2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookville was 100% invited into the TRC. they were not interested.
I don't know if they would be interested in the future, especially if the SWBL has problems staying together.

Brookville was 100% invited into the TRC. they were not interested.
I don't know if they would be interested in the future, especially if the SWBL has problems staying together.
I bet they were not interested because of some of the smaller schools that were invited. I feel like Riverside and Lehman are not that good of fits for the TRC and swapping Oakwood and Brookville would make the TRC a very good conference. Which would allow the SWBL to get some bigger schools for Bellbrook and Franklin to compete with.

Obviously I am a CM guy. I Will just tell you that changing leagues or forming a new league is not all it’s cracked up to be. I’m sure some schools have been happy but I would bet a lot more were disappointed. In my experience with the SWBL (kids played in it in youth leagues) it is a solid and steady league with ups and downs. Some schools have fluctuated in enrollment but the foundation is solid. It has the ability to be a great 2 division league with big schools and small schools. I would like to see them stay together and find a solution to keeping the existing schools happy. That may involve adding some other schools to both the large and small school sides. Would love to see massie get in this league.

Maybe they are content with being in the SWBL. With Brookville seeming like such of a logical fit with the TRC, do we even know if they were approached at the time that the league was forming? To see if they had any interest. I just feel like everyone is acting like Brookville is such a done deal to eventually be in the TRC, and if that's the case, why weren't they even in the discussion from the beginning.
they were invited. they were actually invited before Lehman or Riverside ever were. they wanted to stay in the SWBL. it wasn’t the smart move but eventually, a move to the TRC will be the only logical thing to do

they were invited. they were actually invited before Lehman or Riverside ever were. they wanted to stay in the SWBL. it wasn’t the smart move but eventually, a move to the TRC will be the only logical thing to do
I agree it could be a logical move for them in the long run. I just wasn't sure if they were even interested. It sounds like they are content for the time being, but eventually the move could be what makes the most sense.

Maybe they are content with being in the SWBL. With Brookville seeming like such of a logical fit with the TRC, do we even know if they were approached at the time that the league was forming? To see if they had any interest. I just feel like everyone is acting like Brookville is such a done deal to eventually be in the TRC, and if that's the case, why weren't they even in the discussion from the beginning.
But sure if they were or not. Dograt would know.

I think all leagues should somehow mandate that the participating schools attempt to be competitive. Northridge doesn’t even try to compete. Every coach on that staff should have been fired decades ago. The right coach could make them competitive in that league.

I think Brookville is still in the SWBL? That's what I was discussing. Other people are dead set on mentioning them in the TRC. I still think they are happy and content in the SWBL.
Wasn't pointing a finger. Just making sure the topic here remains on SWBL.

As a Bellbrook alum and a lover of tradition/history, I agree that Bellbrook has outgrown the SWBL. There’s a proposal for another housing development going on now which will only expand enrollment. All of our coaches try scheduling bigger schools for their non league games in their respective sports. The problem is, and I hate to say it, is the parents. About two years ago our pee wee program was approached by the Gem City League about joining. The parents didn’t want to play Centerville, Huber Heights, Kettering, and voted to stay in the SWBL pee wee league. I know they won’t have the luxury of a vote in the high school chooses to realign with a new league.

As a Bellbrook alum and a lover of tradition/history, I agree that Bellbrook has outgrown the SWBL. There’s a proposal for another housing development going on now which will only expand enrollment. All of our coaches try scheduling bigger schools for their non league games in their respective sports. The problem is, and I hate to say it, is the parents. About two years ago our pee wee program was approached by the Gem City League about joining. The parents didn’t want to play Centerville, Huber Heights, Kettering, and voted to stay in the SWBL pee wee league. I know they won’t have the luxury of a vote in the high school chooses to realign with a new league.
From what I saw the last several years the parents were right in this scenario. My son played in the SWBL pee wee league and the Bellbrook teams a grade ahead of him, the same grade, and the grade behind him were not world beaters in that league. I believe they would have a rough go in that other league. Personally, I believe Bellbrook will outgrow the SWBL, but it's not like they are on a 10 year run of league championships. They are still playing a lot of very competitive games against other teams in the league. The larger schools will be the least impacted by the departure of the four small schools that left the league. Bellbrook might be a better fit location-wise with some other leagues, but competitively I think they are fine in the SWBL.

Bellbrook would fit nicely in the MVL south. no reason they shouldn’t be playing Xenia/Fairborn yearly

Bellbrook, Springboro, Miamisburg, Franklin, Centerville, Fairmont, Xenia and Beavercreek would make a nice southern suburban league. Yeh Bellbrook is smaller but someone has to be and they will only keep growing. Centerville isn't the power it used to be.
Bellbrook could be beating Xenia, Beavercreek, Franklin often And maybe Centerville a year here or there. Add that in to a ooc with Valley View, Tipp City and maybe a Clinton-Massie or Alter games to open up...
That would bring the kids out.
I think the Bellbrook kids are bored. They want challenged. Bellbrook has a great history and they could build from that. Tipp took a couple of years but they are better now than before the switch to the MVL/GWOC. Bellbrook would only get bigger and better.
GWOC S
Centerville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Springboro
Miamisburg
Beavercreek
Xenia
Fairmont

Bellbrook, Springboro, Miamisburg, Franklin, Centerville, Fairmont, Xenia and Beavercreek would make a nice southern suburban league. Yeh Bellbrook is smaller but someone has to be and they will only keep growing. Centerville isn't the power it used to be.
Bellbrook could be beating Xenia, Beavercreek, Franklin often And maybe Centerville a year here or there. Add that in to a ooc with Valley View, Tipp City and maybe a Clinton-Massie or Alter games to open up...
I think the Bellbrook kids are bored. They want challenged. Bellbrook has a great history and they could build from that. Tipp took a couple of years but they are better now than before the switch to the MVL/GWOC. Bellbrook would only get bigger and better.
GWOC S
Centerville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Springboro
Miamisburg
Beavercreek
Xenia
Fairmont
very interesting idea. i bet Beavercreek would be up for it- Springboro and Miamisburg are both GWOC teams till the end. they like playing in the league. great idea and would be very competitive

GWOC S
Centerville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Springboro
Miamisburg
Beavercreek
Xenia
Fairmont
If it was only about football, maybe, but even then that's a pretty big maybe. But Centerville has routinely won the all sports trophy for whatever conference they've been in for the last 2-3 decades. I was in their gym 4 or 5 years ago for a bball game and was shocked at the list of years on the all sports banner. If I remember correctly, they had won something 15 or 16 in a row at the time. Centerville has almost 3000 students. Franklin and Bellbrook have less than a thousand. IMO, no way that would work for them. It's one thing for a couple of DIII schools to be in a league with some DI schools. It's another to be in a league with two of the bigger DI schools (Centerville and Springboro) in the area. I just don't see how that would in any way benefit Bellbrook, Franklin, or Xenia. The MVL I could buy into, but no way on the GWOC.

Why OC? doesn't Oakwood need a new coach?
Well, coach Snyder is 18-41 in his tenure at Oakwood. I really don’t need to say more than that. People in Oakwood aren’t to into sports that much.

I will say this is good news. I think coach Blevins will bring new energy to the program. There is a buzz with the boys and I hope it carries on into the season. Coach Blevins has been an OC at his last few jobs, so I’m guessing that is what he prefers. Why he left Greenon, I don’t know, but I believe he lives in Kettering so this is much closer to home. This hiring was kept pretty quite.

I feel there are better days to come for the Jack’s, but I’m a fan... Go Jacks!!!

Well, coach Snyder is 18-41 in his tenure at Oakwood. I really don’t need to say more than that. People in Oakwood aren’t to into sports that much.

I will say this is good news. I think coach Blevins will bring new energy to the program. There is a buzz with the boys and I hope it carries on into the season. Coach Blevins has been an OC at his last few jobs, so I’m guessing that is what he prefers. Why he left Greenon, I don’t know, but I believe he lives in Kettering so this is much closer to home. This hiring was kept pretty quite.

I feel there are better days to come for the Jack’s, but I’m a fan... Go Jacks!!!
he runs a true spread on offense. his offense lives and dies off of the QB making the right reads. he has a VERY smart offensive mind, but I've seen him get into it with QB/coaches on sidelines before. could give Oakwood some life on offense if they buy in.

he runs a true spread on offense. his offense lives and dies off of the QB making the right reads. he has a VERY smart offensive mind, but I've seen him get into it with QB/coaches on sidelines before. could give Oakwood some life on offense if they buy in.
I have heard that is what he runs.

Honestly, IMO I think this is the best O for Oakwood. We don’t have the big lines here to just run the ball. We usually have some good skill kids on the outside and to give them the ball in space quickly will be our most effective way to win. We ran the wing-t last year and it was not very good.
I think the boys will buy in, they want to succeed like any other team. Like I said before, this change will be good.

I have heard that is what he runs.

Honestly, IMO I think this is the best O for Oakwood. We don’t have the big lines here to just run the ball. We usually have some good skill kids on the outside and to give them the ball in space quickly will be our most effective way to win. We ran the wing-t last year and it was not very good.
I think the boys will buy in, they want to succeed like any other team. Like I said before, this change will be good.
it gave Greenon the spark they needed back in 2018, that’s for sure. hopefully it does the same for Oakwood

I agree from a competitive standpoint, but Monroe is DIII in football (DII in most other sports and only a few girls away from DI in a couple of girls sports) and growing while the rest of those schools you listed are DIV and DV and their communities are pretty stagnant from a residential growth standpoint. I don't see Monroe as a good fit size-wise in the next several years.
Could be size-wise but they aren't winning this at any clip. Imagine they join a big school league...that would be disasterous.

Could be size-wise but they aren't winning this at any clip. Imagine they join a big school league...that would be disasterous.

Yes, that's a tough situation for the next 3-5 years presumably. I agree that Monroe is outgrowing schools with their community growth, but not all of their athletic programs have shown that growth yet. In theory, you would think you see the school grow and then the sports grow next in time.

I created a new thread to discuss this upcoming football season. No one seems to be posting here. It is all about the new alignment and predictions for the season. We also have some new coaches we could discuss. We can talk football there or I can introduce my info in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.