye.
Overall, I think the SWBL was strong this year.
It’s sad that madison has spiraled down so unbelievable fast. Went from their best teams to their worst in a couple seasons.

Last edited:
I believe, also, that it's cyclical in small school football. The MAC and some select schools aren't that way, but as a rule it is. MU will have a few mediocre years after next year. Next year, I'm expecting a deep run for MU. THIS WHOLE TEAM RETURNS.
Valley View is an away game next year for MU. That will be a helluva test early on.

I believe, also, that it's cyclical in small school football. The MAC and some select schools aren't that way, but as a rule it is. MU will have a few mediocre years after next year. Next year, I'm expecting a deep run for MU. THIS WHOLE TEAM RETURNS.
Valley View is an away game next year for MU. That will be a helluva test early on.
In your opinion what is the secret in the MAC?

AD, Coach, athletes, fans, parents all have a part in a winning or losing season
4 coaches in 4 years falls squarely into the lap of the administration. Really no way to argue any different.

It always surprises me how quickly people forget that Madison was never really a factor in football in the SWBL until the last decade or so. They had exactly zero league titles, zero playoff appearances, and only a handful of winning seasons prior to 2010 or so. The wins they did pick up were almost exclusively against Northridge, Dixie, and Shawnee and then maybe a win against Carlisle or a non-league game or two to push them to 5-5 or 6-4. They had a nice run for about 8 years with a couple of solid groups of kids. The current state of Madison football is more the norm, the last decade was more of the anomaly.

Last edited:
Those Coldwater and Marion Local freshman and sophomore kids get playing time and experience in the playoff games due to blow outs. Sometimes in the Championship game.

4 coaches in 4 years falls squarely into the lap of the administration. Really no way to argue any different.

It always surprises me how quickly people forget that Madison was never really a factor in football in the SWBL until the last decade or so. They had exactly zero league titles, zero playoff appearances, and only a handful of winning seasons prior to 2010 or so. The wins they did pick up were almost exclusively against Northridge, Dixie, and Shawnee and then maybe a win against Carlisle or a non-league game or two to push them to 5-5 or 6-4. They had a nice run for about 8 years with a couple of solid groups of kids. The current state of Madison football is more the norm, the last decade was more of the anomaly.
Coach Poff brought consistency to the program, his departure was the turning point. Madison cannot compete running the offense they currently run. WAY to many interceptions. Need to go back to running game, mobile QB and cut down on mistakes. I know this is a down period for talent but you just can't turn the ball over like they did this year. That won't work when you do have talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.