2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh Badin I agree CJ not so much OC and DC both left and a couple of starters went to Northmont Owens is a very good player and the QB is excellent rest of the team not so much.

uh Badin will smoke CJ Alter I dont know what they have coming back. Badin will be an excellent football team, Butler County all-stars.
Alter returns the # 1 player in the state ,CJ Hicks who has committed to Ohio State

Which do you say that? Have you seen them play at all in scrimmages? Just curious. I know they’ve been bad.
I say them last year and someone who's opinion I trust saw them this year and they are a long way from turning things around. The Fenwick athletic department as a whole is a mess. They lost most of the guys who contributed last year including two returners that decided not to play. Add in a pretty tough non-league schedule with an always difficult GCL-Coed schedule and I think they are looking at 1-9.

Alter returns the # 1 player in the state ,CJ Hicks who has committed to Ohio State
Agreed, but he really wasn't a go to guy on offense last year. He's rated #1 as a defensive player and while that is great, doesn't necessarily change the dynamic of the game all the time. Alter is struggling to find a QB and the loss of the McDonald kid is huge, everything they did on offense seem to go through him in the games I saw last year. They will be good they always are, but I don't see them as a state contender this year. For my money, Badin is the team to beat in region 12 this year.

Surprised to hear Fenwick would be so down. Any reason in particular for that?
I would guess mostly because they are on their 3rd or 4th coach in the last 5 years. That's never good a parochial school when kids have a lot of other options in the area coming out of 8th grade. I've also heard but don't know first hand that the John XXIII based CYO team isn't around anymore or has had some problems which was the main feeder for football players heading to Fenwick. I would guess that also is a reflection of the high rate of turnover at the top of the program.

I say them last year and someone who's opinion I trust saw them this year and they are a long way from turning things around. The Fenwick athletic department as a whole is a mess. They lost most of the guys who contributed last year including two returners that decided not to play. Add in a pretty tough non-league schedule with an always difficult GCL-Coed schedule and I think they are looking at 1-9.
Gotcha. I know they’ve struggled to find a QB this season. I know some of the coaches and they have mentioned the OOC games. If they want a shot at a winning/.500 record they will need to win at least 3-4 of those games before they run into Alter, CJ and Badin.

uh Badin I agree CJ not so much OC and DC both left and a couple of starters went to Northmont Owens is a very good player and the QB is excellent rest of the team not so much.

uh Badin will smoke CJ Alter I dont know what they have coming back. Badin will be an excellent football team, Butler County all-stars.
No team is smoking Alter this year. Just a heads up.

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville
vs Tri-County North
Carlisle @ Twin Valley South
Eaton
@ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville
vs Tri-County North
Eaton
@ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison
@ Greeneview

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @
Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville vs TCN
Carlisle @ TVS
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greenview

Here I go...

Waynesville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Mariemont
Monroe
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Valley View
Greeneview

word around town is there is some Qb controversy here at Franklin? new offense and new Qb? is it worth the drive down the road? heard its not just about Qb, theres been some problems with the new staff coming in

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville vs Tri-County North
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Anyone know if some games are being live steamed for those who can’t go. My family’s been dealing with health issues and just curious if anyone knows anything. I’ll be at Monroe’s game and worst case scenario I can just film the game with my phone if no games are live streamed.

Anyone know if some games are being live steamed for those who can’t go. My family’s been dealing with health issues and just curious if anyone knows anything. I’ll be at Monroe’s game and worst case scenario I can just film the game with my phone if no games are live streamed.
Franklin will be on cindaysports. Just radio no stream

Good luck to all teams tonight, it’s really hard to gauge teams in week 1 so here it goes for me.

EAST
Bellbrook - 34
Tipp - 28

Franklin - 23
Fenwick - 6

Monroe - 21
Talawanda - 31

Marimont - 42

Oakwood - 14

Waynesville - 35
Bethel - 13

WEST
Valley View - 27
Sp. Shawnee - 21

Brookville - 41
Tri-County N - 8

Carlisle - 34
Twin Valley S - 12

Madison - 27
Greeneview - 20

Greeneview- 35
Madison- 14

Shawnee- 28
Valley View- 20

Waynesville- 42
Bethel- 13

Oakwood- 35
Mariemont- 31

Bellbrook- 21
Tipp- 20

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe
vs Talawanda
Brookville vs TCN
Carlisle @ TVS
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greenview

Valley View - 15
Sp. Shawnee - 7
Late 1st Q

VV with a couple long TD passes, Braves with a long TD pass of their own.

Valley View - 22
Sp. Shawnee- 7
Early 2nd

TD passes of 38, 57 and 50 for Henson in this one, O line giving him all day to throw.

Monroe 35
Talawanda 7

Halftime. Monroe steamrolling the Brave. Scored on all but one drive and that was a fumble. Talawanda QB 66 yard td run for their lone score

Fenwick 14 off a 4th down and goal. Very short 4th for touchdown. Franklin 0. Either both defensive are amazing or the offense is rough tonight

Monroe 35
Talawanda 14
4th quarter
Monroe looking sloppy in the 2nd half. Moving the ball at will but killing themselves with penalties. Won't get away with it against better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.