2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some film from Franklin and Fenwick on YouTube, makes me wonder if the guy calling the plays for Franklin was even on site.....

Fenwick might do well with their new coach. Be nice if Monroe could renew our rivalry with the falcons. Back in the 70s and 80s when my dad and uncle played football it was every bit as intense and bitter game as Franklin. It was a pretty brutal rivalry. Rivalries seem like they aren’t the same anymore since back in the good ole days. It was always fun to play Fenwick tho. Maybe one day we’ll be play em again.

The two ejected are senior starters(both sides of the ball).
There's about 40 on the roster not counting a couple borrowed from the soccer team to kick. 10 seniors and 5 juniors. Alot of Freshman/Sophomores are starting or playing meaningful minutes.

Fenwick might do well with their new coach. Be nice if Monroe could renew our rivalry with the falcons. Back in the 70s and 80s when my dad and uncle played football it was every bit as intense and bitter game as Franklin. It was a pretty brutal rivalry. Rivalries seem like they aren’t the same anymore since back in the good ole days. It was always fun to play Fenwick tho. Maybe one day we’ll be play em again.
Pretty sure Fenwick reached out multiple times in the past 5 years or so and Monroe said no. Hopefully with 16 team playoffs some of these old rivalries will happen again.

My week 2 after seeing the comments and scores from week 1

Eaton - 23
Springfield Shawnee - 20

Valley View - 28
Milton-Union - 27

Waynesville - 32
Greeneview - 21

Oakwood - 28
Northridge - 16

Brookville - 35
Anna - 31

Carlisle - 27
Miami East - 23

Fenwick - 21
Madison - 0

Monroe - 27
Ross - 35

Bellbrook - 31
Badin - 21

Franklin - 7
Beavercreek - 28

I'm excited for Week 2. The first week of the season was a mixed bag. We had some nice wins in the league like Valley View, Bellbrook, Monroe, and even Eaton. We also had some really surprising losses or teams that appear to be rebuilding like Oakwood, Franklin, etc. The games that stand out to me most in Week 2 are VV at Milton Union, Eaton vs. Shawnee, and Monroe vs. Ross. The VV/MU game will be a benchmark game for both teams. It should be MU's best opponent they face this season. I expect both to be quality playoff teams. For Eaton, I think we'll see where they stand against a good, probably playoff caliber Shawnee team. It also helps Valley View fans get a feel for how good Shawnee actually is. Monroe had a nice win in their first game and now get a quality Ross team. Another benchmark type game. The game of the week is Bellbrook vs. Badin. Should be a great matchup, potentially a playoff matchup in the future.

My predictions:

Springfield Shawnee - 28
Eaton 21

Valley View - 21
Milton-Union - 14

Greeneview - 21
Waynesville - 14

Oakwood - 28
Northridge - 7

Anna -21
Brookville - 14

Carlisle - 28
Miami East - 14

Fenwick - 21
Madison - 0

Ross - 35
Monroe - 21

Badin - 21
Bellbrook - 14

Beavercreek -14
Franklin - 7

I will say this about Waynesville, 3-4 fumbles hurt yes, but their defense flys to the ball. They hit hard and are fast from what I have seen. Will be interesting to see how they compete with a better team this week! Hoping for a Waynesville win!!!

Eaton - 28
Springfield Shawnee - 0

Valley View - 28
Milton-Union - 32

Waynesville - 8
Greeneview - 21

Oakwood - 18
Northridge - 26

Brookville - 28
Anna - 25

Carlisle - 28
Miami East - 0

Fenwick - 28
Madison - 6

Monroe - 15
Ross - 22

Bellbrook - 21
Badin - 35

Franklin - 7
Beavercreek - 15

Eaton - 20
Springfield Shawnee - 21

Valley View - 30
Milton-Union - 35

Waynesville - 11
Greeneview - 21

Oakwood - 28
Northridge - 20

Brookville - 31
Anna - 28

Carlisle - 23
Miami East - 14

Fenwick - 28
Madison - 6

Monroe - 24
Ross - 35

Bellbrook - 24
Badin - 21

Franklin - 7
Beavercreek - 14

My week 2 after seeing the comments and scores from week 1

Eaton - 23
Springfield Shawnee - 20

Valley View - 28
Milton-Union - 27

Waynesville - 32
Greeneview - 21

Oakwood - 28
Northridge - 16

Brookville - 35
Anna - 31

Carlisle - 27
Miami East - 23

Fenwick - 21
Madison - 0

Monroe - 27
Ross - 35

Bellbrook - 31
Badin - 21

Franklin - 7
Beavercreek - 28
I like the optimism but not sure how accurate you prediction will be. Bellbrook struggled to move the ball consistently against a solid, but average Tipp defense. After watching Badin film I’d say scoring 31 will be a challenge. Going to be the best front 7 the Eagles see all year. Probably the best team Bellbrook has played in quite some time. We have some guys who can play and we are a darn good team. The Eagles will be ready but it’s going to take our absolute best effort to beat Badin.

I like the optimism but not sure how accurate you prediction will be. Bellbrook struggled to move the ball consistently against a solid, but average Tipp defense. After watching Badin film I’d say scoring 31 will be a challenge. Going to be the best front 7 the Eagles see all year. Probably the best team Bellbrook has played in quite some time. We have some guys who can play and we are a darn good team. The Eagles will be ready but it’s going to take our absolute best effort to beat Badin.
Agreed. I'll take that over/under bet of 31 points by Bellbrook with anyone, for any amount. I personally believe that Bellbrook would have to play their best football and Badin play just so so for Bellbrook to pull off a win and even then it won't be close to 31 points.

Not going to pick scores. I know my limitations lol, but I will pick some games.

Eaton
Springfield Shawnee (Greenville usually isn't very good and the Eaton/Greenville game was much closer than the final score. I thought Eaton looked solid Thursday, but again not sure that Greenville is all that good.)

Valley View
Milton-Union (Don't know why, but I just have a feeling this is the year of the Dogs)

Waynesville
Greeneview (Greenview beat Madison pretty good, Waynesville seemed to struggle on O, I think Greeneview pulls off a close one in a defensive struggle)

Oakwood
Northridge (Oakwood bounces back and wins pretty easily)

Brookville (Don't know much about either team, but they are both usually solid, I'm going with the SWBL homer pick)
Anna

Carlisle (AD at Carlisle deserves a raise for his early season scheduling and the Indians move to 2-0)
Miami East

Fenwick (Didn't think the Falcons stood a chance against Franklin last week and they proved me wrong, this one might get ugly)
Madison

Monroe (Could be the fastest game in SW Ohio this week. I was super impressed by Monroe on Friday. I know Talawanda is bad but the Hornets beat them the way good teams are suppose to beat bad teams. I'll take the Hornets in the upset, but I could see both teams scoring 40+)
Ross

Bellbrook
Badin (I think Badin is the team to beat in Region 12 this year. It won't be as close as some thing. Mt. Healthy is better than last year. Bellbrook was somewhat pedestrian against an average Tipp team. Dare I say this one is over by halftime.)

Franklin
Beavercreek (No way I can pick the Wildcats after last weeks display. But the Creek!?! Gonna have to go with the Beavers)

Not going to pick scores. I know my limitations lol, but I will pick some games.

Eaton
Springfield Shawnee (Greenville usually isn't very good and the Eaton/Greenville game was much closer than the final score. I thought Eaton looked solid Thursday, but again not sure that Greenville is all that good.)

Valley View
Milton-Union (Don't know why, but I just have a feeling this is the year of the Dogs)

Waynesville
Greeneview (Greenview beat Madison pretty good, Waynesville seemed to struggle on O, I think Greeneview pulls off a close one in a defensive struggle)

Oakwood
Northridge (Oakwood bounces back and wins pretty easily)

Brookville (Don't know much about either team, but they are both usually solid, I'm going with the SWBL homer pick)
Anna

Carlisle (AD at Carlisle deserves a raise for his early season scheduling and the Indians move to 2-0)
Miami East

Fenwick (Didn't think the Falcons stood a chance against Franklin last week and they proved me wrong, this one might get ugly)
Madison

Monroe (Could be the fastest game in SW Ohio this week. I was super impressed by Monroe on Friday. I know Talawanda is bad but the Hornets beat them the way good teams are suppose to beat bad teams. I'll take the Hornets in the upset, but I could see both teams scoring 40+)
Ross

Bellbrook
Badin (I think Badin is the team to beat in Region 12 this year. It won't be as close as some thing. Mt. Healthy is better than last year. Bellbrook was somewhat pedestrian against an average Tipp team. Dare I say this one is over by halftime.)

Franklin
Beavercreek (No way I can pick the Wildcats after last weeks display. But the Creek!?! Gonna have to go with the Beavers)
I would agree with all but 2 I’d take VV and Ross

Don’t underestimate Bellbrook defense. They have some studs as well. Also you have to account for #1 on offense. He’s a game changer rushing and receiving. The Golden Eagles won’t be no pushover.

Eaton
Springfield Shawnee -

Valley View
Milton-Union

Waynesville

Greeneview

Oakwood
Northridge

Brookville
Anna

Carlisle
Miami East

Fenwick
Madison

Monroe
Ross

Bellbrook
Badin

Franklin
Beavercreek

SPRINGFIELD SHAWNEE 21
EATON 14

VALLEY VIEW 20
MILTON UNION 14

NORTHRIDGE 28
OAKWOOD 21

BROOKVILLE 21
ANNA 14

CARLISLE 27
MIAMI EAST 7

FENWICK 28
MADISON 0

ROSS 38
MONROE 28

BADIN 31
BELLBROOK 17

BEAVERCREEK 14
FRANKLIN 0

WAYNESVILLE 20
GREENVIEW 7

am i crazy for thinking Waynesville will get beat handily by Greeneview? i just don’t see the confidence in Waynesville this year especially after week 1.

am i crazy for thinking Waynesville will get beat handily by Greeneview? i just don’t see the confidence in Waynesville this year especially after week 1.
Waynesville has a lot of good athletes, but only 2 returning starters who saw significant action last season. This, plus a new playbook, has just taken some time to adjust to. Do I think they are as good as years past, no. But they should be okay going forward.

Waynesville has a lot of good athletes, but only 2 returning starters who saw significant action last season. This, plus a new playbook, has just taken some time to adjust to. Do I think they are as good as years past, no. But they should be okay going forward.
Greeneview should be a top team in the OHC this year and even in their lean years, Greeneview hasn’t let Waynesville get a W.

Think Madison and Greenview were close at the half. Madison seems to be in for a long year this season with the way the top of swbl looks. Waynesville will be better each week out, just think they will win their home opener. I Cant speak much on the OHC,
Just that the powerhouses sit in the North. (Mechanicsburg, West Jeff).

Status
Not open for further replies.