2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
MONROE 42 @ CARLISLE 7
BELLBROOK 35 @ WAYNESVILLE 14
FRANKLIN 10 VS OAKWOOD 21
EATON 49 VS MADISON 0
VALLEY VIEW 24 VS BROOKVILLE 28

I can’t think of anyone who’s benefited more from move ins than Franklin in recent years, Carlisle had a couple very good spartans and a bunch of kids Trenton kids about 10 years ago that carried some of their more successful teams, madison had a few kids from other places but again Franklin could field a team of move ins. But everybody wants to mention Brock however the program was built by Valley View kids before he came over and was producing D1 kids before he was born.
I think people mention Brock because it was the most high profile move. There are very few successful programs that do not benefit from move ins or open enrollment. I played at Middletown in the early to mid 90's when the program was still relevant and we had move ins from Fenwick, Franklin, Monroe, Madison, etc. Hell my jr and sr year the starting QB's moved in from Fenwick and Franklin. Both played DI in other sports in college (baseball and basketball) so they were big time players for us.

MONROE @ CARLISLE I could see this being a running clock
BELLBROOK @ WAYNESVILLE The Eagles by a couple of scores
FRANKLIN VS OAKWOOD I think the Jacks can outscore Franklin's dismal offense
EATON VS MADISON Running clock
VALLEY VIEW VS BROOKVILLE The Spartans by a couple of scores

I think people mention Brock because it was the most high profile move. There are very few successful programs that do not benefit from move ins or open enrollment. I played at Middletown in the early to mid 90's when the program was still relevant and we had move ins from Fenwick, Franklin, Monroe, Madison, etc. Hell my jr and sr year the starting QB's moved in from Fenwick and Franklin. Both played DI in other sports in college (baseball and basketball) so they were big time players for us.
I agree with that. You think of Brock, because he was so good. But I remember other good players before him at VV. If you have a good program that happens. If I recall correctly, even Carlisle had some kids come in during their good football run 10ish years ago. Including a Preble Shawnee QB that transferred in and then got ruled ineligible to play.

Are you calling Whisman the best bball player in school history? If so in fairness, both of his parents are career teachers at Madison and he attended Madison from K-12. He was developed in Madison and was as much of a Madison kid as anybody who lived in the district.
Yes I was talking about Whisman. Heard from several people he lived in Middletown district, didn't know his background. Always said we should have got him over to Franklin! Tremendous player.

Yes I was talking about Whisman. Heard from several people he lived in Middletown district, didn't know his background. Always said we should have got him over to Franklin! Tremendous player.
Yes and a great kid. He did live in Middletown, but like I said always attended Madison. His parents have been jr. high teachers there for 20+ years. His dad was a really good player for Monroe in the early 90's. He was a transfer from Middletown.

I can’t think of anyone who’s benefited more from move ins than Franklin in recent years, Carlisle had a couple very good spartans and a bunch of kids Trenton kids about 10 years ago that carried some of their more successful teams, madison had a few kids from other places but again Franklin could field a team of move ins. But everybody wants to mention Brock however the program was built by Valley View kids before he came over and was producing D1 kids before he was born.
Just curious what move ins are you talking about for Franklin?

So with the regular season at the halfway point. This is my power rankings for the two sides and division as a whole. ****THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL STANDINGS***** this is just my personal opinion on who I think is best

West
  1. Eaton (5-0)
  2. Valley View (3-2)
  3. Brookville (4-1)
  4. Carlisle (3-2)
  5. Madison (0-5)
East
  1. Bellbrook (3-2)
  2. Monroe (4-1)
  3. Franklin (3-2)
  4. Waynesville (4-1)
  5. Oakwood (2-3)
Division
  1. Eaton (5-0)
  2. Bellbrook (3-2)
  3. Valley View (3-2)
  4. Monroe (4-1)
  5. Franklin (3-2)
  6. Brookville (4-1)
  7. Waynesville (4-1)
  8. Carlisle (3-2)
  9. Oakwood (2-3)
  10. Madison (0-5)
Overall this is probably hard to argue with right now. I sort of wonder most about Monroe. They may eventually be ahead of Valley View, possibly even below Franklin? But for where we are at in Week 6, I agree totally.

Overall this is probably hard to argue with right now. I sort of wonder most about Monroe. They may eventually be ahead of Valley View, possibly even below Franklin? But for where we are at in Week 6, I agree totally.
I agree but I'll take it a step further and say Monroe may be as high as #1 by the end of the year. Ross played Badin about as well as Bellbrook did. Monroe played Ross pretty well. I know that doesn't always translate on the field but I feel Monroe and Bellbrook might be pretty even. Monroe will play both Eaton and Bellbrook, so we'll have a definitive answer by the end of the season but if they continue to improve I could see Monroe finishing 9-1. (As much as it pains me to side with Hornet21 ;) )

I agree but I'll take it a step further and say Monroe may be as high as #1 by the end of the year. Ross played Badin about as well as Bellbrook did. Monroe played Ross pretty well. I know that doesn't always translate on the field but I feel Monroe and Bellbrook might be pretty even. Monroe will play both Eaton and Bellbrook, so we'll have a definitive answer by the end of the season but if they continue to improve I could see Monroe finishing 9-1. (As much as it pains me to side with Hornet21 ;) )
It's true though. They're the one team that has surprised and still has everyone left on their schedule to continue pushing towards the top.

I would love to hear an honest opinion on Eaton. What do we think of them at 5-0? The win over BB was impressive.
Agreed that's an impressive win and even though it was week 1, I watched them on Thursday Night Lights and I would have never guessed they would be 5-0 right now. That Greenville game was still in doubt with just a few minutes left (25-18 Greenville driving and Eaton returned a pick 6 with around a minute left to go up 32-18) and Greenville is now 1-4. I've not seen them since, so I'm guessing they've improved but they didn't look like the top team in the league IMO at that point.

I would love to hear an honest opinion on Eaton. What do we think of them at 5-0? The win over BB was impressive.
Eaton is good enough to go 8-0 last 2 games of the season are probably 50/50 games. I think they win one and lose 1 to finish 9-1 should earn a nice seed that’s my honest opinion.

Eaton is good enough to go 8-0 last 2 games of the season are probably 50/50 games. I think they win one and lose 1 to finish 9-1 should earn a nice seed that’s my honest opinion.
What a turn around for Eaton! I had them fighting Carlisle/Madison for 3-5 at the beginning of the year and now they are fighting to win it all!

I agree but I'll take it a step further and say Monroe may be as high as #1 by the end of the year. Ross played Badin about as well as Bellbrook did. Monroe played Ross pretty well. I know that doesn't always translate on the field but I feel Monroe and Bellbrook might be pretty even. Monroe will play both Eaton and Bellbrook, so we'll have a definitive answer by the end of the season but if they continue to improve I could see Monroe finishing 9-1. (As much as it pains me to side with Hornet21 ;)
Most talented Monroe team in years. A coaches 3rd year is usually when things finally come in place. Jackson is a beast. He has 1,046 yards in 5 games. That kid will very well surpass his great sophomore year. He’ll definitely play in college. Miles will too he’s very fast and throws a beautiful spiral. Mullins has built a great foundation I would think everyone agrees to that. It’s good to see Monroe’s kids enthusiastic and buying in to what he’s teaching them.

Last edited:
Honestly, with a community the size of Monroe they should have no issues fielding a strong team every year. Franklin, Bellbrook are the same.

Agreed that's an impressive win and even though it was week 1, I watched them on Thursday Night Lights and I would have never guessed they would be 5-0 right now. That Greenville game was still in doubt with just a few minutes left (25-18 Greenville driving and Eaton returned a pick 6 with around a minute left to go up 32-18) and Greenville is now 1-4. I've not seen them since, so I'm guessing they've improved but they didn't look like the top team in the league IMO at that point.
Is there any chance that Bellbrook had a bit of a letdown against Eaton? I wasn't sure what happened in that game, it was a 1 point game so obviously tight throughout.

Honestly, with a community the size of Monroe they should have no issues fielding a strong team every year. Franklin, Bellbrook are the same.
Very much agree. A lot of people moving into Monroe we will much be D2 in the next 3 years or less. Just takes the right coach to get kids to play.

Is there any chance that Bellbrook had a bit of a letdown against Eaton? I wasn't sure what happened in that game, it was a 1 point game so obviously tight throughout.
Eaton was up 14-0 on Bellbrook in second half. I’m sure it was a letdown if you ask Bellbrook, but they were shut out for the the first half.

Waynesville game could have been much worse it was 28-0 in the second quarter And 35-0 in the 4th.

Eaton’s confidence has been swelling all year. They know they have the weapons and are putting it all together.
the Greenville game was a warmup. They look like a different team now, they play confident.

Eaton was up 14-0 on Bellbrook in second half. I’m sure it was a letdown if you ask Bellbrook, but they were shut out for the the first half.

Waynesville game could have been much worse it was 28-0 in the second quarter And 35-0 in the 4th.

Eaton’s confidence has been swelling all year. They know they have the weapons and are putting it all together.
the Greenville game was a warmup. They look like a different team now, they play confident.
I've been told having Neenan back as the OC has helped open the offense up a bit as well. Do you agree with that?

Monroe 35
Carlisle 14

Bellbrook 42
Waynesville 21

Franklin 14
Oakwood 10

Eaton 42
Madison 6

Valley View 28
Brookville 27
I'll be shocked if Carlisle hangs that close with Monroe, I see this being a complete beatdown. The VV/Brookville game should be a great game, I'll give the slight edge to VV. Eaton should continue to roll and Bellbrook should win by 3+ scores. I have no idea what to make of the Franklin/Oakwood game. Could go either way, could be a 3-0 game...................

Wouldn’t necessarily consider it a let down. Eaton has some nice talent at the skill positions. I thought Eaton was the more balance team on offense and their defense set them up with two scoring drives of 20yd and 1yd. Once Bellbrook found their rhythm on offense in the 2nd half it was to late. Bellbrook defense struggled to get off the field on some key 3rd and longs. They also were playing without two key senior defensive starters, one being an all state performer as a junior, so I do believe that played into their inability to get some pressure on the QB. Eaton played a solid 4 quarter game and Bellbrook did not. That’s the difference.

I've been told having Neenan back as the OC has helped open the offense up a bit as well. Do you agree with that?
Neanen returning has certainly helped this team. Davis, Neanon, Ebright, when together, are three big dogs with a lot of success at Eaton. Credit goes to all the coaches. Bigger numbers this year too. winning is contagious.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if Carlisle hangs that close with Monroe, I see this being a complete beatdown. The VV/Brookville game should be a great game, I'll give the slight edge to VV. Eaton should continue to roll and Bellbrook should win by 3+ scores. I have no idea what to make of the Franklin/Oakwood game. Could go either way, could be a 3-0 game...................
I agree. Would be shocked to see only 35 on the board.

Neanen returning has certainly helped this team. Davis, Neanon, Ebright, when together, are three big dogs with a lot of success at Eaton. Credit goes to all the coaches. Bigger numbers this year too. winning is contagious.
What I take most from all of these responses is that we actually still have Eaton posters on Yappi, more than it seems. Eaton always had such a nice following on here. I think SWBL folks want to hear more about your team, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.