2021 OAC JH State Placers and Possible High Schools

Rumor I've heard is London Murphy, Carson Thomas, and Wyatt Brock will all be going Cincinnati LaSalle next year, not sure how true this is but they are all in that area. Thomas and Brock would be a tough duo for the next 4 years if they stick together.

Rumor I've heard is London Murphy, Carson Thomas, and Wyatt Brock will all be going Cincinnati LaSalle next year, not sure how true this is but they are all in that area. Thomas and Brock would be a tough duo for the next 4 years if they stick together.
Heard Brock is being held back.

Source? I also heard Brock is holding back. Will he be too old? Or has he competed his 3 eligibility years? I know he got 5th his 6th grade year.

Based on his OAC profile results, he took first at districts last year as a 7th grader and competed this year as an 8th grader, so I would think as far as OAC goes, he could not compete again as a JH wrestler. I know nothing about him holding back or not, and I also don't know if OAC adjusted their rules based on COVID. I also believe that he competed some with his JH team this year at Harrison, so I would think that if he is staying there for HS, he would be moving up to 9th next year.

Source? I also heard Brock is holding back. Will he be too old? Or has he competed his 3 eligibility years? I know he got 5th his 6th grade year.
99% sure Brock repeated 6th grade, not sure if his age would allow another repeat.
Is Murphy related to the one that goes to Elder?
Not seeing any names on the list for LaSalle. I know they lost a bunch of Seniors and this is the last class for Coach Zerkle before stepping down prior to the that school year starting and when Coach Root took over. Do they have any state placer quality kids sitting behind those seniors? There were rumors last year of Niffenegger transferring, will he return if partners are limited? Those 2017-2020 classes produces some good teams.

99% sure Brock repeated 6th grade, not sure if his age would allow another repeat.
Not seeing any names on the list for LaSalle. I know they lost a bunch of Seniors and this is the last class for Coach Zerkle before stepping down prior to the that school year starting and when Coach Root took over. Do they have any state placer quality kids sitting behind those seniors? There were rumors last year of Niffenegger transferring, will he return if partners are limited? Those 2017-2020 classes produces some good teams.
PJ Murphy transferred out of Elder and is currently at Oak Hills.

Brock is still 14 doesn’t turn 15 until after school gets out. He is still eligible for another hold back year but could not compete at OAC because he used his 3 years and would also be too old. He is good for OHSAA though if he holds back. If he holds back I’m sure prep schools would be an option. He had some close battles with multiple nationally ranked kids and is for sure at that level. Jake Niffenegger will most likely stay at Lasalle if Brock comes in this year. Who knows tho... we all know his dad is just like the rest of these crazy wrestling dads who will do what’s best for his wrestler. My opinion and thoughts on this whole thing. (Not sure how true any of this is besides his age but this is what I have heard around so far)

Your “source” isn’t looking to sturdy. Noticed he wrestled 138-145 also, how big is he actually? Wrestled 126 at Jr High State and apparently “wasn’t cutting.”?

Well Matfreak you are wrong again. He weighed in at 136, they combined weights, and they listed Lasalle because he went to the event with Tanner Spaulding, but hell what do i know???

zip they just dont get it. Who cares what weight, what school, if he cut or not. Nobody knows the answers to anything except the minds of Yappi. Zip Happy Anniversary

Any changes?

I plan on starting to put together individual rankings shortly after this weekend’s Freestyle/Greco state tournaments and I use this list as the main starting point when it comes to incoming freshmen.

Last edited:
I have been gathering projected lineups over the past week or so and have made changes to this list based on what I received. If there are any other changes, please let me know!