2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookville was a shocker.
I honestly don't think the CHL is the juggernaut conference everyone thinks it is. The SWBL, really strong showing.

Congrats to the three swbl teams moving on. Wapak at bellbrook, Milton union at Eaton, and Carlisle at Versailles.
At best 2 wins, I can’t see a universe where Carlisle beats Versailles. I expect the other 2 games to be old school hard nosed 17-14 games.

At best 2 wins, I can’t see a universe where Carlisle beats Versailles. I expect the other 2 games to be old school hard nosed 17-14 games.
I agree but if Carlisle can play like they have been for the past two weeks it’ll be interesting but Versailles is tough. Wapak will be a very tough game that might go down to the wire. I see Eaton and mu being a dog fight.

I agree but if Carlisle can play like they have been for the past two weeks it’ll be interesting but Versailles is tough. Wapak will be a very tough game that might go down to the wire. I see Eaton and mu being a dog fight.
I bet Versailles puts a running clock on Carlisle. The Tigers are better than anyone Carlisle has seen this year.
Eaton vs MU will be a great game. Can't wait. Bellbrook vs Wapakoneta will be a good game, but I see Bellbrook moving on.

I bet Versailles puts a running clock on Carlisle. The Tigers are better than anyone Carlisle has seen this year.
Eaton vs MU will be a great game. Can't wait. Bellbrook vs Wapakoneta will be a good game, but I see Bellbrook moving on.
Versailles is a tough team, but people have doubted Carlisle all year. Definitely will be underdog but think they have been that all year. If they continue to play they have the past two weeks they could make it a close game. They have to control line of scrimmage to be successful.

Eaton and Mu will be a great game I think. Should come down to late 4th quarter score either side could pull it out.

Bellbrook and Wapk, I don’t know much about wapk. Bellbrook has been rolling of late and seems to have gotten better each week.

Bless has bet against Carlisle all year. The last two weeks have been the best they have played all year as well. It’s the best time of the season to play your best. Let the haters hate. Let’s hope they show up and make it a game.

At best 2 wins, I can’t see a universe where Carlisle beats Versailles. I expect the other 2 games to be old school

Bless has bet against Carlisle all year. The last two weeks have been the best they have played all year as well. It’s the best time of the season to play your best. Let the haters hate. Let’s hope they show up and make it a game.
Bless Em hates Carlisle, always has, and for all the unwarranted praise comment from the guy earlier in the week, we don't care what anyone thinks. We just go out and play football. Sometimes good sometimed bad but our kids give it their all.

I don't think Bless is hating at all, just being realistic. I'm not sure about a running clock but I would be very surprised if this game is close at all.

I don't think Bless is hating at all, just being realistic. I'm not sure about a running clock but I would be very surprised if this game is close at all.
The MAC is no joke and never has been. Do I see us winning ? No I don’t. If we get the ball first and score first, we need to try and control the clock with long drives. You look at ball control against Waynesville as an example. They ran 20 plays the entire game. 7 of those were in the first half and it was 30-0 at half. That’s exactly what they need to do to keep it manageable. The WV game is probably the best Coaching display I have seen in HS football for a long long time. Not one time we’re any plays questionable. He utilized his time out flawlessly and took every second possible to keep WV off the field and it worked. Kudos to him…he’s one hell of a coach.

Versailles 24
Carlisle 14

that’s with Carlisle managing the clock.

Last edited:
I’m definitely not one to give Carlisle any more than a deserve and am shock that there this, but I also didn’t expect them to be able to put 35 points on the defense that held Wyoming to 24, so I don’t know what’s going on! From what I hear they’re just able to bully the middle of the defensive line, forcing you to overload the box and then exploit the outside now they’ve added apparently some passing to it that sounds like a dangerous combination. Is Versailles big enough own the line of scrimmage and the perimeter against them? I don’t know are they? I haven’t seen them play I know Versailles who they’ve been historically with the triple run well is a different kind of beast.

Yeah you got throw Waynesville out the Window because Waynesville‘s garbage, but I agree with the other two games being very good games. Of course you look great against trash teams, everybody does we’re not talking about a Waynesville here Waynesville like in Northridge no I take that back north ridge is much better team this year. That’s like we dominated Dixie the coach did not make a bad call because everything was working because the teams garbage!! If you want to use an example use the Monroe game that was a good game that was impressive and surprising but you can’t say anything about Waynesville

The MAC is no joke and never has been. Do I see us winning ? No I don’t. If we get the ball first and score first, we need to try and control the clock with long drives. You look at ball control against Waynesville as an example. They ran 20 plays the entire game. 7 of those were in the first half and it was 30-0 at half. That’s exactly what they need to do to keep it manageable. The WV game is probably the best Coaching display I have seen in HS football for a long long time. Not one time we’re any plays questionable. He utilized his time out flawlessly and took every second possible to keep WV off the field and it worked. Kudos to him…he’s one hell of a coach.

Versailles 24
Carlisle 14

R

Versailles 24
Carlisle 14

I'm pulling for the Indians. I hope that they they prove me wrong.

Predictions:
1. Sorry Carlisle fans, however good you think you are, Versailles is better. 38-13 Versailles.
2. Comparing records and schedules has Eaton as the clear favorite, but this game will be less that a 10 point differential. Eaton 27 Milton Union 20.
3. Wapak's conference is terrible besides Van Wert and St Marys. There record makes them look a lot better than they actually are. How do you go into OT against Bath??? Bellbrook Golden Eagles continue to roll 49-14.

No hate of Carlisle. It's just my opinion.
Versailles plays a style of football that Carlisle has not seen. Beating Reading and beating Versailles it's two really different things.
Carlisle has outperformed what many thought they would do, but playing one of the top MAC schools is going to bring them down to earth.
Sorry that Carlisle fans think I hate them. That's not true. Best of luck this week. Versailles 42-12

Eaton would, on paper, seem to be the clear favorite. I'll leave it at that.
Bellbrook will win this week vs St Mary's but it won't be the blow out you think. Bellbrook 28-21.

Last edited:
What happened to Valley View. I saw that they were up 18-0 vs Waverly. Is Waverly that good or did valley view blow it with turnovers and penalties. I thought VV would win.

Wapak @ Bellbrook-Don't know a lot about Wapak, but Bellbrook is really playing well right now. I think they win this game and think they are currently the favorite to meet Badin in the regional final.

Milton Union @ Eaton-I think this will be a low scoring, slobber knocker type game. I'm giving the Eagles the edge at home and because I think they have played a tougher schedule, but I could see the Dawgs pulling this one out.

Carlisle @ Versailles-Carlisle picked up an impressive upset last week and their reward is a top MAC team that many thought had a chance to win a state title before the season. I think Carlisle would need to play their absolute best and Versailles would have to play pretty poorly for the Indians to win this one. Carlisle keeps it close for a quarter, then it gets ugly.

No hate of Carlisle. It's just my opinion.
Versailles plays a style of football that Carlisle has not seen. Beating Reading and beating Versailles it's two really different things.
Carlisle has outperformed what many thought they would do, but playing one of the top MAC schools is going to bring them down to earth.
Sorry that Carlisle fans think I hate them. That's not true. Best of luck this week. Versailles 42-12

Eaton would, on paper, seem to be the clear favorite. I'll leave it at that.
Bellbrook will win this week vs St Mary's but it won't be the blow out you think. Bellbrook 28-21.
Bellbrook plays Wapak, St. Mary's host CJ

Hoping these young men can bring home another win for old MU.
SmartSelect_20211101-102643_Facebook.jpg

Our O has to help our D out. They tend to play very undisciplined ball at times. Untimely penalties and turning the ball over. I believe that Eaton would have beaten Monroe by two scores if they wouldn't have turned the ball over to them 3 times. After Monroes opening long scoring drive, which came after Eaton fumbled the ball down on their own 17, Eaton pretty much shut them down for the rest of the game. If Eaton gets sloppy I see MU winning.

what is wrong with Brookville? 2 years in a row now they have lost to what we’re supposed to be inferior opponents while being a high seed in the region. i just don’t get it

Williamsburg was not a high quality opponent. Seems that the Hetrick magic isn’t working at Bville. I thought they were a 3 td favorite.

For the most part, I think the SWBL had a nice showing in the first round games. Bellbrook, Eaton, and Carlisle all had nice wins. Monroe put up a very valiant effort against Alter. Valley View lost how they did most of the season but gave Waverly a very good game. The one big disappointment was Brookville getting upset. I was surprised by that. Heading into Week 12, we'll have Bellbrook vs. Wapak, Eaton vs. Milton Union, and Carlisle vs. Versailles. All three will be very difficult games. I tend to agree that Carlisle will be a pretty good sized underdog against region favorite, Versailles. Eaton vs. Milton Union will be a war. Bellbrook should be a slight favorite against Wapak, but it'll be a good game.

Looking forward to these matchups the one that intrigues me the most may be Carlisle. I was surprised they got past reading. I would not underestimate this team at this point they did take a excellent monroe team to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.