2021 Northern Lakes League

I’ve been trying to tell you all year it won’t matter who they play, Perrysburg doesn’t have the size on the dline or speed in the skill positions to win D1 playoff games against anyone not from NW Ohio this year.
Honestly...I didn't believe until last week, now I think you're right. Perrysburg struggled to do anything against a 1-6 D2 team for the better part of the game when one of their players went down...that isn't a good sign.

Outside of that, I think there is only one game worth watching from an outside perspective.
Napoleon, AW, and Perrysburg in name-your-score games
NV by a TD

I’ve been trying to tell you all year it won’t matter who they play, Perrysburg doesn’t have the size on the dline or speed in the skill positions to win D1 playoff games against anyone not from NW Ohio this year.
I agree. Like I said, I just think they would have a "better" chance against Miamisburg.

Does BG have a shot of beating Napoleon tonight?
I would say no but of course anything can happen. BG would have to play the game of their life and Napoleon would have to have a bunch of turnovers or something. Napoleon’s defense is decent so I think they will shut down BG’s running attack and Napoleon has a decent running attack themselves. BG’s defense isn’t very good.

That said with the way that both teams run the ball, this game should go very quickly. There might not be 10 passes combined. So it could be somewhat low scoring.

I haven't seen Napoleon since week 2, which was bad. If NLL schedules were different and Napoleon-Northview was the last game as opposed to the first do you think Napoleon has improved enough to knock them off?

I haven't seen Napoleon since week 2, which was bad. If NLL schedules were different and Napoleon-Northview was the last game as opposed to the first do you think Napoleon has improved enough to knock them off?
Northview would still have the best athlete on the field in their QB Thor but I believe Napoleon has improved and they were coming off an OT loss to Wauseon the week before when they met the first time as opposed to NV having walked over Bowsher. Things like that matter more than people realize in my opinion.

I’ll admit when I’m wrong, good win for Perrysburg. Watched some of the game and thought it was fairly evenly matched. Couldn’t believe KF tried attempting a 55 yard field goal instead of punting, I felt like that really changed the game. Looks like the Jackets will be at #1 seed Marysville next week in what should be quite the challenge.

Anthony Wayne did what they should against an overmatched team in Rhodes and will be at #1 Medina to face the Highland Hornets.

Lastly Southview finished their season with a tough loss to a good West Holmes team.

I’ll admit when I’m wrong, good win for Perrysburg. Watched some of the game and thought it was fairly evenly matched. Couldn’t believe KF tried attempting a 55 yard field goal instead of punting, I felt like that really changed the game. Looks like the Jackets will be at #1 seed Marysville next week in what should be quite the challenge.

Anthony Wayne did what they should against an overmatched team in Rhodes and will be at #1 Medina to face the Highland Hornets.

Lastly Southview finished their season with a tough loss to a good West Holmes team.
Agree. I didn't think Pburg would win. Never been happier to be dead wrong.

Pburg played OUTSTANDING, especially defensively. Winning that game without Walendzak was beyond impressive. Takats had 136 yds rushing and Sophomore Nick Oros had 105. Defense held the #1 rushing team in the GWOC to around 150 total yards.

Obviously next week vs Marysville will be a test. At least the early weather report is good.....Sunny with a high of 50. That helps Pburg. Also, there is a possibility of getting Walendzak back, which is HUGE.

Poor weather probably evens the field a bit, particularly on grass. Not sure why better weather would help PBrug but I don't know anything about Marysville's play. For all I know, they have exactly the same play style. So, on their turf next weak. Bring back some Honda's.

Poor weather probably evens the field a bit, particularly on grass. Not sure why better weather would help PBrug but I don't know anything about Marysville's play. For all I know, they have exactly the same play style. So, on their turf next weak. Bring back some Honda's.
Better weather would help Pburg because they will be able to throw it. Marysville has a great D and Pburg will need to be able to mix the run and pass. Couldn’t do that last night, but the OL played great and they ran for around 250 yds.

Better weather would help Pburg because they will be able to throw it. Marysville has a great D and Pburg will need to be able to mix the run and pass. Couldn’t do that last night, but the OL played great and they ran for around 250 yds.
I saw Marysville a couple of years ago. They did not want to pass the ball.

I saw Marysville a couple of years ago. They did not want to pass the ball.
Watching the film of their playoff game now. Yep, basically a heavy running team. Similar to Fairmont. They run that kind of Wing-T offense. Lots of misdirection and power running. They put the wing in motion some and then just pitch it to Gabe Powers as well. Their D-Line looks really good as well. That said, Delaware Hayes looks slow and not very good, which shouldn't really be a surprise with them being a 16 seed that only won 3 games. And those 3 wins, the teams combined for only 6 wins (one of which was a D4 school that won 4 games).

I just read this morning that Fairmont, even though "only" 6-4, had 9 of their 10 opponents make the playoffs. Not as big of a deal with 16 teams now in the playoffs, but still. That GWOC is impressive.

The Marysville D is giving up 6.5 points per game. That is incredible. Looking at comparable scores which does not always mean much they had one common opponent in Dublin Jerome, which Marysville trounced 34-0 and Perrysburg lost to 28-10. That loss was eons ago at this point and the Monarchs did struggle against Darby who lost to Berlin who struggled to beat SF.

One thing is for sure, Marysville will chew clock and play D so the game will fly by and any mistakes will be exemplified. I hope the Jackets can pull it off.

The Marysville D is giving up 6.5 points per game. That is incredible. Looking at comparable scores which does not always mean much they had one common opponent in Dublin Jerome, which Marysville trounced 34-0 and Perrysburg lost to 28-10. That loss was eons ago at this point and the Monarchs did struggle against Darby who lost to Berlin who struggled to beat SF.

One thing is for sure, Marysville will chew clock and play D so the game will fly by and any mistakes will be exemplified. I hope the Jackets can pull it off.
Watching the Marysville vs Jerome game.....it was only 7-0 at halftime.

Marysville has some studs. I agree the style of play forces teams to play clean football.
Yep. And after watching a few of their games, Pburg should be able to throw the ball. I mean, they are going to HAVE to throw the ball bc Marysville's run D is impressive.

This game will be on Pburg's OL. Marysville's DL is really, really good. Pburg OL is going to have to play their best game, no doubt.

A little late on this but did anyone see the trick play called back on KF against Perrysburg? A pitch to the rb followed by a throwback to the QB and deep pass down to Perrysburgs 5 yard line was called back for an illegal forward pass. On replay it was clearly a blown call, as neither the lateral or throw back to the QB were forward. KF still had to finish the drive and would’ve been down 14-7 with only 4 minutes or so left but man that one had to sting (pun intended). Not only that but KF’s coach was then given a 15 yard penalty for arguing a pretty clearly blown call. I know officiating if difficult and I try not to criticize but it was brutal to watch.

A little late on this but did anyone see the trick play called back on KF against Perrysburg? A pitch to the rb followed by a throwback to the QB and deep pass down to Perrysburgs 5 yard line was called back for an illegal forward pass. On replay it was clearly a blown call, as neither the lateral or throw back to the QB were forward. KF still had to finish the drive and would’ve been down 14-7 with only 4 minutes or so left but man that one had to sting (pun intended). Not only that but KF’s coach was then given a 15 yard penalty for arguing a pretty clearly blown call. I know officiating if difficult and I try not to criticize but it was brutal to watch.
Yeah, I was there and saw it. Also re-watched the game on BCSN. Definitely a blown call. As a Pburg fan I can't help but feel a little redemption after (in my opinion) getting screwed on a couple of big calls earlier in the year. ;)

It's NOT really redemption when the pay-back happens to the guy standing on the sidewalk. :D Lets pretend it was karma for some dastardly deed committed by KF in a past life. Speaking of karma.... Marysville. PBurg might best be praying for a little forgiveness for past sins of their own.

Last edited: