2021 Miami Valley League

You said “cursing and yelling at kids is not what they need” in reference to the current staff, and that Cates needs to “put a leash” on his assistants. Its no wonder why they are having so many problems. Soft is the word that comes to mind
So to be hard you have to cuss? If a family dont like the coach calling their son a flipping wussy in front of the stands as he comes of the field then they are soft? 40 feet from his mom the coach calls him that and since he didnt like it he is soft. Whole stands heard it and the kid was a freshman in varsity game. He is soft?

I know Tipp football well. Your OC left because he wasnt allowed to cuss and yell at the kids. Sounds like Tipp is soft too I guess. He got warned lots of times for cussing and yelling. Tipp is softer than Butler I guess.

In my experience soft coaches don't win games as much as the harder coaches. In my opinion your last statement is what is wrong with teenagers now. In my experience teenagers and kids are more disrespectful than ever before. Have you ever watched Nick Saban coach? Give that to my kids any day. I know my kids with him coaching are going to learn the game, win more ball games and win championships. That's what kids go out for sports for in my believe.

The funny pregame baseball coach on YouTube comes to mind. He says if your dad says it's not about winning, then your dad's a loser. Tell these kids nowadays suck it up buttercup or don't play football especially.
Sorry, I meant to say hard arse, i.e. yelling, cussing, screaming, etc. type coaches. I am fine with coaches challenging kids.

My kids play for one of each. Here's my take. Each will finish within 2 or 3 wins of each other. Maybe compete for the Conference title. But both will get bounced by the second round of the playoffs. So, no State Championship to contend for. Be amazed if any kid goes higher than a D3 school. But the final results for my kids, one kid really likes the coach, the other kid is just a player on the team. Guess which is which.

In one way, kids are no different from you or I. You wouldn't stay at your job if your boss was always yelling and screaming at you if there was nothing in it for you, i.e. high than market salary, big bonuses, etc.

Why would a kid want to play for a coach who isn't going to contend for state titles or have a history of making D1 players?

So to be hard you have to cuss? If a family dont like the coach calling their son a flipping wussy in front of the stands as he comes of the field then they are soft? 40 feet from his mom the coach calls him that and since he didnt like it he is soft. Whole stands heard it and the kid was a freshman in varsity game. He is soft?

I know Tipp football well. Your OC left because he wasnt allowed to cuss and yell at the kids. Sounds like Tipp is soft too I guess. He got warned lots of times for cussing and yelling. Tipp is softer than Butler I guess.

That is sad, and bothersome.

The coach of the most successful program at Butler doesn't allow that stuff to happen. Yet, they win.

Bellefontaine drive cut short with an interception in Sidney territory.

Sidney 14
Bellefontaine 6

Halftime

Yellow Jackets ball in the second half.

Disappointing opening week for the MVL, huh?

And I'm not talking about the half dozen cop cars called to the Butler parking lot after the game. ?

I think civilization is officially over. No one has any class any more.

And I'm not talking about the half dozen cop cars called to the Butler parking lot after the game. ?

Where were the principals? That was a mess. Northmont kids started it rang the bell the Butler football players ran off the field after them. Disappointing.

Game was good and was happy Butler fought and showed life. Kids play hard for Cates and he has fire. Not soft like Tipp was.

Sorry I'm not trying to go back in fourth with you but I was hard on my kids. My kids would never do this crap. This is teenagers that you say won't put up with yelling, cussing and screaming. This is what they do when they don't get ther butts whipped with ther little.

I have nothing against you but I watched my Sidney high school team give up last night because of lack of discipline and it starts with home then coaching. This team is lazy and the coaches don't make them condition. That in turn leads to numerous players cramping. Not one Bellefontaine player had cramps. The said thing is are coaches still won't condition are players. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the year.

Sorry I'm not trying to go back in fourth with you but I was hard on my kids. My kids would never do this crap. This is teenagers that you say won't put up with yelling, cussing and screaming. This is what they do when they don't get ther butts whipped with ther little.

I have nothing against you but I watched my Sidney high school team give up last night because of lack of discipline and it starts with home then coaching. This team is lazy and the coaches don't make them condition. That in turn leads to numerous players cramping. Not one Bellefontaine player had cramps. The said thing is are coaches still won't condition are players. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the year.
I welcome the civilized discussion. To your point, on Butler's 2nd TD, the WR started celebrating around the 8 yd line as he ran in. I imagine he might have said something, too.

Official throws an unsportsmans like flag on play. Head coach - I believe - walks all the way onto the field where the extra point would be kicked. I have never seen that BUT the ref doesn't throw a flag UNTIL the coach is walking away, no doubt verbally abusing the ref. To me, total lack of leadership for the boys.

About being tough on kids, I am all for it. Ask my kids how I treat them. The problem is when a 14- 15 year old questions me as to why a coach acts like they do or something about their coaching strategy that I am absolutely baffled by, too

Disclaimer. Don't know if it is true but I heard Northmont kids threw rocks at school and car windows.

Where were the principals? That was a mess. Northmont kids started it rang the bell the Butler football players ran off the field after them. Disappointing.

Game was good and was happy Butler fought and showed life. Kids play hard for Cates and he has fire. Not soft like Tipp was.

Game was closer than I thought. Was that Cates who got the personal foul?

If so, between that behavior, parents around me continually yelling profanities at the Refs, and football running off the field to go after opponent's fans, Butler has some issues to address.

Disclaimer. My first thought about the kids ringing the the bell were old school ones up manship, i.e. you were going to ring the bell if we won, so we are going to do it, too.

Problem was, Butler should have a couple school officials around the bell prohibiting that from happening.

Vandalia was just outmanned which again is why a DIII should not be playing a DI. Time to drop the team across the dam nonsense. Just say their name. They are the team three times our size that has beat us in every dame over the last 20 years. But good for Northmont exciting for them considering outside of Beavercreek they’ll be luck to win another game.

Game was much closer than expected. Happy to see Vandalia kids had noses for the ball and did a nice job tackling and wrapping up. Big improvement there from previous years. The kids played hard and nobody quit. They will win some games this year. Just one game and plenty of work to do but I came away encouraged.

Butler played well with the team across the damn. Looks like they may have ran out of steam in the 4th quarter with players playing both ways. I can guarantee none of us who watched them last year, thought they were compete and fight till the end like they did. Coach Cates and his staff did a fantastic job with these boys. I already see great improvement from last year in attitudes and execution. Hopefully they prepare well and do no take Fairborn lightly this year.

My grandson plays for Butler and he is high as a kite on Cates. I'd say there is a real good chance Butler beats Northmont in the near future.

Is Fairborn really that bad or is Tecumseh improved? I miss playing Tecumseh was a great game every year.

Lots of teams stumbled last week. Any thoughts? Troy Sidney and Xenia shocked me. Xenia improved?