2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to hear how that goes. The VV program has seemed to be doing very well. They haven't had State Championships lately, but they have been winning a lot of football games.
They have been winning playoff games and making runs , it will be very disappointing if they go another direction

I always heard a certain someone in Bellbrook was a soccer guy, and since BB soccer wasn't going to win against the next bigger league up (MVL?) they weren't going anywhere.
rumor mill, and been hearing it for years. feel free to tell me its wrong (or out of date).

Bellbrook won’t have to leave , they’ll let the league form around them , everyone else that’s smaller or can’t compete will bail , bigger and better programs will filter In , sprinkle here and a sprinkle there and this league will be much different in 5 years

I always heard a certain someone in Bellbrook was a soccer guy, and since BB soccer wasn't going to win against the next bigger league up (MVL?) they weren't going anywhere.
rumor mill, and been hearing it for years. feel free to tell me its wrong (or out of date).
That’s someone isn’t the AD anymore , hasn’t been since the hire or Jenkins or a year after at most .
guy in now is Odell
Football guy

Very impressed with bellbrook schedule this year.
This schedule will have them prepared for the Ross’s of the world . Feel they could of competed better in 2nd half of that game if they would of been able to have this schedule and experience last year .

Attachments

• 26DC08BA-0918-41DB-BD08-A93B29FA6BD7.png
    26DC08BA-0918-41DB-BD08-A93B29FA6BD7.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 37
Bellbrook won’t have to leave , they’ll let the league form around them , everyone else that’s smaller or can’t compete will bail , bigger and better programs will filter In , sprinkle here and a sprinkle there and this league will be much different in 5 years
The problem with that is Bellbrook has pretty much been the big fish for 20+ years. Bigger programs would upset their balance. Let's put Trotwood, Ross, Edgewood and Mt Healthy in the SWBL. Bellbrook would struggle to compete with those schools. Clinton Massie would upset the balance as it is. SWBL has never built around a single School, more around a geographic center which I believe is now Franklin.

Don't know Franklin's exact schedule but know out of conference they play Beavercreek, Fenwick, and Edgewood so no cupcakes there. Love that schedule.

I am in the minority that would love to see Massie and Wilmington into the league I think. But those two would be great additions and fit the size and close enough geographically if you kept them in the opposite division of Brookville and Eaton.

The problem with that is Bellbrook has pretty much been the big fish for 20+ years. Bigger programs would upset their balance. Let's put Trotwood, Ross, Edgewood and Mt Healthy in the SWBL. Bellbrook would struggle to compete with those schools. Clinton Massie would upset the balance as it is. SWBL has never built around a single School, more around a geographic center which I believe is now Franklin.
Trotwood would never be in the same league and I’d have to respectfully disagree , I believe with the rate the community is growing and the level of play in ALL sports they are more then able to compete . They’ve been doing that the last 5-6 year’s , the 15 years prior to that you can’t say the same . Times are changing my friend

Very impressed with bellbrook schedule this year.
This schedule will have them prepared for the Ross’s of the world . Feel they could of competed better in 2nd half of that game if they would of been able to have this schedule and experience last year .

That is a nice schedule. Tipp City and Badin should be strong competition in the OOC, but also games that are potentially winnable too.

I’ll take bellbrook to win their side of the league and repeat as league champs . They do lose some big play makers and some senior linebackers but they have a ton of talent left and return majority of the trenches and most of all they return the reigning offensive league player of the year .
lebenski will fill in for Westbrock and the eagles will keep rolling
I don’t know what the OOC schedule looks like but I’ll say 9-1 or 8-2

Not sure about the other side but I’ll have to go with valley view to run that side , feel like they should for a few years

my 2 cents
Looking at your user name, did you play at Bellbrook?

Franklin hires Larry Cox as head coach. Looks like he’s coached at Bellbrook, coached at Lakota West for 21 years, and spent the last 2 seasons at Talawanda.

With additional teams making the playoffs per region, do you expect the SWBL to send an additional amount of teams to the playoffs?

I graduated in 93 from valley view 92 bellbrook team was so good and loaded I know McCluskey ran me over
LOL. I played on that team and blocked for/graduated with McCluskey. We were loaded with talent. I remember when we played you guys. That was the most packed I’d ever seen our stadium. Good times

LOL. I played on that team and blocked for/graduated with McCluskey. We were loaded with talent. I remember when we played you guys. That was the most packed I’d ever seen our stadium. Good times
Ha ha I still remember thinking ohh this will be a easy tackle lol ohh I was wrong

I played a few years later gentleman .
I played in the early 80s. We beat Bellbrook 21-0 in 81 and finished 9-1 SWBL Champs. Bellbrook went to the playoffs in D4 and Milton didn't in D3. We were so upset about that. We lost to Greenville by a td that year. Yes, Milton was bigger than Bellbrook back then.

I played football for Northridge way back in 1986 - 1989. We had some pretty good teams back in those days. I have lived in Pickerington for about 20 years and all of my sons have or will play for Pick Central.
My question is how can Northridge be so bad for so long? I know the coach is older than dirt, he was a coach back when I played 30+ years ago. How does a coach keep his job that long when his teams suck every year? They have enough athletes to compete in basketball so why not football? For those in the know, what gives?

I played football for Northridge way back in 1986 - 1989. We had some pretty good teams back in those days. I have lived in Pickerington for about 20 years and all of my sons have or will play for Pick Central.
My question is how can Northridge be so bad for so long? I know the coach is older than dirt, he was a coach back when I played 30+ years ago. How does a coach keep his job that long when his teams suck every year? They have enough athletes to compete in basketball so why not football? For those in the know, what gives?
I think some schools just never built the program to be a winner. I think it's the kids and a good coach. Many good athletes over the years at Northridge. We had a back at Milton back in 10-12 who's dad and mom graduated from Northridge. Brown was the last name. He was a stud back.

I coached baseball for Northridge a few years ago. The have way better athletes than Milton (where I graduated from). The problem there is keeping the kids interested and out of trouble. If they could get a coach that could really get the kids to buy into being disciplined and committed sky's the limit. I just know that once the kids lose one time their spirits are down and its all over. Northridge really isn't as bad as they have been portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.