2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are all making excellent points. Me personally I’m taking my best 11 and putting them on defense FIRST. I agree you have to obviously score more points than the other team to win, but we get to the last game of the year 6 times and look at the points we have allowed. And I’ll agree some of that recently well the last couple is because we have been so predictable on offense. I honestly believe in 18’ we win if Thomas plays. But that’s neither here nor there. Right now I know the offense needs fixed more than anything else
In high school football your best athletes should play on both sides of the ball.

Actually I think we played more players both ways this year than any time I can remember. And with the multiple injuries we had the depth showed. I can't imagine any others in D2 could have done as well. At the semi or final level however premier guys like Hartson and Jamir are difference makers. Just are.

That I absolutely agree with. I was just saying I’m definitely making sure my very best are on defense first if anything. But yes they should be playing both ways no doubt

Wholeheartedly agree w/ your last 2 posts. Defense first. Your fastest too not necessarily biggest. I'll take 190# and hard to block. When the QB scrambles or the play is to the perimeter seems the only guys who can catch them are db's. WW d-line and lb's could move!

Actually I think we played more players both ways this year than any time I can remember. And with the multiple injuries we had the depth showed. I can't imagine any others in D2 could have done as well. At the semi or final level however premier guys like Hartson and Jamir are difference makers. Just are.
Winton Woods rarely has kids playing both ways and when they do it's situational.

Another interesting thing WW did. We have about 6/7 WRs that play they just keep rotating those guys & now you're defensive backs will continue to get blocked by pretty much a fresh kid evert series. That will definitely wear the avg kid out & kid that plays both ways will be tired and can be.

Another interesting thing WW did. We have about 6/7 WRs that play they just keep rotating those guys & now you're defensive backs will continue to get blocked by pretty much a fresh kid evert series. That will definitely wear the avg kid out & kid that plays both ways will be tired and can be.
The key part of that statement is that WW uses its receivers to block in the run game. Massillon doesn’t do that in their base offense.

We can’t get away with that. I don’t care what anyone says. We don’t have near the talent to play 22 different starters.

We do vs. 99.9% of D2. But I get what you're saying. I agree with playing your best 2, 3, 4 guys both ways. Maybe not full time but significant. I think Moore has done that pretty well in that regard.

We do vs. 99.9% of D2. But I get what you're saying. I agree with playing your best 2, 3, 4 guys both ways. Maybe not full time but significant. I think Moore has done that pretty well in that regard.
All I’m saying is that I want my best players on the field first and foremost. I can go through many scenarios where that wasn’t the case in the past. I agree Moore has done a better job than coaches in the past playing guys both ways

The key part of that statement is that WW uses its receivers to block in the run game. Massillon doesn’t do that in their base offense.
Been calling that out for years... It's why we remain between the tackles most of the time. Drove me nuts watching Ballard and Lamp on runs plays, when the ball is snapped stand up and look to the bench.

Been calling that out for years... It's why we remain between the tackles most of the time. Drove me nuts watching Ballard and Lamp on runs plays, when the ball is snapped stand up and look to the bench.
That’s on the coaches. If kids won’t even give the effort to block on run plays, you sit them until they do. Doesn’t matter how talented they are no one is above the team.

The freshman class is extremely talented. Of those freshman which one's do you feel have the ability to become starters or atleast get significant playing time besides the obvious, Slaughter and Big Mike.

The freshman class is extremely talented. Of those freshman which one's do you feel have the ability to become starters or atleast get significant playing time besides the obvious, Slaughter and Big Mike.
Hackenbracht at safety. Young at corner (lord knows we need someone who can play corner). Looney on the O line.

Status
Not open for further replies.